HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #3901
Arch-Supremacy Member

Price is ok, what places of attraction do they include? How come only two meals? Me remembered we got 5 meals included the last time I followed my company's tour.
The deal just includes accom n transport. Otherwise its free n easy. They only throw in 1 breakfast n 1 dinner. I am not sure if the 1 nite extension comes with breakfast the next morning, but i assume dun have. Hmmm, come to think of it, i dun think i ever been to cameron. Think i'm really keen on this

Your company tour is subsidised rate?

Last edited by Toons; 22-05-2011 at 10:46 PM..
Old 22-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #3902
Arch-Supremacy Member

If ur going to Cameron, can go Raub for their MSW!
It this Raub very near to the town center or something or at some ulu corner of cameron? Paiseh if the qns sounds stupid cos i never been to cameron. If can go there eat msw, then i really keen on the trip liao.
Old 22-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #3903

The deal just costs accom n transport. Otherwise its free n easy. They only throw in 1 breakfast n 1 dinner. I am not sure if the 1 nite extension comes with breakfast the next morning, but i assume dun have.

Your company tour is subsidised rate?
Yes, company will subsidise $20-$30 but that was like 5yrs ago, the recent trips are all free and easy. Last Oct my JB colleague booked an apartment with 3 rooms and kitchen for RM180 a night when he drove up.

Food we can always eat ourselves but it's the transport that is the problem as the attractions like the BOH Tea plantation is far apart and in different towns. I missed the deep fried mushroom and the view from the BOH tea plantation while sipping tea.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session

Last edited by twtan14; 22-05-2011 at 10:54 PM..
Old 22-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #3904
Arch-Supremacy Member

Upcoming buffets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japanese Ala Carte Buffet Lunch at Himawari

Date: 28 May 2011 (Sat)
Time: 11.30am to 2.30pm
Price: $36.80++
Menu: http://www.sbestfood.com/himawari.htm

1) Toons
2) Twtan
3)
4)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steamboat with Xiao Long Bao Dinner Buffet @ Crystal Jade Holland Village

Date: 30 May 2011 (Monday)
Time: 7.30pm to 9.45pm
Price: $22.80++
Menu: Click here

1) Toons
2)
3)
4)

Sunday Brunch at Cafebiz, Trader's Hotel

Date: Sun 5 Jun 2011
Time: 12pm to 3pm
Price: $52++, with 1:1 promo, $30.60 nett

1) Toons
2)

3)
4)
Old 23-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #3905
Arch-Supremacy Member

PPP and I went to try Masala Art buffet.

All the raw veg, we noticed that indian like to jiak cucumber and carrot at the start of their meals.

Black Chana Chaat (dunno what it is, look like peas)

PPP told me this safron is the most expensive spices. (must try).

Mixed Vege Curry (I find it ok, the vege are cooked in curry till it is soft)

Baked potato (very nice, potato is soft and have a certain flavour)

Cottage Cheese with tomato onion and capsicum. (I like the smell and the taste).

Dal Fry (at first thought it was some soup, after trying, felt that it taste like the roti prata vegetarian curry).

Disclaimer : I hold no responsibility for the above mentioned comments, all poster and readers of the above mentioned post will not claim any liabilty or responsibility of any sort from me. I will not be hold responsibilty for any of your whateverso action after reading my post, be it an act of god or common sense.
Old 23-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #3906
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mutton RoganJosh (I have an amazing story on how we conquered this dish).

We were the first group of people to start the restaurant buffet, thus it is still one pot full of mutton. We started to take the mutton, PPP liked it very much, the mutton is the fattier cuts and it does not the mutton smell. PPP took 2/3 of the whole pot of mutton and i took the rest, thus the pot is only left with the gravy and totally no mutton, from the duration that we were there, we did not see them refill the mutton. Than there was this man who came for the buffet alone.

The man went to open the mutton cover, you can see the disappointment on his face. Thinking, he came for the buffet alone and one of the expensive dish that he wanted is gone before he can even eat one piece. PPP was feeling very bad.

Well, below is the picture of the mutton.

Black pepper fish ( i think they use dory fish for this dish, not much taste of the black pepper. The fish texture is soft and smooth)

Chicken Chettinadu (Quite nice, the gravy did infuse itself into the chicken meat)

Chicken Tikka (One of the dish PPP liked. Usually if you go to those coffee shop to take indian food. The chicken is dry, but for this dish is exception. The chicken is moist, fragrant and tender)

Naan (This one is still ok, had it own flavour, i will prefer garlic naan thou)

Another potato dish (Erm....Just ignore the dish name, the potato has the flavour of the spices and is soft.)

Oh.....i forgot to eat this, Only PPP ate it. Maybe he will like to share how it taste like. Thats all the dishes we had. Enjoyed our time their, it is worth a revisit for the atmosphere and the mutton. The variety is ok but not something to look forward to.

Disclaimer : I hold no responsibility for the above mentioned comments, all poster and readers of the above mentioned post will not claim any liabilty or responsibility of any sort from me. I will not be hold responsibilty for any of your whateverso action after reading my post, be it an act of god or common sense.
Old 23-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #3907
Arch-Supremacy Member

Masala Art is having a UOB promotion.

2 eat, pay and 1 dine free. Original price is 26+

So it is $27.82 x 2= $55.64

$55.64 / 3 = $18.55 (for this price is quite worth to eat)

If anyone is interested this promotion is valid till next year. (can't remember the exact date)

I will try to go back soon if there are two more people willing to try.
Old 23-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #3908
Master Member

The lamb is not fatty
its just chewy chewy and not hard hard one..
just the way i like it

the veg pakodas nth much..taste like flour.
Old 23-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #3909
Arch-Supremacy Member

I also like indian food, how come never jio me? Tot you guys not going to buffet? Bluff my feelings

Count me in if you're going back to try again. Hows the dessert. The only thing i dun quite like abt indian food is their dessert. Lagi sweet! They often have this sweet ball in sweet syrup or something, or glutinious rice in sweeten milk.

Anyways, keen to try this? Sunday brunch at song of india? More X, but its ala carte, n i believe the quality of food is much better.

http://sparklingorstill.blogspot.com...-of-india.html

Last edited by Toons; 23-05-2011 at 08:37 AM..
Old 23-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #3910

Count me in if you're going back to try again. Hows the dessert. The only thing i dun quite like abt indian food is their dessert. Lagi sweet! They often have this sweet ball in sweet syrup or something, or glutinious rice in sweeten milk.
My Indian colleague made for us once, the thing is so sweet that we only took a bite and not eat any more.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 23-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #3911
Arch-Supremacy Member

I also like indian food, how come never jio me? Tot you guys not going to buffet? Bluff my feelings
Anyways, keen to try this? Sunday brunch at song of india? More X, but its ala carte, n i believe the quality of food is much better.
http://sparklingorstill.blogspot.com...-of-india.html
Sorry lah, , impromptu one. Their dessert is not sweet, one ish semonla pudding(warm), the one is rice pudding (cold). Both r very nice, I like the semonla pudding more, not too sweet. I took two serving.
Old 23-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #3912
Supremacy Member

Raub, Bentong, Pahang, Malaysia

http://www.cameronhighlandsinfo.com/getting_on/

Look out for Gua Musang (The Birthplace of MSW)
Old 23-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #3913
High Supremacy Member

The lamb is not fatty
its just chewy chewy and not hard hard one..
just the way i like it

the veg pakodas nth much..taste like flour.
Luckily you never chio me else both of us will be fighting over the lamb curry

Hard to find good mutton curry these days...

BTW, the one at Starz is not bad - I had a quite a bit the last time I was there

The mutton curry at Straits Cafe at Rendezvous Hotel is also not bad

Did I mention that they also have snow crab legs? hahah
Old 23-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #3914
High Supremacy Member

Yes. The voucher only $78, but i added the $29 for fuel surcharge n terminal fee as well as compulsory tips. Can stay on weekend without surcharge. $107 is basically nett already. I combed thru the fine print, so should be quite safe.
I noe u added in the chapalang charges to arrive at $107 tats y I told u lust time there's no nid to pay separately one. Hence, I'm not sure if tis package is considered good or not.

Well, i heard that their seafood is fresh, i wanna go drink A&W ice cream float, coney dog n i find their massages inexpensive. I might also wanna try parasailing. Then do a bit of shopping ... buy a bit of local produce, i think their kuek lapis quite nice. All in all, 2 days 1 nite, should be just nice.
They hv tis kelong style of seafood lor. Not bad la but lust time I kena food poisoning

yah, Indonesia message cheap, I nvr tried b4 oso, scared ticklish

I nvr jiak A&W ice cream float & coney dog there b4 leh

Their shopping be it food or non food nothing very nice one lah. Thai & Msia better lor, I feel. Furthermore, naosadaes their pricing higher & higher, esp food $ can wanna fight with sg prices liao.

I actually also interested in going to cameron, but tat one abt 16 hrs travelling to and fro ... can die. for batam, the travelling time is minimum, so better for a short trip over the weekend.
nao u sick of planning buffets switch to plan short trips liao issit
yah, cameron travelling time is too long somemore by nite coach will be tiring.

Since u r so much into eating through short trips, reccomend u something. Hv u heard of Berjaya hills? It is somewhere near KL
Old 23-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #3915

Sunday Brunch at Cafebiz, Trader's Hotel

Date: Sun 5 Jun 2011
Time: 12pm to 3pm
Price: $52++, with 1:1 promo, $30.60 nett

1) Toons
2)

3)
4)
is there oysters in the menu...??
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.