HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #3946
High Supremacy Member

Buy is easy.. but so difficult to book.. i think need to go down personally to make a reservation...
They sold so many thousand vouchers - sure jam one the first few weeks

Will need to wait until Aug or Sep before the queue cools off
wait dun like the spa biz liddat, easy & cheap to buy, hard to mske appmt.

Last edited by twtan14; 24-05-2011 at 06:38 AM..
Old 23-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #3947
High Supremacy Member

Bro, buy for you np, but if for watever reason you cannot go, must still pay me hor. We will fix a date n post here, but no guarantees tat everyone can make it. Eg, I will go on a weekday nite (not example but for sure), but others might wanna do a weekend nite. So its up to you to join whichever outing you prefer. But if so happens tat you cannot make it for both, then you might have to go alone or something.

If you okay with it, let me know by tomorrow morning 11am. The voucher is still open til then.
okok let me knw again when goin...too bad himawari no more voucher if not this sat lunch go also shiok lol...

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]Quote of the year :[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]"Godamnit don't waste my bloody time if you are not interested."[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
Old 23-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #3948
Arch-Supremacy Member

Some photos of the nonya assam laksa n nonya durian chendol i ate in Malacca.

Friend recommended this stall at Jonker st. Actually she recommend this stall for the assam laksa. For the chendol, she said the one sold by an indian opposite the red house was nicer, but i missed tat, so settle for both here.

A queue ... promising! Like a typical SGer, see queue means good. Join in!

The interior of the store is actually an old peranakan house. Very unique.

Last edited by Toons; 24-05-2011 at 08:52 AM..
Old 23-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #3949
Arch-Supremacy Member

The auntie selling the nonya assam laksa.

They were selling a no. of other stuff too, but i only tried the laksa cos i had lunch earlier already.

Hmmm, does not look tat appealing. Oily n is tat fried pig skin??? Not much ingredients too

Old 23-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #3950
Arch-Supremacy Member

K, stir stir a bit looked better. Got cucumber slices, 0.5 egg, prawn, onions etc.

Its actually not pig skin but fried beancurd skin with fish paste. Quite nice.

I liked the gavy too. Not too hot or sourish. Does not taste oily too. Nice flavour. Quite refreshing in fact.

All in all, definitely 1 of the nicer assam laksa i ever ate. I wouldn't go to the extent of tapoing it back to SG like my friend did, but i can't deny its nice Enjoyed it. Its RM$5 in case you're wondering. Saw other ppl eating with added ingredients like curry chix. Regret not adding in tat nice looking fried wanton n taupo.

Last edited by Toons; 24-05-2011 at 12:03 AM..
Old 23-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #3951
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tried the nonya durian chendol next.

Gula melaka + condensed milk ... sinfully heavenly ...

With a dollop of durian paste ... i'm in heaven

Mixing all the different parts together into a rich, creamy, sweet, fragrance sludge

Hmmm, very nice durian chendol. I would prefer more durian, but i can see how it might overpower the fragrance of gula melaka n be too sweet too. As it is now, everything blends together well. It might be a sinful indulgence, but its worth every single calorie! Eat this kinda of nice food, have to run like hell on treadmill also no regrets man ...

The normal version is RM$3. The durian version is RM$4. There is a durian ECP (no, i have no idea wat ECP means), think its an upsized version at RM$5. They also have a no. of other dessert items which i did not try

Last edited by Toons; 24-05-2011 at 12:06 AM..
Old 24-05-2011, 12:19 AM   #3952
Arch-Supremacy Member

wait dun like the spa biz liddat, easy & cheap to buy, hard to mske appmt.

nid to see & verify if ish realli u won mah who noes, tat person in the pix could be the other guy who won, cos from the build & hand, hmmm ... doesnt seem like lao unker Toons leh
Yalor. I realli having 2nd tots abt joaquim. Its now at 21k vouchers sold. Just simple maths can count liao. Can they really serve 140 customers a nite? Gonna be a mad house.

Aiyoh, not as if win 4D 1st prize, why need to bluff? Furthermore its like kinda of yaogui contest

So whose build n hand does the photo resemble? When was the last time we ate together? I definitely gained weight since then

okok let me knw again when goin...too bad himawari no more voucher if not this sat lunch go also shiok lol...
K, then i buy for you. Yea, himawari was a great deal. Its serving better stuff then ikoi or irodori, but so much cheaper at $25 nett. You even have enough left over to get free flow soft drinks, ice cream (nice!) and a serving of fruit. I'm definitely hooked on voucher buying cos of the himawari deal.

Now i bought so many vouchers i better start a db of the vouchers i bought as well as the expiry dates. Think i even bought a voucher for aircon serving
Old 24-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #3953
High Supremacy Member

wah! wat hv u done again to make ppl distrust u? jialat leh
u better commit yrself b4 asking ppl to buy the joaquim voucher~
o.o what have i done??i only 1st july to 6th july cant + 3rd june others im all ok

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]Quote of the year :[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]"Godamnit don't waste my bloody time if you are not interested."[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
Old 24-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #3954
High Supremacy Member

Yalor. I realli having 2nd tots abt joaquim. Its now at 21k vouchers sold. Just simple maths can count liao. Can they really serve 140 customers a nite? Gonna be a mad house.

Aiyoh, not as if win 4D 1st prize, why need to bluff? Furthermore its like kinda of yaogui contest

So whose build n hand does the photo resemble? When was the last time we ate together? I definitely gained weight since then

K, then i buy for you. Yea, himawari was a great deal. Its serving better stuff then ikoi or irodori, but so much cheaper at $25 nett. You even have enough left over to get free flow soft drinks, ice cream (nice!) and a serving of fruit. I'm definitely hooked on voucher buying cos of the himawari deal.

Now i bought so many vouchers i better start a db of the vouchers i bought as well as the expiry dates. Think i even bought a voucher for aircon serving
wah $25 dollars net....wah really regretted nv see this offer at all...nv been to ikoi or irodori but himawari at alexender road was quite good.....wah really wasted no chance go himawari lol

Old 24-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #3955
High Supremacy Member

lol... u got a point there... now i start to wonder about buying those coupons liao... good thing i never buy any such coupons... i dun like the idea of paying something first b4 getting the goods/service... unless i am GUARANTEED the goods/service at the date/time i want... (hence for eg. booking movie tickets in advanced is okay.. but not paying $$$ in advance without having a fixed date/time... )

i wonder wat happens to those who paid for the vouchers but unable to spend it because always fully booked...?

regards,
wacky
Old 24-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #3956
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah $25 dollars net....wah really regretted nv see this offer at all...nv been to ikoi or irodori but himawari at alexender road was quite good.....wah really wasted no chance go himawari lol
Can still go mah, just need to pay normal price of $43.30 nett. Its ala carte, so more ppl can really try more things. Sometimes even if willing to pay also cannot find tat many ppl to go with, personal experience But also cos of tat, this sat might not be onz as 2 other peeps who bought voucher cannot confirm. If twtan dun mind i will prefer to postpone til can fix a date which they can make it. Anyways the voucher valid for 6 months, so plenty of time.
Old 24-05-2011, 12:39 AM   #3957
High Supremacy Member

Can still go mah, just need to pay normal price of $43.30 nett. Its ala carte, so more ppl can really try more things. Sometimes even if willing to pay also cannot find tat many ppl to go with, personal experience But also cos of tat, this sat might not be onz as 2 other peeps who bought voucher cannot confirm. If twtan dun mind i will prefer to postpone til can fix a date which they can make it. Anyways the voucher valid for 6 months, so plenty of time.
true also haha......

Old 24-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #3958
High Supremacy Member

wait everydae full hse till expiry cannot redeem den more jialat.

looks more like P_P_P's smooth & fair hand
the last time we ate tgt is tat time where u ate like a monster

gain weight or not physically is still not tat impt, but to schedule too many buffets within short intervals over long period of time is clearly unhealthy.

I'm sure u dun nid to be a doctor b4 u can realise tis?

I'm definitely hooked on voucher buying cos of the himawari deal.

muahahaha! yr pattern very auntie leh. from cutting coupons to purchase online vouchers jialat! u mai mix with aunties too much
Old 24-05-2011, 12:50 AM   #3959
High Supremacy Member

wait everydae full hse till expiry cannot redeem den more jialat.
i think better spend them FAST...! cos i think chances are... ppl are not going to spend the vouchers evenly... likely there will be MORE ppl spending the voucher LATER than earlier... so imagine when voucher expiring dat time... everyone rushing to try to use the voucher... den every day all fully booked until someone will not have chance to use it...!

regards,
wacky
Old 24-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #3960
Arch-Supremacy Member

We can proceed with this Saturday's outing. Twtan, sorry about the Todai outing. Wife is not well and still recovering. Quite lucky that I did not go also, as I got diarrhea after smsing you. 14 times that day. My digestive system was thoroughly cleansed.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.