HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #3961

We can proceed with this Saturday's outing. Twtan, sorry about the Todai outing. Wife is not well and still recovering. Quite lucky that I did not go also, as I got diarrhea after smsing you. 14 times that day. My digestive system was thoroughly cleansed.
Er, so this Sat is lunch or dinner now?

No problem, best to rest and eat light when sick because we can always go again later if there is demand.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 24-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #3962
High Supremacy Member

i think better spend them FAST...! cos i think chances are... ppl are not going to spend the vouchers evenly... likely there will be MORE ppl spending the voucher LATER than earlier... so imagine when voucher expiring dat time... everyone rushing to try to use the voucher... den every day all fully booked until someone will not have chance to use it...!

regards,
wacky
i always thot it's better to use it a bit later. when the initial rush is over.
Old 24-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #3963

Some photos of the nonya assam laksa n nonya durian chendol i ate in Malacca.

Friend recommended this stall at Jonker st. Actually she recommend this stall for the assam laksa. For the chendol, she said the one sold by an indian opposite the red house was nicer, but i missed tat, so settle for both here.
Did you happened to see an old man on bicycle selling hand made pau? The last time we were there, thanks to our driver, who pointed out for us else we would not have got a chance to try it. He don't make a lot so once sold out, got to wait for next day liao.

Old 24-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #3964
Arch-Supremacy Member

We can proceed with this Saturday's outing. Twtan, sorry about the Todai outing. Wife is not well and still recovering. Quite lucky that I did not go also, as I got diarrhea after smsing you. 14 times that day. My digestive system was thoroughly cleansed.
Er, so this Sat is lunch or dinner now?
Great to hear tat you and your wife are feeling okay now. For this sat, we do dinner then cos you guys can't make it for lunch?
Old 24-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #3965
High Supremacy Member

K.

Then i take tat voucher can? I asking if bigmonkey n ppp interested too cos it seems like they are the only ones more interested in indian food here.
Sure, no problem

Bought another voucher for standby in case someone else needs it...hahah
Old 24-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #3966
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did you happened to see an old man on bicycle selling hand made pau? The last time we were there, thanks to our driver, who pointed out for us else we would not have got a chance to try it. He don't make a lot so once sold out, got to wait for next day liao.
Yea, i saw. There were quite a no. of makeshift stalls along jonker st selling all kinds of stuff. The paus are nice? Aiyoh, never try. The trip came with a nonya lunch, so i actually just whacked the assam laksa and chendol only. Did not eat anything else
Old 24-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #3967
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sure, no problem

Bought another voucher for standby in case someone else needs it...hahah
K, i bought 2 vouchers. Plus the 2 you have, tats 4 for bigmonkey, PPP, you n me.
Old 24-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #3968

Yea, i saw. There were quite a no. of makeshift stalls along jonker st selling all kinds of stuff. The paus are nice? Aiyoh, never try. The trip came with a nonya lunch, so i actually just whacked the assam laksa and chendol only. Did not eat anything else
Quite nice, very different from those we normally eat. The pau is kind of flat, more like bun shape.

Old 24-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #3969
High Supremacy Member

K, i bought 2 vouchers. Plus the 2 you have, tats 4 for bigmonkey, PPP, you n me.
Great Toons

Erm, can we fix it after 5 Jun?

Thanks
Old 24-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #3970
High Supremacy Member

i think better spend them FAST...! cos i think chances are... ppl are not going to spend the vouchers evenly... likely there will be MORE ppl spending the voucher LATER than earlier... so imagine when voucher expiring dat time... everyone rushing to try to use the voucher... den every day all fully booked until someone will not have chance to use it...!

regards,
wacky
Trick is to find a "lull" period between the initial and final rush...hahah

But not sure if they can sustain the quality though - that's the biggest worry I guess....

My first time buying such coupons also - put it down as a learning experience lor...hahah
Old 24-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #3971
Master Member

Trick is to find a "lull" period between the initial and final rush...hahah

But not sure if they can sustain the quality though - that's the biggest worry I guess....

My first time buying such coupons also - put it down as a learning experience lor...hahah
when is the lull period???

i worry u guys not enough quality food ...to nom !
Old 24-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #3972
High Supremacy Member

when is the lull period???

i worry u guys not enough quality food ...to nom !
That's the million dollar question...hahah

I would put it some time in Jul bah

Speaking of food, anyone keen to try 2D1N?

I very "gian" after seeing someone post the pixs at another thread "10 best buffets or something"...hahah
Old 24-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #3973
Master Member

I very "gian" after seeing someone post the pixs at another thread "10 best buffets or something"...hahah
what is that?
Old 24-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #3974
Arch-Supremacy Member

Great Toons

Erm, can we fix it after 5 Jun?

Thanks
Sure. Just the 4 of us. Easy to plan as long as before expiry date.

I am keen. When? This will be a meat fest!!!
Old 24-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #3975
Supremacy Member

You interested in indian times or joaquim? Both vouchers are still available. Wan me to grab 1 for you? As for date, not confirmed yet, but if you keen, then we can just fix a date where everyone can make it. PPP n me all very free one.

The voucher really earned with tears n mucus
haha toons u challenged the fiery sushi? this pic is EPIC!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.