HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #3991
Arch-Supremacy Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japanese Ala Carte Buffet Lunch at Himawari

Date: 28 May 2011 (Sat)
Time: 6pm to 10.30pm
Price: $36.80++
Menu: http://www.sbestfood.com/himawari.htm

1) Toons
2) Twtan
3) Piggy
4) Piggy wife + piglet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steamboat with Xiao Long Bao Dinner Buffet @ Crystal Jade Holland Village

Date: 30 May 2011 (Monday)
Time: 7.30pm to 9.45pm
Price: $22.80++
Menu: Click here

1) Toons
2) Kahlan (TBC)
3)
4)

Old 24-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #3992
Arch-Supremacy Member

haha toons u challenged the fiery sushi? this pic is EPIC!
Thks! Dun think i look as bad, though PPP and bigmonkey said my eyes were red ...

finally managed to make reservations at Joaquim for this thursday!
Let us know how it goes. Thks.

Raven n evilduxy, joaquim vouchers bought.
Old 24-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #3993
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looks good. When you all going?

Just had half a pork knuckle bought from cold storage for breakfast. Keeping the other half for tomorrow. Eat whole pork knuckle one shot sure uplorry in no time. Damn shiok. Only complaint is that got slight porky smell.
Old 24-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #3994

Just had half a pork knuckle bought from cold storage for breakfast. Keeping the other half for tomorrow. Eat whole pork knuckle one shot sure uplorry in no time. Damn shiok. Only complaint is that got slight porky smell.
I used to buy them when they are still sold per knuckle at a fix price, now it's sold by weight so the cost is much higher. The roast pork is very nice too, may look like dry on the outside but inside is soft.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 24-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #3995
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thks! Dun think i look as bad, though PPP and bigmonkey said my eyes were red ...

Raven n evilduxy, joaquim vouchers bought.
Toons, when you going to Todai again?

I gave up on Joaquim after seeing the number of people who bought. 24K is nuts. How they going to cater to so many people?
Old 24-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #3996
Arch-Supremacy Member

I used to buy them when they are still sold per knuckle at a fix price, now it's sold by weight so the cost is much higher. The roast pork is very nice too, may look like dry on the outside but inside is soft.
It's still fixed price leh. $17.90. I cheepo. I bought after 8.30pm so it's $10.

Today one is fatty with the tendons and gelatin. Tomorrow will be more crispy skin. I slice off outside parts to keep and toasted the inside parts with the bones. Had 3 hashbrowns to go with it. Shiok. Maybe tomorrow open a can of beer.
Old 24-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #3997
High Supremacy Member

I think he means that if we managed to use the coupons very good liao
ya.... cos typical problem with ppl buying too much coupons are either (1) buy too many and forget to use before expiry (or the coupons got lost)... or (2) remember to use but cannot get reservation because too many ppl trying to redeem the coupon at the same time and the restaurant does not have sufficient logistics to handle the surge in demand...

so in the end... u end up pay $$$ for useless piece of paper... u dun even get to eat... so doesn't matter whether quality is there or not...

regards,
wacky

Last edited by twtan14; 24-05-2011 at 01:32 PM..
Old 24-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #3998
Arch-Supremacy Member

Toons, when you going to Todai again?
Likely lunch on a mon or thu in Jun cos my voucher expires in Jun. The waiting staff said there might be a new challenge in Jun. I arrange with you if you're keen.
Old 24-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #3999
High Supremacy Member

Erm I eat a pork knuckle by myself every week - okay my two doggies will help a little

It's actually not that much since the actual weight is about 900g including bone

I usually eat it with mustard - sure will get rid of the smell haha

OT a bit - anyone knows where I can find Frenchs horseradish mustard?

Cold Stoage used to have them but they now only stock honey mustard
Old 24-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #4000

Guys and gals, do keep OT discussions to the bare minimum or via the PMs, because a certain someone said I practise discrimination so to shut her up, I will be strict on the OT stuffs.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...3249769&page=8

Last edited by twtan14; 24-05-2011 at 01:50 PM..
Old 24-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #4001
High Supremacy Member

It's still fixed price leh. $17.90. I cheepo. I bought after 8.30pm so it's $10.

Today one is fatty with the tendons and gelatin. Tomorrow will be more crispy skin. I slice off outside parts to keep and toasted the inside parts with the bones. Had 3 hashbrowns to go with it. Shiok. Maybe tomorrow open a can of beer.
Hey I didn't know that it's only $10 after 830pm - most Cold Storage I go usually sold out by 7pm lol

Anyway I buy mine from Shop&Save over at West Mall these days

They go by weight by still cheaper than $17.90 from Cold Storage

Giant at Vivo also has pork knuckles at $16.90 but not that nice
Old 24-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #4002

Northpoint I always see it selling by weight leh unless they got special promotion whereby they sell by each knuckle? Come to think of it, I have never go to Cold Storage that late before, usually before 7pm.

Last edited by twtan14; 24-05-2011 at 01:59 PM..
Old 24-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #4003

OT a bit - anyone knows where I can find Frenchs horseradish mustard?
Think I saw before in the supermart at Raffles City Shopping Centre.

Old 24-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #4004
Supremacy Member

After a fruitful day of bargain hunting at the Great Singapore Sale, from 27 May to 24 July 2011, shopaholics can look forward to tantalising dining choices and irresistible savings at Swissôtel The Stamford before embarking on the next round of retail therapy.

Café Swiss
Every Monday to Saturday, from 12:00pm until 2:30pm, during the Great Singapore Sale, enjoy a sumptuous lunch buffet at Café Swiss and get a 50% discount. And the 50% discount is just off the price, not the Swiss hospitality!

Kopi Tiam
Throughout the Great Singapore Sale, enjoy 25% off your favourite dish at Kopi Tiam. Indulge in Singaporean classics like Laksa or Chicken Rice, and the delectable culinary culture of Singapore while taking a break from the overwhelming shopping culture of Singapore!

Introbar
The perfect place to unwind and relax after a day of shopping, Introbar offers weary shoppers 25% off food and beverage from 9:00pm until closing. If you are taking a short shopping break, stop by between 3:00pm and 9:00pm for a refreshing Sundowner!

Out of the Pan
Everybody loves a crepe and what better way to recharge as you shop than with a delicious crepe - especially when it is 30% off! From 10am to 10pm daily, during the Great Singapore Sale, have your choice of crepe at 30% off. Now that's a delicious savings!
Old 24-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #4005
High Supremacy Member

Café Swiss
Every Monday to Saturday, from 12:00pm until 2:30pm, during the Great Singapore Sale, enjoy a sumptuous lunch buffet at Café Swiss and get a 50% discount. And the 50% discount is just off the price, not the Swiss hospitality!
Hmm...any catch? hahah

Although the reviews I saw like not very good, I may still go there for their extensive cheese selection

Anyone game for lunch next week?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.