HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #4036
High Supremacy Member

Thks! Dun think i look as bad, though PPP and bigmonkey said my eyes were red ...

Let us know how it goes. Thks.

Raven n evilduxy, joaquim vouchers bought.
okok so when pay u money?? pay u on buffet itself or u wan me to bank to yr acct?

Out of the Pan
Everybody loves a crepe and what better way to recharge as you shop than with a delicious crepe - especially when it is 30% off! From 10am to 10pm daily, during the Great Singapore Sale, have your choice of crepe at 30% off. Now that's a delicious savings!
woh any catch for this or i can just order a creep at 30% off?
5 vouchers sold. The deal is ONZ!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner at Sichuan Douhua 3

Date: 6 Jun 2011 (Monday)
Location: Sichuan Douhua, UOB Plaza (beside Raffles Place MRT)
Time: 6.30pm to 10pm
Price: $38, with 4 pay 3 promo, $38 nett estimated due to misc charges like pickles, peanuts etc

1) Toons
2) Lovejade
3) Carey
4) twtan
5) late4ever

Minimum 4 pax needed, so this outing will only be confirmed if we hit 4 pax. Also, once confirmed, please get a replacement if you cannot go at last min.
hey hows the food like? whats nice over there?wah damn wasted i only able to leave work at ard 7+ nv got a chance to go for weekday buffets

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]Quote of the year :[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]"Godamnit don't waste my bloody time if you are not interested."[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
Old 24-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #4037
Supremacy Member

evilduxy: their crepes are quite nice but not cheap either. think cheapest also around $14 and above... used to have 1 for 1 for uob cards, not sure if promo ended already.
Old 24-05-2011, 11:37 PM   #4038
High Supremacy Member

evilduxy: their crepes are quite nice but not cheap either. think cheapest also around $14 and above... used to have 1 for 1 for uob cards, not sure if promo ended already.
yah quite nice but k la not say everytime eat....the uob 1 for 1 over already if im not wrong haha

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]Quote of the year :[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]"Godamnit don't waste my bloody time if you are not interested."[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
Old 24-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #4039
Arch-Supremacy Member

okok so when pay u money?? pay u on buffet itself or u wan me to bank to yr acct?

hey hows the food like? whats nice over there?wah damn wasted i only able to leave work at ard 7+ nv got a chance to go for weekday buffets
I email you the voucher n my a/c no over the weekend bah. Can pm me your email addy?

Its a chinese ala carte buffet with a slight slant towards spicier sichuan dishes. Most of the dishes there are pretty good. Think of the guys here liked their fried soon hock. We usually whack quite a no. of fishes whenever we go there. Normally buffet if fish free flow, then not fresh. If fresh, then normally limited to 1 order nia. The fishes at Sichuan are both fresh n unlimited
Old 24-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #4040
Master Member

This brunch - The Song Of India @ Scotts Road? Pick a sunday
Yep! Thats the one. I'm actually free on all sundays including 4th june as im taking the night flight.

If you found any interesting makan places, let me know so can go try soon.
Hehe, coz that day me and monkey go try the indian buffet..
so Toons recommend that Song of India sunday brunch
Old 24-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #4041
Arch-Supremacy Member

These 2 buffets just got bumped up in my books. Yum yum.

High Tea Buffet @ The Regent Hotel

Seafood Buffet @ Hilton Singapore
Old 24-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #4042
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yep! Thats the one. I'm actually free on all sundays including 4th june as im taking the night flight.

Hehe, coz that day me and monkey go try the indian buffet..
so Toons recommend that Song of India sunday brunch
Bro, sunday brunch ... 4th jun is sat lar. You also damn solid. Can eat buffet b4 boarding a flight. I scared laosai on the plane

I did go to a buffet in BKK right after getting off the flight though. I even dragged my luggage with me to the buffet. No choice, time is precious

Sun 12, 19, 26 Jun take your pick.

Err, i think twtan meant thailand, but you not going to BKK right?

Last edited by Toons; 24-05-2011 at 11:54 PM..
Old 24-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #4043
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sorry for the blur picture cos my iphone cannot take the hotness of the sushi.

This is level 4.

This is the ultimate level 5

To complete the challenge, must lick the sauce clean?

Toons, you want to go for the challenge again if there is another one in June?
Old 24-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #4044
Arch-Supremacy Member

Northpoint I always see it selling by weight leh unless they got special promotion whereby they sell by each knuckle? Come to think of it, I have never go to Cold Storage that late before, usually before 7pm.
Compasspoint is fixed at $17.90. Not everytime got stock at 8.30pm. Must see luck. Yesterday left 3. I chose the meatiest one with the smallest bone. I tried the duck and chicken drumsticks but they are quite dry.
Old 24-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #4045
Arch-Supremacy Member

To complete the challenge, must lick the sauce clean?

Toons, you want to go for the challenge again if there is another one in June?
No need. Just need to eat the 2 pieces of sushi. They are not very particular. When i did the challenge, i had grains of rice all over my plate, but they did not insist i eat them all up. Maybe they scared i will take another 10 mins to eat up the grains ... hehe.

The current fiery sushi challenge will end in May. I heard tat there will be another challenge in Jun. No details though.

I will go again for a weekday lunch in jun to use the voucher. If the challenge is interesting n does not involve sushi, then i might join again. You onz too right?

Bigmonkey should be interested too. Dunno why he deleted his post. Of all the things to learn, he go n learn from lovejade
Old 25-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #4046
High Supremacy Member

I email you the voucher n my a/c no over the weekend bah. Can pm me your email addy?

Its a chinese ala carte buffet with a slight slant towards spicier sichuan dishes. Most of the dishes there are pretty good. Think of the guys here liked their fried soon hock. We usually whack quite a no. of fishes whenever we go there. Normally buffet if fish free flow, then not fresh. If fresh, then normally limited to 1 order nia. The fishes at Sichuan are both fresh n unlimited
oh okok wah but damn tempted by the way u desrcibe the food...fried soon hock is good...feel like trying to leave early on monday lol..any pm send !

Old 25-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #4047
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can check with Toons, he went before just last year or was it earlier this year. What kind of Swiss food do they have? Chocolate, cheese, fondue are all I could think of.
I went during boxing day. It's good if it's 1-for-1. Value for money. Spread is limited but the quality is not bad. Worth going.
Old 25-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #4048
High Supremacy Member

ah... checkers brasserie...!! and got bamboo clams!!

regards,
wacky
Old 25-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #4049
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bro, sunday brunch ... 4th jun is sat lar. You also damn solid. Can eat buffet b4 boarding a flight. I scared laosai on the plane

I did go to a buffet in BKK right after getting off the flight though. I even dragged my luggage with me to the buffet. No choice, time is precious

Sun 12, 19, 26 Jun take your pick.

Err, i think twtan meant thailand, but you not going to BKK right?
I tried 2 buffets in BBK before. The one at Baiyoke Sky which has a huge spread. The other one was a street steamboat BBQ which th locals there go for. The second one was very cheap. But you need an iron-cast stomach. We survived with no diarrhea.
Old 25-05-2011, 12:08 AM   #4050
Arch-Supremacy Member

I went during boxing day. It's good if it's 1-for-1. Value for money. Spread is limited but the quality is not bad. Worth going.
Piggy, they got a lot of cheese there mah? I only remember they have a stn with a machine which heats up a slab of cheese n they will shave the molten cheese onto your plate or something. Found the chees too stinky for me though. Can't remember abt their cheese platter liao.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.