HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #4111
Arch-Supremacy Member

He PMed me saying got meeting that day so cannot make it.

Will meet you at your proposed place and time.
So lucky, i put my name as extra. Got 4 pple than I go, no 4 pple than I dun go.
Old 26-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #4112

So lucky, i put my name as extra. Got 4 pple than I go, no 4 pple than I dun go.
Enjoy your Kiseki makan, remember to try the grilled salmon belly hor, it's so yummy delicious. Just thinking of it make me so hungry now. Take pictures to post here later.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 26-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #4113
Arch-Supremacy Member

FOC parking at Sim Siang Choon? Dunch park along Changi South hokay? Alot of peepur always park there foc but LTA will come and summon one.
Got proper lots free after 5pm. I always park there when I go expo. Far to walk but free lor. I cheapo.
Old 26-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #4114
Arch-Supremacy Member

Enjoy your Kiseki makan, remember to try the grilled salmon belly hor, it's so yummy delicious. Just thinking of it make me so hungry now. Take pictures to post here later.
Thank you for the recommendation. Just took the allergic pill, hope can hoot alll the expensive shell fish. Come join us lo.

I think tomorrow lunch, i will be going to sakura international buffet at safra jurong.

Last edited by BigMonkey; 26-05-2011 at 06:29 PM..
Old 26-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #4115

Thank you for the recommendation. Just took the allergic pill, hope can hoot alll the expensive shell fish. Come join us lo.

I think tomorrow lunch, i will be going to sakura international buffet at safra jurong.
Thanks for the invitation, me just ate my dinner, so full liao. But hor the lobsters not fresh one.

Old 26-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #4116
Arch-Supremacy Member

Huh? Which outing? 4chuan douhua? Tat one nevermind lar, we splitting the bill equally, so even if not in multiples of 4 also okay.

Lol, you finally bought your allergy suppression pills? Good lar, now can whack all the shellfish already.

Wah, you work day lunch also whack buffet? WTG!!!
Old 26-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #4117
Arch-Supremacy Member

My dinner at Window on the Park, Holiday Inn Orchard. This is 1 of those perpetual 1:1! As such, the spread is tailored to the discounted price rather than the original price. Same practise like 333, melting pot, tiffany cafe etc. In other words, you wouldn't want to pay full price, so go only if you have even numbers to take advantage of the promo.

I know tat they serve sashimi, but i din know tat they have swordfish too! I'm estatic! Luckily the swordsfish is of acceptable freshness. Freshness of the salmon varied though. So i will just take if i spot nice servings, esp right after they replenished. Yum yum, the swordsfish is making me very happy

They serve mostly common hot dishes. From top, its stirred fried black pepper beef (so so cos the beef rather bland n got no beefy taste), sweet sour crispy prawns (not bad, nice balance of sweetness n sourness, prawn fresh), fish in black bean paste (okay, cheap dory fish used, so not much taste, but at least not fishy), teriyaki chicken (not bad), and pan fried salmon in the middle (varies, some pieces tad dry).

They also have salads, chilli crabs, soups, mee siam, oyster omelette (without oysters ) carbo etc.

My fav dessert, durian pengat!

Hmmm, ice cream cone made ala minute. Now this gave me an idea.
Old 26-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #4118
Arch-Supremacy Member

A plus B ... = Durian pengat, ice cream style!

Yum yum, heavenly.

Yet another serving. Had a total of 3 cones of durian pengat.

Plus 1 scoop paired with prawn crackers! Intense sweetness + crispiness + slight savoury + prawn oily taste.

The durian pengat is a tad too sweet, n the flavour can be more intense. Also too smooth without the fruit fibre. However, its still quite good. Definitely in sugar overload mode now Wheeeeeeee .........

All in all, a small spread, but really can't complain given the price. Actually small spread also good cos less likely to overeat. Everything try a bit also will not be tat full. Most of the food are okay taste wise.

Good service. Staff friendly n prompt. Food also replenished fast.

Next cheapo buffet stop, Melting Pot! Also bought a voucher for it Lucky got voucher, cos i dun wanna find a victim just to go with me for the 1:1 promo considering the std of the food.

Last edited by Toons; 26-05-2011 at 10:30 PM..
Old 26-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #4119

A plus B ... = Durian pengat, ice cream style!

The durian pengat is a tad too sweet, n the flavour can be more intense. Also too smooth without the fruit fibre. However, its still quite good. Definitely in sugar overload mode now Wheeeeeeee .........

All in all, a small spread, but really can't complain given the price. Actually small spread also good cos less likely to overeat. Everything try a bit also will not be tat full. Most of the food are okay taste wise.

Good service. Staff friendly n prompt. Food also replenished fast.

Next cheapo buffet stop, Melting Pot! Also bought a voucher for it Lucky got voucher, cos i dun wanna find a victim just to go with me for the 1:1 promo considering the std of the food.
their durian pengat is still best.
still have UOB /DBS/HSBC 1-for-1 ??
Official EDMW Tag Heuer Watch Owners Club. - 41th member
Official Cat Owners - 15th member ~meow~

♥☼ |ink|iN paRk & tOk|o hoTe| ♥☼
Old 26-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #4120
Arch-Supremacy Member

their durian pengat is still best.
still have UOB /DBS/HSBC 1-for-1 ??
Try the durian pengat at cafe brizo, park hotel clark quay. Trust me, its a lot better.

Yea, Window on the Park always have 1:1 promo. Not sure which card though as i am using a 50% off voucher.

Imo, its 1 of those restaurants which take their price, double it, and then offer a 1:1 promo as a gimmick. Good thing is last time, the promo only applies for weekdays, but now i believe its also applicable for fri n sat which supposedly have a better seafood spread. Do call to check if keen though.
Old 26-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #4121
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the invitation, me just ate my dinner, so full liao. But hor the lobsters not fresh one.
Sad to say, no salmon belly for me to whack. I reach abt 7pm. All the salmon belly is gone. No lobster also, lobster only available for fri, sat n sun. The variety is huge. But the quality is not there. The quality of the food is comparable to Ishi mura. The only difference is the amount of variety. For a buffet that cost $35.05nett. I am expecting more quality. Forgive me if I am being critical. Maybe it is just me being me, one man's meat is another's man poison? No hw done for this outing as I dun feel I should give free advertisement. Pardon me for those who like kiseki, the comments posted are purely my own opinion. Will post a more detailed review once my allergic drug wear off.

Overall is an enjoyable outing, becos of the great company.

Last edited by BigMonkey; 26-05-2011 at 10:54 PM..
Old 26-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #4122
High Supremacy Member

My dinner at Window on the Park, Holiday Inn Orchard.
thanks for yr review, Toons.
haha, u sound so heypi even though it is juz an average buffet. is sakura's std better or tis?
Old 26-05-2011, 11:18 PM   #4123
Master Member

he emphasis many times for that price that standard... doesnt sound positive.... eee
Old 26-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #4124
Master Member

Woots! First must thank carey for the Banana spin! its shiok!

For the buffet, there was many varieties. but as monkey stated, the quality.. not there.
But i still enjoyed the pork belly the most but without sauce.
it was nice and crispy but there was some sticking together. the last few rounds of pork belly standard dropped to the extend it became tough
their teppan beef was also not bad..but as usual, standard dropped for the last round of it.
other than that, everything was just average

but i still enjoyed myself though! so much chatting going on

and thanks donkey for driving me and denny home

Last edited by PinG_PonG_PianG; 26-05-2011 at 11:25 PM..
Old 26-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #4125

Kiseki only worth going during their lunch as dinner doesn't add much varieties and price is high.

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.