HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #4126
High Supremacy Member

he emphasis many times for that price that standard... doesnt sound positive.... eee
cos he wanna us to appreciate the quality of the buffet along with the cost mah, I feel la. but realli can feel his excitement leh
mayb ish becos got a few items tat he likes will make him very contented liao.
Old 27-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #4127
Arch-Supremacy Member

Err, tats why kiseki i only go for their lunch. Did you guys try their ice cream? Realli sucks hor? Think its the worse ice cream in buffets ... other than no ice cream
Old 27-05-2011, 12:42 AM   #4128
Arch-Supremacy Member

Err, tats why kiseki i only go for their lunch. Did you guys try their ice cream? Realli sucks hor? Think its the worse ice cream in buffets ... other than no ice cream
I slightly like their chocolate (got a bite of ice crush, like the mac's soft serve, where their's is tub form. The cookie and cream too soft, not lumpy enuff. Sesame - got powdery taste. Still ok IMO.

My own opinion is, as long they dun serve melted ice-cream. I will deem it ok.

I suspect they got the brand - creamo.
Disclaimer : I hold no responsibility for the above mentioned comments, all poster and readers of the above mentioned post will not claim any liabilty or responsibility of any sort from me. I will not be hold responsibilty for any of your whateverso action after reading my post, be it an act of god or common sense.

Last edited by BigMonkey; 27-05-2011 at 12:44 AM..
Old 27-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #4129
Arch-Supremacy Member

cos he wanna us to appreciate the quality of the buffet along with the cost mah, I feel la. but realli can feel his excitement leh
mayb ish becos got a few items tat he likes will make him very contented liao.
Yea, i emphasized on the value aspect of the windows on the park buffet so tat ppl who are looking for quality, rather than value, can give this buffet a miss.

However, for those who are looking for value for money, this is a pretty decent buffet. Buffet dinner, mostly avg items with decent swordsfish and a couple of nice items like durian pengat, sweet sour prawns, in a hotel in orchard road with ppl serving you. Spread, though small by buffet standards, still easily > 30 items. You still have your cold appertisers, salads, soups/breads, main courses, desserts, fruits, coffee/tea, the whole complete deal. Furthermore i paid only $25 nett. If i still complain somemore, i scared i gena struck by lightning ...
Old 27-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #4130
Arch-Supremacy Member

I slightly like their chocolate (got a bite of ice crush, like the mac's soft serve, where their's is tub form. The cookie and cream too soft, not lumpy enuff. Sesame - got powdery taste. Still ok IMO.

If tats the case, then they are serving better ice cream for their dinner. Their ice cream for lunch tasted like frozen diluted syrup water
Old 27-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #4131
Supremacy Member

hi guys, i rreally sibei sian peral river closed down .... any one noes if they relocate or wat? walau ... who went the new palce b4?
Old 27-05-2011, 02:14 AM   #4132
Master Member

Can the ice cream be worse than steamboat buffets in Marina Bay ones?
Old 27-05-2011, 02:17 AM   #4133
Master Member

Have you ate in Sakura before? Sakura's ice cream is using Cremo brand, as I saw them replenish the ice cream before.
Old 27-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #4134
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yea, i emphasized on the value aspect of the windows on the park buffet so tat ppl who are looking for quality, rather than value, can give this buffet a miss.

However, for those who are looking for value for money, this is a pretty decent buffet. Buffet dinner, mostly avg items with decent swordsfish and a couple of nice items like durian pengat, sweet sour prawns, in a hotel in orchard road with ppl serving you. Spread, though small by buffet standards, still easily > 30 items. You still have your cold appertisers, salads, soups/breads, main courses, desserts, fruits, coffee/tea, the whole complete deal. Furthermore i paid only $25 nett. If i still complain somemore, i scared i gena struck by lightning ...
Yea. I know what you mean. I am also excited about the value-for-money part about buffets too. If I pay a certain amount for a buffet, and if I get more than what I have expected, I am happy. With that said, it doesn't mean cheap buffets are good. Some buffets, whether cheap or premium, I came out of it feeling shortchanged, which means I won't be returning again. I don't mind paying this window-by-the-park buffet a visit since I have not tried it before.
Old 27-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #4135
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi guys, i rreally sibei sian peral river closed down .... any one noes if they relocate or wat? walau ... who went the new palce b4?
That's the best Chinese ala cart buffet imho. Pity it is no longer around. For the next best one, you can try Peony Jade, but it will be pricier.
Old 27-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #4136
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can the ice cream be worse than steamboat buffets in Marina Bay ones?
Potong quite ok la. The durian and red bean flavour not bad. For the price of $10, got meats, prawns, etc, plus free flow potong, I can't complain.
Old 27-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #4137
Arch-Supremacy Member

I agree that only the lunch is worth it. I don't see much increase in items to justify the price difference. My first visit was the 2nd day after their opening. It was very good and with no crowd. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. My 2nd visit 2 weeks later was bad. It was a Friday and it was like a mad house. Overcrowded, understaffed and compromised food quality. I never returned after that.
Old 27-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #4138
High Supremacy Member

However, for those who are looking for value for money, this is a pretty decent buffet.
Yea. I know what you mean. I am also excited about the value-for-money part about buffets too. If I pay a certain amount for a buffet, and if I get more than what I have expected, I am happy. With that said, it doesn't mean cheap buffets are good. Some buffets, whether cheap or premium, I came out of it feeling shortchanged, which means I won't be returning again.
haha, excitment is contagious
I agree with u guys too. For me, it is not realli the cost tat matters but I prefer the buffet to be of value for marnee. Can be exp & high quality or cheap & satisfied ~
Old 27-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #4139
High Supremacy Member

Err, tats why kiseki i only go for their lunch.
I agree that only the lunch is worth it.
nao tat u guys mentioned kiseki, another 1 more gd value for marnee lunch will be momiji. the theme, quality & spread is rather similar.

link points oriented piggy shu shu might be thrilled to learn tat passion card holder get to accum points plus less 15% off on lunch, kekeke ~
Old 27-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #4140
Master Member

Woots! First must thank carey for the Banana spin! its shiok!

but i still enjoyed myself though! so much chatting going on

and thanks donkey for driving me and denny home
Dont mention it PPP. The pleasure was mine.

Yeah, thanks to carey for the kopi and PPP for helping me finish 3/4 of it.

The best dish of the day for me was actually the salmon belly. The beef and pork was acceptable. I do like the chestnut and sweet potatoe too, a refreshing change from the usual buffet spread.

Honestly, I enjoyed the broad topic conversation better than the food. Though some questions are better left unanswered
I am so happy to eat with you guys cos food that i used not dare to eat, suddenly became good for me to eat
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.