HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #4651
Arch-Supremacy Member

Disclaimer : I hold no responsibility for the above mentioned comments, all poster and readers of the above mentioned post will not claim any liabilty or responsibility of any sort from me. I will not be hold responsibilty for any of your whateverso action after reading my post, be it an act of god or common sense.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #4652
Arch-Supremacy Member

have five pot of different soup.

Disclaimer : I hold no responsibility for the above mentioned comments, all poster and readers of the above mentioned post will not claim any liabilty or responsibility of any sort from me. I will not be hold responsibilty for any of your whateverso action after reading my post, be it an act of god or common sense.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #4653
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bro, hows the sashimi n durian puffs?
Old 02-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #4654
Arch-Supremacy Member

The pot on the extreme left is sharkfin soup, i used the ladle to dig, but cannot find sharkfin.

This beef stew is very nice, one of the must have dish. The beef will break once you lightly sink your teeth in it. Not tough, easy on the mouth. The fatty parts will slide down your throat.

This herbal lamb also very good, same texture as the one at hongkong de cafe, not much bones, a lot of meat and fats. The meat is more easy to bite than hongkong de cafe.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #4655
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bro, hows the sashimi n durian puffs?
Sashmi, took one piece of each, salmon, silverfish, maguro and one more (can't remember the name).

Salmon : - buffet standard, soft one no crunchy feel, macham put out in open for very long.

Silverfish - like yu sheng

maguro: - taste a bit weird.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #4656
High Supremacy Member

the buffet is for wkdays only... and 1st jul is friday... which is last day of the UOB promo.... well i can't reach at 6pm... likely to reach 6:30pm... well either those that reach first can start first?? or just change time to 6:30pm??

regards,
wacky
6 or 6.30 should not be a problem...most of the time, those who come early will just sit and chitchat first and even if order first, the food will take a while to come...

So if you come at 6.30, just nice, the food will arrive at the same time
Old 02-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #4657
Arch-Supremacy Member

hehe, my 2k post.

Sorry for the blur photo, old man liao. hand shaky.

There a aunty standing infront of the sotong when i wanted to take, macham like body guard. Didn't try it in the end.

got prawn.

Last edited by BigMonkey; 02-06-2011 at 05:47 PM..
Old 02-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #4658
High Supremacy Member

The pot on the extreme left is sharkfin soup, i used the ladle to dig, but cannot find sharkfin.

Maybe it's sharkfin FLAVOUR soup...hahah

This beef stew is very nice, one of the must have dish. The beef will break once you lightly sink your teeth in it. Not tough, easy on the mouth. The fatty parts will slide down your throat.

Nice, that's how I prefer beef stew too

This herbal lamb also very good, same texture as the one at hongkong de cafe, not much bones, a lot of meat and fats. The meat is more easy to bite than hongkong de cafe.
If the herbal taste is too strong, then not so nice...heheh

But lots of fats - that's the way it should be
Old 02-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #4659
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah, as good as the lamb at cafe de HK? Then for tat dish alone, i will go!!!

Hows the durian puffs? I remembered the sakura durian puffs also quite decent one.

Last edited by Toons; 02-06-2011 at 05:50 PM..
Old 02-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #4660
High Supremacy Member

hehe, my 2k post.

Sorry for the blur photo, old man liao. hand shaky.
thanks for posting the pixs from Sakura. hmmm ... so u muz be very satisfied ya

1 thing I'm kinda surprised, the cooked food spread is very diff from the 2 branches (downtown east & tampines) tat I hv went; yrs looked much nicer ~
Old 02-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #4661
Arch-Supremacy Member

New branch, so everything looks good while new. Better go before it starts to decay
Old 02-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #4662
High Supremacy Member

New branch, so everything looks good while new. Better go before it starts to decay
does the spread look similar to the branches tat u hv went b4?
Old 02-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #4663
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looks oily.

Grill section, lamb at the top, beef at bottom.

Shishamo (hope i got the name correct)

Old 02-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #4664
Arch-Supremacy Member

does the spread look similar to the branches tat u hv went b4?
I only went to the science centre b4, n tats late last yr. This one looks better.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #4665
High Supremacy Member

I only went to the science centre b4, n tats late last yr. This one looks better.
the concept is totally diff. with many woks & pots kinda "braised" stuffs
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.