HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #4666
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah, as good as the lamb at cafe de HK? Then for tat dish alone, i will go!!!

Hows the durian puffs? I remembered the sakura durian puffs also quite decent one.
The durain puff will give review later when i post the picture.

Can recall the jiak-ing feeling better when i see the picture.

But one thing to note, the soup base is starched, not soupy kind.

I took the meat only.
Disclaimer : I hold no responsibility for the above mentioned comments, all poster and readers of the above mentioned post will not claim any liabilty or responsibility of any sort from me. I will not be hold responsibilty for any of your whateverso action after reading my post, be it an act of god or common sense.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #4667
High Supremacy Member

New branch, so everything looks good while new. Better go before it starts to decay
lol ... tis kinda location only benefits u & swordsman nia
Old 02-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #4668
Arch-Supremacy Member

Took a wrong food by mistake.

fried maki at the top left (forgot got rice inside, ate half only).

Oyster spagetti at the bottom left, (nice display of the food, for "see-ing only")

Top right, beside the tatar sauce (Diago dim sum, have pork and prawn inside).

Mussle with herbs (bruff yang chewren one, no herb taste but a lot of bread crumbs, want to make yang chewren easy full only. I brush all the bread crumbs aside and ate the mussle only, the mussle is soft and not like rubber band) Didn't take more as i lazy to brush away the bread crumbs.

Close up

I think the sauce on the top is the same sauce use to make the bread talk's chicken floss bun.

Old man hand shaky again.

Disclaimer : I hold no responsibility for the above mentioned comments, all poster and readers of the above mentioned post will not claim any liabilty or responsibility of any sort from me. I will not be hold responsibilty for any of your whateverso action after reading my post, be it an act of god or common sense.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #4669
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ah.....for this one, kiseki win sakura.

Kiseki more smoother, sakura a bit thick and no egg taste.

Grilled beef with the standard black pepper sauce. (not nice, too hard. a bit like rubber band. Subsequently i went to told the chef i want medium. When i ate the 2nd piece, the doness is almost similar to the first piece. )

Lamb choppy ( First piece i like, easy to bite, one bite and the meat seperate it self from my teeth. i took 4 serving. They manage to maintain the quality for the first 3 pieces, the 4th piece is like rubber band).

I think they use chicken breast meat.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #4670
Arch-Supremacy Member

Close up of the beef after i knifed it.

Close up of lamb chop, pardon for the dark lighting. Outside sky dark dark, going to rain.

The chicken chop dun want me to take photo of it, i keep on getting blur image, pek chek.

Grilled saba fish, the sprinkle salt after they grilled the fish.

Close up of saba fish.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #4671

well depending on wat u order oso....

it's not expensive... wat u ordered?? or izzit buffet?? i remember last time i ate (that's donkey years ago) at yum cha... i know we didn't order alot (no it wasn't buffet)... less than ten items... and already cost over $20++ per pax liao (it was too long ago i can't remember exact price)... which is like we could have eaten dim sum buffet liao...

regards,
wacky
It's buffet style but only on weekdays from 3pm to 6pm.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 02-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #4672
Arch-Supremacy Member

Beef stew on the top left

herbal mutton on the top right.

Kung pow chicken in the bottom right.

otah otah - 3 for $1

I prefer sheng siong otah

Stew Beef, yum yum.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #4673

Wah, as good as the lamb at cafe de HK? Then for tat dish alone, i will go!!!

Hows the durian puffs? I remembered the sakura durian puffs also quite decent one.
The dish they rotate one hor, not everyday have one.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #4674
Arch-Supremacy Member

grilled shishamo,

They like to sprinkle salt on their grilled fish.

See the eggs?

So many jellies.

many many.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #4675

Grilled beef with the standard black pepper sauce. (not nice, too hard. a bit like rubber band. Subsequently i went to told the chef i want medium. When i ate the 2nd piece, the doness is almost similar to the first piece. )

Lamb choppy ( First piece i like, easy to bite, one bite and the meat seperate it self from my teeth. i took 4 serving. They manage to maintain the quality for the first 3 pieces, the 4th piece is like rubber band).

They won't remember what doneness you want since so many people ordered. All fried at the same time.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #4676
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ignore the word durian, bruff yang chewren again.

The freezer lighting spoilt.

Old man hand shaky.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #4677
Arch-Supremacy Member

They won't remember what doneness you want since so many people ordered. All fried at the same time.
They took my clip and thats when i told them lo, not much people there, less than 10, maybe to them its diffcult to keep track of what customer want.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #4678
Arch-Supremacy Member

Skin bery thick, one to make yang chewren full only.

Durian puff, thick creamy. sweet durian taste, they did not save on the filling, put whole puff into your mouth, use your tongue to push the puff against the upper wall of your mouth, The filling will flow out and fill the cavity in your mouth.

I can't help thinking those unsold durain that failed QC test is sold to them to make durian puff, than they add sugar to make it sweet and not the durian is naturally sweet. Sorry if i burst anybody bubble.

Another kind of mochi.

More jellies.

More More.

Last edited by BigMonkey; 02-06-2011 at 07:32 PM..
Old 02-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #4679
Arch-Supremacy Member

Fruity section.

Uncle old man hand seng yet. PLease tilt your head,

The sign say sambal sotong. when come liao, the sambal kiu zhui become thai chilli sauce.

Confirm Kiseki and sakura serve Cremo ice cream brand. the cookie and cream is the same texture and taste. $21+ serve cremo ice cream i got nothing to say.

Kiseki $35 serve cremo,

$21+ serve 7 flavours of ice cream..... and chocolate cone, lime sorbert, coffee, cookie cream, chocolate, vaillna, blueberry ripple, raspberry ripple, another sorbert (can't remember the name, old man liao. memory failing).

Kiseki serve how many??? not even worth remembering.

Last edited by BigMonkey; 02-06-2011 at 07:19 PM..
Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #4680
High Supremacy Member

downtown east the durian pengat is in 1 big bowl while the puff is put beside it. shiok rite?

y u kept saying old man shaky hands? arent u very yang de?

but the durian pengat is not bad liao, at least it is not zhui zhui eh
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.