HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #4831
Master Member

Si Chuan Dou Hua 四川豆花饭荘 (Closed)

Date: 6th Jun 2011 (Monday)
Location: Sichuan Douhua, UOB Plaza (beside Raffles Place MRT)
Time: 6.30pm to 10pm
Price: $38++, with 4 pay 3 promo, $38 nett estimated due to misc charges like pickles, peanuts etc

1) Toons
2) Carey
3) twtan
4) Kahlan
5) Dennyz
6) TiapTiap
7) Bigmonkey
8) BigMonkey guest no.2
9) Bigmonkey Guest
10) WritetoDonkey

toons: cannot make the table to be 12? then hav 3 set of 4.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #4832
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah...like that I don't mind apply 1/2 day leave to try the high-tea...heheh

Anyone else keen as well?
Why dun try weekend high tea instead? $3++ more, but with 35 items instead of 30. Also weekends easier to get ppl.

Si Chuan Dou Hua 四川豆花饭荘 (Closed)

toons: cannot make the table to be 12? then hav 3 set of 4.
Smsed Bluebell liao, but no reply ...
Old 04-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #4833
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hmmm, just went through the menu, and found it quite impressive wor.

They actually serving Salted Egg Yoke Crab, Nonya Curry Crab, Wok-Fried Chili Sri Lankan Crab, Black Pepper Sri Lankan Crab etc. Sri lankan crabs for a sub $40 buffet???

They even have a BBQ Station wth Grilled Mud Crab n Fresh Oysters. They can't be grilling the oysters right?

Menu looks good, but dunno abt the taste though

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ultimate Crab and Durian Buffet

Date: Thu 9 Jun 2011
Time: 6pm - 11pm
Venue: The Promontory, Sentosa Boardwalk
Prices: $38++ (with 4 pay 3 promo, so $33.60 nett after promo)
Menu : Click Here

Lovers of sea pinchers and thorny fruit unite, at the Sentosa Boardwalk! The inaugural Ultimate Crab and Durian Buffet will bring two Singaporean favourites together, in a feast that’s not to be missed. With stunning views of the sunset and the harbour as your backdrop, you will indulge in a scrumptious array of crab dishes and sweet, creamy durians that are delivered fresh from Malaysia daily and opened a la minute! It is all-you-can-eat, so come hungry!

Crab Dishes highlights:
Salted Egg Yolk Crab, Nonya Curry Crab, Wok-Fried Chili Sri Lanka Crab, Coral Crab Bisque with Sour Cream, Crabmeat and Seafood Fried Rice and more.
Durian Desserts highlights:
Durian Pengat, Durian Cheesecake, Durian Mousse and more.
Other highlights:
Fresh Oysters, Sashimi and Sushi, Poached Tiger Prawns, Slipper Lobsters, Shrimp Paste Chicken, Roast Beef Rump, Whole Bake Salmon and more.

1) Toons
2) PPP
3) Kazana_chris
4) Carey

5) Gnet (TBC)
6) Gnet Chewtoy (TBC)
7) Samba Fan
8)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Toons; 04-06-2011 at 07:26 PM..
Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #4834
High Supremacy Member

Why dun try weekend high tea instead? $3++ more, but with 35 items instead of 30. Also weekends easier to get ppl.

Smsed Bluebell liao, but no reply ...
I didn't know they got weekend high tea buffet mah haha

Thought it was only available for weekdays

In that case also can - probably be in July Liao as our weekends almost all filled
Old 04-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #4835
Great Supremacy Member

Wah...like that I don't mind apply 1/2 day leave to try the high-tea...heheh

Anyone else keen as well?
I saw it yesterday at Jurong Point. Got weekends promotion.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #4836
Arch-Supremacy Member

The Cathay Restaurant (Open)
Chinese Ala Carte Dinner Buffet

Date: 30th June 2011 (Thursday)
Time: 6.30pm
Price: $42+++ per pax (before promotion, min 4 to go)
Menu: Click here
Promotions:
- 4 pay 3 UOB promo
- $75 for 2 pax (min 4 to dine)

Participants
1) Toons
2) twtan14
3) Carey
4) PPP
5) Wacky
6) Swordsman
7) Dennyz (TBC)
8) Samba Fan
Old 04-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #4837
Arch-Supremacy Member

I didn't know they got weekend high tea buffet mah haha

Thought it was only available for weekdays

In that case also can - probably be in July Liao as our weekends almost all filled
I saw it yesterday at Jurong Point. Got weekends promotion.
Today's dim sum buffet quite disappointing. Think the 'cannot order' practice spoilt my mood to enjoy the food. Then again, the food also mostly so so only. I like their wide range of desserts though.

Think i will stay away from those dim sum buffets for the time being. Dun seem to enjoy them tat much.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #4838
Great Supremacy Member

Today's dim sum buffet quite disappointing. Think the 'cannot order' practice spoilt my mood to enjoy the food. Then again, the food also mostly so so only. I like their wide range of desserts though.

Think i will stay away from those dim sum buffets for the time being. Dun seem to enjoy them tat much.
Yeah, first time I see cannot order one, they bring, we chose what to take and the Dim Sum so so nia. I like their mango sago dessert. Mango pudding also not bad.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #4839
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah, first time I see cannot order one, they bring, we chose what to take and the Dim Sum so so nia. I like their mango sago dessert. Mango pudding also not bad.
Yea lor. I seriously doubt they brought everything on the menu. In fact, some of the items if we did not see on the menu and looked out for it, we will never know abt them too.

Btw, your colleagues really dun eat much wor. So fast berhenti already. Like tat how to try the whole menu? Power and evilduxy also did not eat much
Old 04-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #4840
Greater Supremacy Member

compared to lao beijing at ah tiong plaza which is worse ?

cannot order.. then the buffet menus is useless, should have tear it infront of them or walk out from there.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #4841
High Supremacy Member

YA...I guess when it's ala carte their stAndards seems to be a bit higher...nw having dinner at Oscar..wah 2 buffet in a day...siong...

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]Quote of the year :[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]"Godamnit don't waste my bloody time if you are not interested."[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
Old 04-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #4842
Greater Supremacy Member

YA...I guess when it's ala carte their stAndards seems to be a bit higher...nw having dinner at Oscar..wah 2 buffet in a day...siong...
enjoy yr oscar dinner.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #4843
High Supremacy Member

Wah - respect...hahah

After one buffet, I can probably skip the next 3 meals

PS - I was last at Oscars for their Christmas buffet - their standard has dropped a lot from what I remembered...

Probably not a place I want to go back anytime soon...
Old 04-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #4844
Master Member

My review for sawton dim sum buffet:

If u have not visited this place, dont bother.

Food quality probably 1/5, that is 0.5 more than seoul garden. Wait, is seoul garden edible?

Service wise maybe 2/5. Not able to order what u want is not called buffet, maybe they would like to consider calling it Dim Sum clearance?

For quantity, I think the bandwidth I saved from typing is more.

Probably 1 of those few worst buffet I have ever been. For the price of $20+? Well, I still think my 20+ deserve a bigger and better bang.

As of now, I will only stick to buffet >$30, strictly no dim sum. I prefer paying more for better buffets.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #4845
High Supremacy Member

My review for sawton dim sum buffet:

If u have not visited this place, dont bother.

Food quality probably 1/5, that is 0.5 more than seoul garden. Wait, is seoul garden edible?

Service wise maybe 2/5. Not able to order what u want is not called buffet, maybe they would like to consider calling it Dim Sum clearance?

For quantity, I think the bandwidth I saved from typing is more.

Probably 1 of those few worst buffet I have ever been. For the price of $20+? Well, I still think my 20+ deserve a bigger and better bang.

As of now, I will only stick to buffet >$30, strictly no dim sum. I prefer paying more for better buffets.
Wah...quite obviously a rip-off

Almost like the Cafe Swiss promotion - S$23 for a very limited spread

My favourite dishes there were the beef stew and coffee...says a lot doesn't it? sigh

Anyway, the Zhou Kitchen's high tea buffet looks interesting - not all dim sum so it probably won't be as bad even though it's cheaper to boot
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.