HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 01:38 AM   #6586
High Supremacy Member

This one only Dennyz ate it. Yep, they are sago. The original colour is darker red, maybe because I used flash.
interesting.... flash make so much diff??? for a moment i tot it looks like watermelon sago or something... the menu didn't mention got sago for the red bean paste... but with sago sounds more interesting... maybe can try tmr...

regards,
wacky
Old 01-07-2011, 01:41 AM   #6587
Great Supremacy Member

errr... wat happened to the 2 pax for $75 thing?? or izzit cannot use 4 pay 3 for 1st 4 pax and den $75 for 2 for the remaining 2 pax??

regards,
wacky
I only got this bill that carey passed to me for photo taking. Need to ask carey.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:42 AM   #6588
High Supremacy Member

I only got this bill that carey passed to me for photo taking. Need to ask carey if they are two bills?
but that bill itself states $210... that's $42 x 5 pax... meaning only 1 pax free.... w/o the 2 for $75 liao....

so wat would there be in the 2nd bill...?? errata...??

regards,
wacky
Old 01-07-2011, 01:45 AM   #6589
Great Supremacy Member

but that bill itself states $210... that's $42 x 5 pax... meaning only 1 pax free.... w/o the 2 for $75 liao....

regards,
wacky
Think they didn't apply the 2 for $75 as it need 4 persons.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #6590
High Supremacy Member

Stir-fried Fillet of Snapper with Wine Sauce - The fillets are firm and fresh. Not sure if the pinkish colour came from the wine used or not.
my guess is those red wine they use in 红槽面线... is the same wine stuff... hence the pinkish...

regards,
wacky
Old 01-07-2011, 01:47 AM   #6591
High Supremacy Member

Think they didn't apply the 2 for $75 as it need 4 persons.
ok... i guess is probably so....

regards,
wacky
Old 01-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #6592
High Supremacy Member

this was mine n carey soup....i like it.... can be abit fishy but the soup is full of flavour for me

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]Quote of the year :[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]"Godamnit don't waste my bloody time if you are not interested."[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
Old 01-07-2011, 02:35 AM   #6593
Honorary Member

thats my hand.

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 01-07-2011, 06:05 AM   #6594
High Supremacy Member

regards,
wacky
They don't allow us to split bill...they need 4 pax each if we do

So it's either one or the other promotion...

The 2-for-S$75 works out to S$10+ more in total...so they gave us the 4-for-3 promo...

It would be cheaper is we have gotten 8 diners, then we can enjoy 2 off...
Old 01-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #6595
Arch-Supremacy Member

Stewed Streaky Pork with Mui Choy - We waited for this dish till neck long long and it finally came after a couple of hours later.

For Toons.

Lotus Paste Pancakes - Compared to SCDH, we like this better in that it uses lotus paste instead of red bean paste. The skin was also so much thinner and flaky.

Spaghetti Squash with Red Dates and Longans - First time ate this type of dessert, tasted red dates and longans tea.

Overall for the dishes, we found the quality of the foods to be higher as almost all of us like this better than Si Chuan Dou Hwa.
Thnks for the streaky pork

Wah, the pancake is already very nice over at SCDH. This one even better

I remembered the spaghetti squash was very refreshing. You liked it?

Too bad their fish not unlimited.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #6596
Great Supremacy Member

Yes, spaghetti squash dessert I 1st time eating, delicious.

Yeah, the pancake is good. SCDH the skin very much thicker.

Last edited by twtan14; 01-07-2011 at 09:12 AM..
Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #6597
Great Supremacy Member

Hi, just wondering if the Elements dinner @ Amara is limited to how many pax?

4 only? or more?
This one you can check with Toons, not sure if he cancelled it or not.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #6598
High Supremacy Member

Price alert...

Cold Storage is having a pork knuckle promotion - S$13.99 each for today versus its usual S$17.90

I am going to whack 2 later after work - they keep very well in the fridge and after 30 min "toast" in my turbo broiler = pure meat lover's heaven
Old 01-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #6599
High Supremacy Member

The best dish for me was the pork chop...

If PPP was there, we would be whacking that non-stop...hahah

Overall, it was pretty good - the dishes are less heavy than SCDH and can easily eat more...

We didn't try any of the carb dishes at all - they must have like almost 10 rice and noodle varieties...felt that was a bit of a waste of money (they should give us a discount hor )

Oh, a small correction - it was me and Samba who polished off the herbal prawns - damn fresh and sweet...

Some of the dishes we never got to try include the stir-fried beef, doufu and pure veggie dishes...hahah
Old 01-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #6600
Great Supremacy Member

The best dish for me was the pork chop...

If PPP was there, we would be whacking that non-stop...hahah

Overall, it was pretty good - the dishes are less heavy than SCDH and can easily eat more...

We didn't try any of the carb dishes at all - they must have like almost 10 rice and noodle varieties...felt that was a bit of a waste of money (they should give us a discount hor )

Oh, a small correction - it was me and Samba who polished off the herbal prawns - damn fresh and sweet...

Some of the dishes we never got to try include the stir-fried beef, doufu and pure veggie dishes...hahah
Me, I like the pork chop, egg plant with pork floss, chicken feet and moi shark fin with chicken soup.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.