HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #661
High Supremacy Member

who will drink pure cranberry or soursop juice? it will be either too thick / too sweet / too sour or to consume
Soursop still ok what. Can be eaten on it's own.
Old 21-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #662
Great Supremacy Member

Soursop still ok what. Can be eaten on it's own.
Soursop definitely got to add water else it will cost you $10 and up for just a glass of it.
Old 21-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #663
High Supremacy Member

The lobster thermidor was only okay for me. Supposed to have alcohol added to enhance the fragrance, but dun have. At least its hot which was a plus compared to the usual lobster on ice.

The prawns were gd. Could have been better as they were slightly overcooked.

The beef for me was the star. Lamb this time round was also only so so. Inconsistent cooking and not as tender as previous.

I suppose overall, you feel tat the quaility from the previous round is better?
Old 21-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #664
Arch-Supremacy Member

I suppose overall, you feel tat the quaility from the previous round is better?
Definitely. Though i must add tat towards the end when PPP ordered individual/small portions, the quality seems to be better. I think when we ordered large portions for more ppl earlier, quality was affected (due to mass production?). There might also be some mixed ups as some ordered med, some rare, n some med rare etc.
Old 21-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #665
High Supremacy Member

Definitely. Though i must add tat towards the end when PPP ordered individual/small portions, the quality seems to be better. I think when we ordered large portions for more ppl earlier, quality was affected (due to mass production?). There might also be some mixed ups as some ordered med, some rare, n some med rare etc.
hmmm ... yeah normally quality is more or less compromised when there is mass order. Hawkers/zi chars stalls always hv tis problem de.
heng ah ... the drop in quaility is not becos of the fact tat it has been recced by u, so I'm relieved!

Btw, remember the Cheng Ji song fish at Chinatown food centre? Dad did commented tat the sauce deteriorated in the last few rounds tat he went during dinner. He said tat they any how cook due to the sudden surge in customers and the waiting time was longer than last time. Tat happened after it was featured on TV. Hence, I supposed u may wanna consider trying at non peak hrs?
Old 21-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #666
Greater Supremacy Member

It's only warm, it will not be hot as we are not seated next to the kitchen, secondly, it's an aircon environment and lastly, even if it's hot from the oven, still need the waiters to serve us immediately but it's not possible as there are other diners too.
warm for buffet is ok, warm for zi char stall is not ok..

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Old 21-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #667
Arch-Supremacy Member

hmmm ... yeah normally quality is more or less compromised when there is mass order. ... Hence, I supposed u may wanna consider trying at non peak hrs?
Actually i am tempted to go sun brunch at claymore on sun 3 apr instead. If not then have to wait til 24 apr liao. Claymore voucher got expiry ... hawker centre can go anytime.
Old 21-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #668
High Supremacy Member

Actually i am tempted to go sun brunch at claymore on sun 3 apr instead. If not then have to wait til 24 apr liao. Claymore voucher got expiry ... hawker centre can go anytime.
I am available to go on both dates.
Old 21-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #669

the last 2 rounds of oysters are nicer.... it's a different type, the shells more round and the taste and texture is

now i feel i haven't ate enough oysters....
Old 21-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #670
Great Supremacy Member

Actually, they grilled the whole rack of lamb then sliced it so both sides are not seared.
Old 21-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #671
Great Supremacy Member

So you changing the desserts and chicken recce for that day to Claymore? If confirmed then I most likely not joining you for the Claymore.
Old 21-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #672
High Supremacy Member

the last 2 rounds of oysters are nicer.... it's a different type, the shells more round and the taste and texture is

now i feel i haven't ate enough oysters....
oh, but I counted chiu ate lotsa oysters liao leh!

u r juz like my fren. She can spend 3/4 of her buffet only jiaking oysters nia ...
Old 21-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #673

u r juz like my fren. She can spend 3/4 of her buffet only jiaking oysters nia ...
i seem to very much like your friends, but no. 3/4 of the time is too much already... i still wanna eat other stuffs, i kinda stopped coz i got bored of eating

and now i remembered i never go try the cheese spread
Old 21-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #674
High Supremacy Member

i seem to very much like your friends, but no. 3/4 of the time is too much already... i still wanna eat other stuffs, i kinda stopped coz i got bored of eating

and now i remembered i never go try the cheese spread
yes, in a way & u r like me in certain aspects too but I shant dwell too much on it

yup, kinda diminishing for me as she can wack 20+ oysters. But yr plates like 10+ oso not bad lor!

My highest records for oysters is 4 nia, I tink
Old 21-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #675

Marina Club Singapore is having a range of buffets now <click for SOURCE

International Buffet

Take a break from the grind of daily life and be treated to a delectable spread of International cuisine at LATITUDE Bistro. Satisfy your appetite with our wide buffet selection consisting appetisers, salads, soups, fresh seafood on ice, cheese platter, hearty main courses and desserts. Buffet menu varies daily so you get a new surprise each time you dine.

Date: 1 March – 30 April 2011, (Monday - Thursday)
Venue: LATITUDE Bistro
Price: Lunch $40+, Dinner $42+

Seafood Buffet

Can’t get enough of seafood? Head down to LATITUDE Bistro’s Seafood Buffet where only indulgence matters. From Alaskan King crabs and marine lobsters through to fresh oysters and Hokkaido Scallop Carpaccio, there’s everything a seafood fan would lusts for. Enjoy one of Singapore’s popular local delights hot off the pan and see the chef in action as he prepares Singapore oyster omelettes at the Action Station!

Date: 1 March – 31 March 2011
Time: 6.30pm – 10.30pm (Every Friday – Sunday)
Price: $60+ (Adult), $30+ (Child)

Salmon Buffet with Barbecue

Calling Salmon lovers! Chill out with friends over a scrumptious Salmon and barbeque feast at the edge of our relaxing marina.

Buffet highlights include marinated Salmon with lime juice and coriander, fresh Salmon sashimi with condiments, grilled Salmon in orange cream sauce, salt-baked Salmon with apple cream sauce, grilled escalope of Salmon with light ginger cream sauce, and grilled “blackened” Salmon with red skin potatoes.

From the grill, we present grilled sambal Salmon in banana leaves, grilled pork spare ribs with barbeque sauce, Monk fish marinated in garlic and dill, Teriyaki half-shell scallop, and grilled Tom Yum Salmon fillet.

More than just exquisite ingredients with great taste, main courses are changed every day to provide you with the luxury of variety. Make your reservation today as the Salmon Buffet with Barbeque is only available in April.

Date: April
Time: 6.30pm – 10.30pm (Every Friday - Sunday)
Price: $60+ (Adult), $30+ (Child)

Easter Day Brunch Buffet

Celebrate Easter Day with your loved ones by spending a leisurely afternoon at the LATITUDE Bistro where a sumptuous Easter Day Brunch buffet will be served. Tuck in to a hearty meal of oven-roasted leg of lamb, Alaskan King crab on ice, dim sum, hot cross bun, Easter bread and many more.

Date: 24 April 2011 (Sunday)
Time: 11.30am -2.30pm
$25+ per child (with free-flow of juices)
$50+ per adult (with free-flow of juices)
$70+ per adult (with 3 glasses of house wine)

* Child rate applies for children between 4 and 12 years old.

Secretaries Week Buffet

Reward your secretary for her hard work with the Secretaries Week Lunch buffet, which comes with a complimentary door gift and a glass of Pink Pacifier for your secretary. Relax and bond over lunch at LATITUDE Bistro’s terrace that overlooks the breathtaking marina.

* Dinner buffet with barbecue items will be served on 29 April (Fri) priced at $60+

Date: 25 April -29 April 2011
Time: Lunch & Dinner
Venue: LATITUDE Bistro
Price: $50+

Last edited by kunoichi; 21-03-2011 at 11:40 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.