HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #8071
Greater Supremacy Member

Nope, mon to fri excluding PH. Errr, leave ah ... depends on how long you wanna eat lor I can do fri 19, wed 24, fri 26, mon 29, wed 31. they extended it to 15 sept i think, so we can do sep lunch too. Need to check with donkey datewise too. If you taking leave, why dun you propose some dates n we see if we can?

Simi curry buffet? The only buffets with more curries are those indian buffets, so i assume you referring to Masala Art? For its price, its okay. They have curry mutton, tandoori chix n curry chix as well as some spicy fish.

I prefer the indian buffet at Spices of India @ Rendezvous Hotel. Its only for lunch though but at a very reasonable $14.90++. Spread is small, but tat time i went, they have fish, lamb n chix. Their naans also freshly made, fragrant n crispy. Yantra @ Tanglin Mall also has quite a good indian buffet. I slightly prefer Spices as they have more meat items, but the ambience at Yantra is much better, like indian fine dining.

We going to Indian Times on mon 15 Aug. Too bad no more extra voucher liao, else you can join us. Dunno if its nice though, but with me around, even if food not good, my company also more than enough

Btw, you got eat durians or not? If yes, wanna join me for dinner at Ellenborough on next wed 17 Aug? They serving fresh durians. The durians starting some not very ripe, but can just discard those. The later ones are all quite good, got bitter n sweet ones, yummy! I have 50% discount, so its only $27 nett. Let me know,
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=254441147918239

up for awareness, curry day, so intend to eat curry buffet as a show of support.

i ate durians but not as many as u guys.. go Ellenborough to jiak durians only ?

next monday for sakura buffet u guys ok with it ?

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #8072
Arch-Supremacy Member

i ate durians but not as many as u guys.. go Ellenborough to jiak durians only ?

next monday for sakura buffet u guys ok with it ?
No lar, fresh durians are only part of the spread there. They having heritage promo now, so the food tends towards local items. They still have the usual intl buffet seafood stuff like oysters, crabs, mussels, prawns as well as the sashimi. Their salmon sashimi is good. Kway chap stn, chicken murtabak (looks good though i did not try). Mutton rendang, sambal egg, fried fish, stuffed squid, otak, char siew (not bad too), lok lok counter. You can also select the vegs, n the chef will fry on the spot for you. There is also a chef frying black pepper clayfish (i like the sauce, clayfish i find okay), chilli crab (sauce not bad, but too sweet, crab lousy though). Various BBQ items etc. Food generally quite tasty.

Next mon cannot, cos dinner we have Indian Times liao. You never see my dates ah
Old 11-08-2011, 11:56 PM   #8073
Greater Supremacy Member

No lar, fresh durians are only part of the spread there. They having heritage promo now, so the food tends towards local items. They still have the usual intl buffet seafood stuff like oysters, crabs, mussels, prawns as well as the sashimi. Their salmon sashimi is good. Kway chap stn, chicken murtabak (looks good though i did not try). Mutton rendang, sambal egg, fried fish, stuffed squid, otak, char siew (not bad too), lok lok counter. You can also select the vegs, n the chef will fry on the spot for you. There is also a chef frying black pepper clayfish (i like the sauce, clayfish i find okay), chilli crab (sauce not bad, but too sweet, crab lousy though). Various BBQ items etc. Food generally quite tasty.

Next mon cannot, cos dinner we have Indian Times liao. You never see my dates ah
19th then.. since its the earliest date u can make it. hmm local food theme ar... let me think about it..

Old 11-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #8074
Greater Supremacy Member

sweet.. but my parents prefer bitter ones.

on a sidenote, the tandoori chicken is indeed salty (something i saw at hungrygowhere)
i like sweet durians.

tandoori chicken are meant to be abit salty right ?

Old 12-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #8075
Master Member

Nope, mon to fri excluding PH. Errr, leave ah ... depends on how long you wanna eat lor I can do fri 19, wed 24, fri 26, mon 29, wed 31. they extended it to 15 sept i think, so we can do sep lunch too. Need to check with donkey datewise too. If you taking leave, why dun you propose some dates n we see if we can?
For lunch, any dates is ok for me.
Easier for Swordsman to tell us the date.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #8076
High Supremacy Member

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=254441147918239

up for awareness, curry day, so intend to eat curry buffet as a show of support.
bro, wat's the commotion abt curry dae? hao cum sardenly everyone sho crazy abt curry?
Old 12-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #8077
Greater Supremacy Member

For lunch, any dates is ok for me.
Easier for Swordsman to tell us the date.
fri 19 then the earliest date toons can make it.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #8078
High Supremacy Member

bro, wat's the commotion abt curry dae? hao cum sardenly everyone sho crazy abt curry?
Wah, so many threads talking about curry in EDMW woah...you never go and read ah?
Old 12-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #8079
Greater Supremacy Member

check yr pm. do you know how to cook curry ?maybe can have a gathering and jiak curry chicken buffet at 1 person house.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #8080
High Supremacy Member

Wah, so many threads talking about curry in EDMW woah...you never go and read ah?
oh, I dunno leh I seldom go edmw huan

check yr pm. do you know how to cook curry ?maybe can have a gathering and jiak curry chicken buffet at 1 person house.
u got saw my post in hs4u's thread onot? the curry I cook u dun dare to jiak one la

u mean potluck on curry dishes nia ar? hmmm ... sounds interesting but ... my forte not in cooking curry lah ~
Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #8081
High Supremacy Member

yalor why the craze over curry??

so wat's in EDMW...?? can summarize...?? i don't read most of the things there....

regards,
wacky
Old 12-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #8082
Greater Supremacy Member

yalor why the craze over curry??

so wat's in EDMW...?? can summarize...?? i don't read most of the things there....

regards,
wacky
One of the ‘interesting’ complaints was lodged by a PRC family against their Singaporean Indian neighbors for cooking curry too frequently.

Though the considerate Indian family, who were mindful of their neighbour’s aversion, had already taken to closing their doors and windows whenever they cooked the dish, but this was not enough.

“They said: ‘Can you please do something? Can you don’t cook curry? Can you don’t eat curry?’,” said Madam Marcellina Giam, a Community Mediation Centre mediator. But the Indian family stood firm.

In the end, Mdm Giam got the Indian family to agree to cook curry only when the Chinese family was not home. In return, they wanted their Chinese neighbours to at least give their dish a try.

so who can cook curry here ?

Old 12-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #8083
High Supremacy Member

I suppose beejay can
Old 12-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #8084
High Supremacy Member

One of the ‘interesting’ complaints was lodged by a PRC family against their Singaporean Indian neighbors for cooking curry too frequently.

Though the considerate Indian family, who were mindful of their neighbour’s aversion, had already taken to closing their doors and windows whenever they cooked the dish, but this was not enough.

“They said: ‘Can you please do something? Can you don’t cook curry? Can you don’t eat curry?’,” said Madam Marcellina Giam, a Community Mediation Centre mediator. But the Indian family stood firm.

In the end, Mdm Giam got the Indian family to agree to cook curry only when the Chinese family was not home. In return, they wanted their Chinese neighbours to at least give their dish a try.

oh my... ATB vs ABNN... well that's for bringing too many FTs in....

last time in my prev house... my neighbour also indian and cooks curry all the time... and never did we ever mind it... in fact it smells nice...! that's also the first reason (according to CNNGo) why expats love singapore...

as for ATB... they can't just seems to be able to mix with others...

regards,
wacky
Old 12-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #8085
Great Supremacy Member

Do stop posting this type of racial news in Makan forum.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.