HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #8296

Hi does anyone know the buffet spread difference between Marriot Cafe's Sunday brunch and weekend dinner buffet?
Thanks!
Old 18-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #8297
Arch-Supremacy Member

market de... then can tabao other food from the market
You ate whampoa keng b4? If yes, can give a comparison between them? Thanks.
Old 18-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #8298
Master Member

The Jurong Sakura still on right?Tomorrow confirm will go find u all unless touch wood anything happens. if any of you guys wants to go, tell me. i got 3 extra vouchers.
Old 18-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #8299
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi does anyone know the buffet spread difference between Marriot Cafe's Sunday brunch and weekend dinner buffet?
Thanks!
Spread wise, not sure, but for their sunday brunch, they have this ala carte menu as part of their brunch, and the yummy items are mostly on this menu, eg, foie gras, meyer beef, lamb rack, salmon etc. I went for their weekday dinner before, was slightly more than 1 yrs back though), and i dun find it worth the $. Nothing really exceptional taste wise too.

The Jurong Sakura still on right?Tomorrow confirm will go find u all unless touch wood anything happens. if any of you guys wants to go, tell me. i got 3 extra vouchers.
Onz. We'll be there 12 - 1215 onwards. Seeya.
Old 18-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #8300

Spread wise, not sure, but for their sunday brunch, they have this ala carte menu as part of their brunch, and the yummy items are mostly on this menu, eg, foie gras, meyer beef, lamb rack, salmon etc. I went for their weekday dinner before, was slightly more than 1 yrs back though), and i dun find it worth the $. Nothing really exceptional taste wise too.

Onz. We'll be there 12 - 1215 onwards. Seeya.
I see thanks! wah but really ex leh $113++, any cc promo for marriott?
Old 18-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #8301
Arch-Supremacy Member

I see thanks! wah but really ex leh $113++, any cc promo for marriott?
Its only $80++, but i tink tats without alcohol.

ANZ got 4 pay 3 i believe. They used to have a 20% discount for major cards, but not sure if its still on. For ongoing cc promos, best to give them a call.
Old 18-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #8302

Its only $80++, but i tink tats without alcohol.

ANZ got 4 pay 3 i believe. They used to have a 20% discount for major cards, but not sure if its still on. For ongoing cc promos, best to give them a call.
ok thank you. any 1for1 hotel buffet recently ? wanted to go this weekend dinner
Old 18-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #8303
High Supremacy Member

toons or wracky going later?
Old 18-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #8304
Arch-Supremacy Member

toons or wracky going later?
Nope, tonite i eating porridge at orchard hotel. Too much rich food recently, so must eat something light .... actually is need to clear voucher

Enjoy yourselves!
Old 18-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #8305
Arch-Supremacy Member

ok thank you. any 1for1 hotel buffet recently ? wanted to go this weekend dinner
1 for 1 on weekend nite? Hmmm, i can only think of melting pot, square@furama riverfront and tiffany cafe@furama city centre.

Square i find it not bad for its price. Melting pot no idea. Tiffany i heard decent for its price too.

You get wat you pay, so as long as you tailor your expectations in line with the price, then i think any of the above should be okay.
Old 18-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #8306
Great Supremacy Member

whampo keng steamboat ????????
Old 18-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #8307
Greater Supremacy Member

Nope, tonite i eating porridge at orchard hotel. Too much rich food recently, so must eat something light .... actually is need to clear voucher

Enjoy yourselves!
tomorrow lunch u got buffet.. abit too much buffet these few weeks ?
Old 18-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #8308

1 for 1 on weekend nite? Hmmm, i can only think of melting pot, square@furama riverfront and tiffany cafe@furama city centre.

Square i find it not bad for its price. Melting pot no idea. Tiffany i heard decent for its price too.

You get wat you pay, so as long as you tailor your expectations in line with the price, then i think any of the above should be okay.
thanks toons, i think i try tiffany cafe one bah
Old 18-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #8309
Master Member

It opened not too long ago. Bigmonkey tried and said the food not bad, esp the lamb stew. Hope they have it tomorrow. The spread looks better than the usual sakura branches too.
i beg to differ. i have tried the food at jurong safra sakura before. the replenishment and variety for "jap food" were not prompt and wide.
the chinese foods were slightly better.

no comments about the lamb stew as i don't eat that. but the beef stew tasted okay except tough.

any way you guys have bought the vouchers and tomorrow is friday, i believe the spread should be better than normal weekdays
Old 18-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #8310
Master Member

Yea!!! cos i also wanna go fatfish, but tonite cannot.

Go whampoa keng fish head steamboat lor. The soup is sedap!!!! Just remember not to eat up everything, else the soup refills later will not be as nice. If you go there, i think wacky also keen
i am interested in fatfish.
if allow, please let me know when and i see if i can join.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.