HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #8371
Master Member

Yeah, it is steamboat buffet.
They have a few outlets and one of them is in Downtown east.

http://fatfish.com.sg/index-9.html
i think they left DTE outlet.
from sembawang moved to DTE..
at first i thought i want to go sbw one .. haha
Old 19-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #8372
High Supremacy Member

Quick review of my so-so lunch at The Tent

The Tent at Clarke Quay
S$15nett for lunch - Mongolia buffet

The so-called six meats available is misleading - unless you count sotong ball, fake crabstick and sliced chicken sausages as meat...

All they had were frozen sliced beef, chicken and fish...

Their veggies were limited to a leafy green veg, sliced carrot, onions, button mushroom (canned), onions, tomatoes, green peppers, tofu and corn...

They do have a lot of sauces but nothing stood out - I went for the spicy (non-sweet) ones and they didn't even tickle my tastebuds (even after adding sichuan hot sauce, devil sauce and sliced red chilis)...

Also had 2 soups - chicken noodle and some tofu thingie but never try - plus a small serving of mixed salad

Cooking-wise, the beef was tough (the meat was too lean), but the fish was okay - quite fresh without any fishy smell...

But because of the limited spread, we didn't eat much - although I did get them fry me an omelette (3 eggs plus mushroom, tomato, green pepper and onions)...

The place was super hot - the aircon doesn't seem to be working and they had to use 2 standing fans to blow outside air in - and it was a very warm outside just now!

Won't be going back
Old 19-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #8373
Arch-Supremacy Member

bigmonkey, is the yum cha nice? i never been there. heard from my relatives say not bad. how's the service?
goooooooood...
Food is ok, passable. I like their prawn. it's a budget dim sum buffet.
The service is prompt, they will change plate
once they see Ur plate full. An aunty will go around asking if they miss out any order or if u need anymore food, which is what I like. Will wan to try dragon gate at habour front when I have the time. The only downside is the timing, only available mon to fri, 3pm to 5:30pm. For office worker will have to take leave to participate.

Last edited by BigMonkey; 19-08-2011 at 03:24 PM..
Old 19-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #8374
Master Member

neber try, cos I dun like to jiak raw

but no durian pengat

orea cheesecake still not bad.
so what is nice?
Old 19-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #8375
Master Member

once they see Ur plate full. An aunty will go around asking if they miss out any order or if u need anymore food, which is what I like. Will wan to try dragon gate at habour front when I have the time. The only downside is the timing, only available mon to fri, 3pm to 5:30pm. For office worker will have to take leave to participate.
ban heng ...
dim sum 3pm to 5.30pm ? changed? used to start in morning. but not sure.. never go ever since they change to ban heng
Old 19-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #8376
Arch-Supremacy Member

ban heng ...
dim sum 3pm to 5.30pm ? changed? used to start in morning. but not sure.. never go ever since they change to ban heng
what is ban heng?
Old 19-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #8377
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone interested in NO seafood laksa steamboat buffet?

http://www.groupon.sg/deals/deals-ne...31&a=715827986

The fine print:
Fine Print
Includes:
Steamboat ingredients
Soup base, choose 2 from 5 options: Signature Laksa Broth, Sze Chuan Spicy Ma-La, Chicken, Herbal or Seafood Soup

Valid 6 months. Limit 1 Groupon per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Reservation required. Limit 1 Groupon per pax. Drinks and seafood not included. Not valid with other promotions and discounts. Not valid from 6pm - 8pm on Saturdays, Sundays and PH. Groupon includes GST and service charge.

Call 6287 8010 for reservation.

Groupon printout MUST be presented.

See the rules that apply to all deals.
Old 19-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #8378
Greater Supremacy Member

juz back from sakura @ DTE.

long q @ entrance but dun find the spread lousy rah. Got the lamb & beef stew like zoolong branch, not bad wor

oso got see bigmonkey's favourite cremo ice cream but I neh jiak cos my std jin low, sho not jiakable!
Whats DTE. i just back from jurong branch's sakura too. the ice cream passable better than walls. yr standard jin low, so should be able to jiak the ice cream. the mua ji cannot make it.. pirated version, must eat taiwan zhen zhong... mango sago also cmi.. not sweet.

Last edited by Swordsman; 19-08-2011 at 04:08 PM..
Old 19-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #8379
High Supremacy Member

Whats DTE. i just back from jurong branch's sakura too. the ice cream passable better than walls. yr standard jin low, so should be able to jiak the ice cream. the mua ji cannot make it.. pirated version, must see taiwan zhen zhong... mango sago also cmi.. not sweet.
bro, u jin farnie, aldy said my std jin low riao u steel ask me gose & jiak tat cremo ice-cream
DTE refers to downtown east branch rah ~
Old 19-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #8380
Master Member

Yeah, it is steamboat buffet.
They have a few outlets and one of them is in Downtown east.

http://fatfish.com.sg/index-9.html
their website only say at DTE
Old 19-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #8381
High Supremacy Member

Quick review of my so-so lunch at The Tent

Won't be going back
so which is worse...?? tent or indian times??

regards,
wacky
Old 19-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #8382
High Supremacy Member

Anyone interested in NO seafood laksa steamboat buffet?

http://www.groupon.sg/deals/deals-ne...31&a=715827986
dunno wait they will say 1 table can onree untilise 1 coupon onot?

fyi, their hotline cannot get thr huan ~
Old 19-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #8383
Arch-Supremacy Member

Whats DTE. i just back from jurong branch's sakura too. the ice cream passable better than walls. yr standard jin low, so should be able to jiak the ice cream. the mua ji cannot make it.. pirated version, must see taiwan zhen zhong... mango sago also cmi.. not sweet.
Actually i am quite impressed with the sakura buffet. The grilled beef n lamb are nice, esp, the lamb which comes with a decent amt of fats.

The sashimi is decent. Beef stew n lamb masala both good. Durian crepe roll good too. The laksa broth is thick and flavourful. For $15 nett, the taste n quality is really great. Too bad its only for weekday lunch, else i will definitely go more often.
Old 19-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #8384
Great Supremacy Member

Been to the dim sum buffet a few times, service slow, food never turned up. Once the trolley came out of the kitchen the good stuffs finished liao so I go take myself.
Old 19-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #8385
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually i am quite impressed with the sakura buffet. The grilled beef n lamb are nice, esp, the lamb which comes with a decent amt of fats.

The sashimi is decent. Beef stew n lamb masala both good. Durian crepe roll good too. The laksa broth is thick and flavourful. For $15 nett, the taste n quality is really
great. Too bad its only for weekday lunch, else i will definitely go more often.

Why u so Heng one. Jin emo.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.