HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #991
Master Member

Standard dropped a lot liao since I last went there earlier this year...

Good thing I wasn't paying
agree, standard drop a lot when I was there last month. disappointed.
Old 24-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #992

24 April - Smith's Fish & Chips + ALAT Durian Session

okie i put in my calendar liao...

oh i forgot... 23rd Saturday NOT FREE!!!! 老人痴呆症
Sorry 23 I cannot make it.

Denny: I remembered pork knuckle sold out when we went. Previously went with amy but no lOnger frangant.

Then we fix it on 24th April.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 24-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #993

Yesterday my colleague brought me to this restaurant in West coast Plaza, we ordered the Family set for 4-6 persons though there are only 3 of us. For $68.90+ (no service charge), we had Curry fish head, Golden claypot chicken, oats meal squid, hot plate tofu and samba kangkong, come with 6 drinks and 6 bowls of rice.

Will try to get the pictures from my colleague.

Old 24-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #994
Great Supremacy Member

Yesterday my colleague brought me to this restaurant in West coast Plaza, we ordered the Family set for 4-6 persons though there are only 3 of us. For $68.90+ (no service charge), we had Curry fish head, Golden claypot chicken, oats meal squid, hot plate tofu and samba kangkong, come with 6 drinks and 6 bowls of rice.

quite reasonable 11+ per person if 6 person
Old 24-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #995
Master Member

Oh this must be the place that my colleagues recommended that I try.

kim su-han-mu ....
Old 24-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #996

quite reasonable 11+ per person if 6 person
Oh this must be the place that my colleagues recommended that I try.
We 3 ate 6 persons share is a bit too much cause too full, I think 4 people will be just nice. The food came fast and are very nice too.

Old 24-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #997
High Supremacy Member

Hey, did you guys finally go for the Fiesta buffet?

How's the review and pixs?
Old 24-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #998
High Supremacy Member

agree, standard drop a lot when I was there last month. disappointed.
I know - I also brought my CO there for their dinner buffet and was damn disappointed as well...so it's not once-off but a real drop in standard

An aside, Spices cafe (Pernankan buffet) at Concorde Hotel (The previous Le Meridien) is not too bad...I love their pork satay
Old 24-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #999

I didn't go cause my colleague finally confirmed yesterday to go eat fish head curry. I still waiting for Toons for the pictures.

Old 24-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #1000
Greater Supremacy Member

no picture was taken. at nett price $24.50, can't expect too much.

their meat section is quite limited..

chicken heart, chicken liver, chicken thigh, lamb, beef, they have roast pineapple and garlic bread.

Yesterday was my 2nd time. this time round no fish..

they have some cooked dishes, nothing fantastic. cheapo ice cream. The mushroom soup is inferior compared to campbell soup although toons find it better.

There is no ice water served. if u need to drink buy 1.5litre of mineral water and drink discretly.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Old 24-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #1001
Arch-Supremacy Member

I didn't go cause my colleague finally confirmed yesterday to go eat fish head curry. I still waiting for Toons for the pictures.
no picture was taken. at nett price $24.50, can't expect too much. their meat section is quite limited..

chicken heart, chicken liver, chicken thigh, lamb, beef, they have roast pineapple and garlic bread.

Yesterday was my 2nd time. this time round no fish.. they have some cooked dishes, nothing fantastic. cheapo ice cream. The mushroom soup is inferior compared to campbell soup although toons find it better.

There is no ice water served. if u need to drink buy 1.5litre of mineral water and drink discretly.
Ooops, want pics also cannot. Everything into tummy and out by now, heehee.

The spread shrank slightly. Pasta was now not ala minute, but at the buffet spread and only tomato based sauce. Still okay though.

The cooked dishes and salad also slightly smaller. Less 2-3 dishes if i am not mistaken, eg, no more heart of palms.

For the meats, the beef comes in 2 cuts, rump and top side. I liked both, though the top side can be a tad raw. Chix also come as thighs (very gd!), spicy and normal chix wings. Got black pepper beef too. No fish though, dunno if dun have that nite or permanently removed.

I found the meats better than the previous time i was there. Not as salty, though some of the pieces, esp those on the outside, can still be a tad salty.

Overall, decent meal, esp considering the price. Satisfied my meat cravings! Really dun mind going back again a few months later if got similar promo, though might prefer to try the 6th avenue one. Gone for cheapo one now, must go try the exp and more premium one
Old 24-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #1002
Greater Supremacy Member

the meat they cut with abit of fats, tender and "juicy" are the best.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Old 24-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #1003
High Supremacy Member

Ooops, want pics also cannot. Everything into tummy and out by now, heehee.

The spread shrank slightly. Pasta was now not ala minute, but at the buffet spread and only tomato based sauce. Still okay though.

The cooked dishes and salad also slightly smaller. Less 2-3 dishes if i am not mistaken, eg, no more heart of palms.

For the meats, the beef comes in 2 cuts, rump and top side. I liked both, though the top side can be a tad raw. Chix also come as thighs (very gd!), spicy and normal chix wings. Got black pepper beef too. No fish though, dunno if dun have that nite or permanently removed.

I found the meats better than the previous time i was there. Not as salty, though some of the pieces, esp those on the outside, can still be a tad salty.

Overall, decent meal, esp considering the price. Satisfied my meat cravings! Really dun mind going back again a few months later if got similar promo, though might prefer to try the 6th avenue one. Gone for cheapo one now, must go try the exp and more premium one
Thanks for the review Toons...hahah

Usually should have sausages etc

Guess for that price, we can't complain too much

Previously, Vibes also served Churrascaria with an international buffet but I think they closed down or something...

Oh, Traders' buffet also has churrascaria but very limited selection and the rest of the cooked food quite normal...

PS - I love fatty meat - the more the merrier
Old 24-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #1004

Then we fix it on 24th April.
i suddenly realised that i actually walked past Smith's before last year when i was referring to the map for it's location... okie, now i know where it is
Old 24-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #1005
Supremacy Member

is smith fish n chip located @ katong??
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.