HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #1006
Great Supremacy Member

i suddenly realised that i actually walked past Smith's before last year when i was referring to the map for it's location... okie, now i know where it is
OK, then that day I will just follow you, me don't know how to go there.

is smith fish n chip located @ katong??
Yes, that is the place and you can check out their website:

http://www.smithsfishandchips.com/
Old 24-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #1007
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the review Toons...hahah
Usually should have sausages etc
Guess for that price, we can't complain too much
PS - I love fatty meat - the more the merrier
Yw. Oh, they had sausages as well. Yea, for the price really can't complain lor. The other churrascaria are like $40++? I also luved fatty portions. Tats why for the rump, i always point to the fattiest portions. Their topside cuts also had this lovely outer layer of fats crowning the pink lean section. Looks really good and tasted good too, just that the pink lean section could be a tad raw at times.
Old 24-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #1008
Arch-Supremacy Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baits of Pleasure, 10@Claymore Sunday Buffet

Date: Sun 3rd Apr 2011
Time: 12pm to 3pm
Price: $48++, with $28 voucher, $40 nett

Cast your net over 10 at Claymore and catch treasures such as Gratinated Chilean Diver Scallops, Rozer Bamboo Clams, New Zealand Black Mussels, Poached Tiger Prawns and Crispy Soft Shell Crabs. Tastefully prepared in special recipes, each will be presented in petite portions as part of our celebrated Plates of Pleasure menu.

Crustaceans lovers wanting more must also try our Live US Oysters and Fresh Boston Lobsters which will feature alongside other hearty bistro favourites on the buffet spread.

1) Toons
2) Missumuch

3) Swordsman
4) Samba Fan

5) PinG_PonG_PianG
6)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday Brunch at Cafebiz, Trader's Hotel

Date: Sun 24th Apr 2011
Time: 12pm to 3pm
Price: $52++, with 1:1 promo, $30.60 nett

1) Toons
2)

3)
4)

Last edited by twtan14; 25-03-2011 at 10:47 AM..
Old 24-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #1009
Great Supremacy Member

Time: 12am to 3pm

Then our desserts and chicken rice recce, postponed?
Old 24-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #1010
High Supremacy Member

Yw. Oh, they had sausages as well. Yea, for the price really can't complain lor. The other churrascaria are like $40++? I also luved fatty portions. Tats why for the rump, i always point to the fattiest portions. Their topside cuts also had this lovely outer layer of fats crowning the pink lean section. Looks really good and tasted good too, just that the pink lean section could be a tad raw at times.
Darn, I should have been there

Nevermind, next time we plan for the one at 6th Avenue - I love their beef ribs...fall off the bones tender

OT a bit - how about redoing a brunch at 7170 (?) - the Filipino restaurant at Marina - I love their deep fried pork hocks...
Old 24-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #1011
Great Supremacy Member

OT a bit - how about redoing a brunch at 7170 (?) - the Filipino restaurant at Marina - I love their deep fried pork hocks...
Wow, the reviews at hungrygowhere seem good. Saw it on TV previously but didn't think it was good.

http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/7107_flavours/
Old 24-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #1012
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then our desserts and chicken rice recce, postponed?
Shift to sat 2 apr okay with you?

Nevermind, next time we plan for the one at 6th Avenue - I love their beef ribs...fall off the bones tender

Onz for both. I more keen for 7170 since i just went to fiesta, but no more suns left for Apr

8th May for 7170? 6th ave Churrasco can slot in May later.
Old 24-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #1013
Great Supremacy Member

Shift to sat 2 apr okay with you?
Should be fine since Seafood Paradise will most probably be canceled as not enough people going.
Old 24-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #1014
Arch-Supremacy Member

Should be fine since Seafood Paradise will most probably be canceled as not enough people going.
Great, i will ask Kahlan too since she mentioned that sats might be doable.

Wacky, you wanna join us? We will drop by tat famous dessert store in chinatown.
Old 24-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #1015
High Supremacy Member

Great, i will ask Kahlan too since she mentioned that sats might be doable.

Wacky, you wanna join us? We will drop by tat famous dessert store in chinatown.
so it's back to 2nd apr for chinatown outing?? fine for me... since that was the original plan initially?? who's going btw...??

regards,
wacky
Old 24-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #1016
Greater Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=Toons;54193535]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time: 12am to 3pm

Cast your net over 10 at Claymore and catch treasures such as Gratinated Chilean Diver Scallops, Rozer Bamboo Clams, New Zealand Black Mussels, Poached Tiger Prawns and Crispy Soft Shell Crabs. Tastefully prepared in special recipes, each will be presented in petite portions as part of our celebrated Plates of Pleasure menu.

Crustaceans lovers wanting more must also try our Live US Oysters and Fresh Boston Lobsters which will feature alongside other hearty bistro favourites on the buffet spread.

1) Toons
2) Missumuch

3)
4)

sorry saw wrongly. i thought this sunday. next sunday i should be able to go. 12am to 3pm ??? the buffet is so long ??

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Last edited by Swordsman; 24-03-2011 at 04:02 PM..
Old 24-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #1017
Supremacy Member

Wow, the reviews at hungrygowhere seem good. Saw it on TV previously but didn't think it was good.

http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/7107_flavours/
the pork hock is not buffet right。。。
i know of a good place tat sell good pork knackles。。
will bring few of u to try one of these days。。
skin is crispy meat is tender。。
Old 24-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #1018
Arch-Supremacy Member

sorry saw wrongly. i thought this sunday. next sunday i should be able to go. 12am to 3pm ??? the buffet is so long ??
Huh? Long meh? Buffet dinners can stretch from 6pm to 10/1030pm ler. Tats 4 hrs of feasting, heehee. 3 hrs for sun brunch okay lar. Just 30 mins longer than normal buffet lunch timings. Can slowly eat and relax. Its sun afterall

the pork hock is not buffet right。。。
i know of a good place tat sell good pork knackles。。
will bring few of u to try one of these days。。
skin is crispy meat is tender。。
7107 serves buffet on sun. The pork knuckles is part of their buffet spread if i am not mistaken. Think someone posted the pic b4.
Old 24-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #1019
Arch-Supremacy Member

so it's back to 2nd apr for chinatown outing?? fine for me... since that was the original plan initially?? who's going btw...??
Now only twtan, you and me. Anyone else keen?
Old 24-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #1020
Great Supremacy Member

Now only twtan, you and me. Anyone else keen?
You want me to put up as official outing? Do give me the agenda for that day.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.