HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #1156
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looks interesting but KepClub is not that accessible though...
Will travel for food!!!

If can get 4 for the promo, we can always meet at the nearest mrt and share a cab there. Loc not a prob.
Old 29-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #1157

Will travel for food!!!

If can get 4 for the promo, we can always meet at the nearest mrt and share a cab there. Loc not a prob.
When the promotion ending?

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 29-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #1158
Arch-Supremacy Member

Most of the dishes look so tempting. This are the types you have to eat with rice. How much is the damages?
The bill will go below $100 if stick to plain water. Rice was free flow. They kept coming with the basket of rice asking if we wanted refills.

Old 29-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #1159
Arch-Supremacy Member

When the promotion ending?
Heehee, promotion til end of the yr. I asked for their menu. Will post when i get it. Confirmed the keppel one has more dishes than the clark quay one, also more exp too
Old 29-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #1160
Arch-Supremacy Member

My lunch today

Complimentary glass of drink. Soda with ribena? Tasted nice, but prolly not a good idea to drink gassy drink in a buffet.

Went for the sashimi. Swordfish and salmon. Most buffets tend to serve only salmon sashimi. Swordfish sashimi not as common n they tend to be a tad fishy even if they do serve them, but the swordfish sashimi here was very fresh and oily. Delicious.

See all the fats on the fish? Went for a couple of rounds of the swordfish. This is definitely the buffet which I ate the most sashimi ever. Lucky no one called me fish breath

Clayfishes were fresh.

Last edited by Toons; 29-03-2011 at 09:53 PM..
Old 29-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #1161
Arch-Supremacy Member

The beef n chixs all quite okay.

Samba’s eye lighted up when he spied the big head prawns. He immediately grabbed a bunch of them back.

Old 29-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #1162
Arch-Supremacy Member

The prawn which I dissected. See the amt of roe. I dun normally go for the roe, but eat big head prawn must enjoy the best part … the roe. Shiok!

Samba’s prawn. He really whacked quite a no. of the prawns. Watch out for your cholesterol, bro, heehee. I went to donate blood after the meal, so got rid of some of the cholesterol ladden blood (yea, i know, i'm just consoling myself )

Very fleshy.

The big head prawns disappeared very fast (prolly cos Samba took a whole plate of them, heehee). So he asked the staff for more. These were the last 4 prawns they had. Ours!!!
Old 29-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #1163
Arch-Supremacy Member

Samba’s seafood plate. He said the mussels had a weird taste, but the one I took was okay.

Some baked fish. So so taste wise.

Yet anther plate of sashimi. I really liked their sashimi.

Fried flying fish crisp (nice crispy snack, additive!), n rendang.
Old 29-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #1164
Arch-Supremacy Member

A lot of places serve chilli crabs. Guess wat? They serve chilli lobsters here. Unfortunately, they looked nicer than they taste. Sauce wise was sweetish, n not spicy enough for me. Could be thicker too. The lobster claws were okay freshness wise.

Mee rebus at the ala minute station. I found it so so. Samba did not like it though.

Plate of mixed stuff – Gyoza, pandan chix (tender, but not tat fragrant or juicy enough), prawn ball, fried flying fish crisp, you tiao, lotus root n edamame salad, dried beef etc.
Old 29-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #1165
Arch-Supremacy Member

Apologises for the blurry photo. The gooey stuff was sea cucumber with egg. While I dunno whether the egg or chix come first, I do know for sure whether the sea cucumber or egg disappears first … k, very cold joke

Towards the end, I carved for yet more swordfish sashimi. Unfortunately, they stopped replenishing the sashimi tray, so I grabbed hold of the jap chef and he prepared a plate for me, served to my table

When he passed by and saw the empty plate, he walked over and asked if I wanted another plate. So I happily obliged. Hows tat for great service? All in all, think i whacked abt 3 such plates of swordfish sashimi.

Generally quite okay. Not too sweet, but none really stood out.

Fav dessert, durian pengat. Texture wise, a bit too smooth. Taste wise, can be more intense, but still good. They added eyes of corn in, providing contrast to the sweet durian paste, but I prefer less corn.

Nice food. Good company … thanks Samba for joining me for lunch … Another enjoyable buffet.
Old 29-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #1166
Greater Supremacy Member

what buffet is that ? u no work today ? that's why u ate buffet for lunch ?

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 29-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #1167
Master Member

I also same question as Swordsman. Toons, your work hours very flex hor. You elite can go buffet during weekday lunch. Where's this place and what's the damage?

kim su-han-mu ....
Old 29-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #1168
Greater Supremacy Member

I also same question as Swordsman. Toons, your work hours very flex hor. You elite can go buffet during weekday lunch. Where's this place and what's the damage?
he is CEO of SIM in disguise. that's the only reason he can go for lunch buffets.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 29-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #1169
Supremacy Member

first time buffet got big head prawn。。
prawning farm cost abt 30 dollar for 3hr。。
just ask ravern for his prawning experience。。

whack mostly seafood @ aquamarine。。
Old 29-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #1170
Great Supremacy Member

Samba’s prawn. He really whacked quite a no. of the prawns. Watch out for your cholesterol, bro, heehee. I went to donate blood after the meal, so got rid of some of the cholesterol ladden blood (yea, i know, i'm just consoling myself )
so evil sia use blood donate to make people share your high cholesterol sin unknowingly

must bun knife u to the blood donation organization to reject your blood at all cost
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.