HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #1411

thanks for the food reviews, everything looks delicious

too bad i can't join in coz had to attend my friend's farewell drinking party that night so was resting as much as i could after workiing in the morning... feel so damm old after seeing so many youngsters in the area

i wanna try that black sesame 棉棉冰, not too keen on the almond though...
Old 03-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #1412
Great Supremacy Member

On the way to Dim Joy, Toons ran off to buy his Cheese Rasin bun and while he was MIAed for awhile, we waited in front of this durian store, Wacky took some pictures which he had posted earlier on. Saw this Ang Mo couple eating durian there too,.

Sixth stop - Dim Joy

Address:
80 Neil Road, Singapore 088842

Telephone:
(65) 62206986

Reservations:
reservations@dimjoy.com

Finally we made a slow walk to Dim Joy and to our horror, it's was still closed, they opens at 6pm. Having nowhere to go, we took a short walk to Maxwell Road Hwaker Center and had another round of drinks till about 6pm before proceeding back to Dim Joy.

On reaching there, all the aircon seats where fully booked from 7pm onward but since we were there at 6pm, we asked if we can stay till before 7pm and they agreed.

Durian Snow Pearls - We had expected it to be something like Tang Yuan but it's not to be. The outer coating is some "flour" like thing with durian flesh inside. We found it quite nice to our liking.

Golden Sand Glutinous Rice Balls with Osmanthus Soup - Does this look like rambutan to you? We like this except the Osmanthus Soup, only Toons and Kahlan's friend like the soup.

Last edited by twtan14; 03-05-2011 at 07:03 PM..
Old 03-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #1413
Great Supremacy Member

Next up is the Steam Milk thing, tasted so much better than the one we had Mei Heong Yuen.

Last edited by twtan14; 03-05-2011 at 07:04 PM..
Old 03-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #1414
Great Supremacy Member

Next we hopped onto Taxis which brought us to this place.

Seventh stop - Le Chasseur for dinner and also our last stop for the day.

31, New Bridge Road (opp Central)
Singapore 059393
Tel: 63377677
HP: 91440322

Water Cress soup

Deep Fried Pork Knuckle - This huge piece cost $28 only and is tender on the inside, crispy on the outside.

Last edited by twtan14; 03-05-2011 at 07:06 PM..
Old 03-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #1415
Master Member

u got sit in the air con room to jiak ??
For Chew Kee, we sit in the next door shop which is supposed to be air-con. So raven, Not sure if i recall wrongly, you know the boss of one of the shop right? which one?

My most disappointed food was the mango pomelo, felt so cheated. It's not cheap and it's not nice. Rest of the food was good. Company was pleasant. Enjoyed myself. Although i ate too much and after seeing all the food, i feel so full now...

kim su-han-mu ....
Old 03-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #1416
Great Supremacy Member

Vinegar Pork Trotter - It's just not fatty enough, in fact I didn't even see any skin, unless dennyz took all but he said he took only one piece. Too dried for my liking especially the hard boiled egg is so rubbery.

Claypot rice - Was told they used Basmati rice for this and you can see the individual rice grain for this dish.

Pork Knuckle or whatever left of it after we had gone through it.

BBQ Cuttlefish - This dish took a long time to be served due to it slow cooking time. A bit chewy but then it's quite good for a BBQ dish already.

Finally after almost 12 hours, we each went our separate way home but it was an eventful and worthwhile trip.

Last edited by twtan14; 03-05-2011 at 07:34 PM..
Old 03-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #1417
High Supremacy Member

jennette likes to eat pasta?
YES! any good recommendation for pasta?
我怀念的
okay
Old 03-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #1418
Great Supremacy Member

u got sit in the air con room to jiak ??
Aircon room no space so had to make do with the outside seats.

thanks for the food reviews, everything looks delicious

too bad i can't join in coz had to attend my friend's farewell drinking party that night so was resting as much as i could after workiing in the morning... feel so damm old after seeing so many youngsters in the area

i wanna try that black sesame 棉棉冰, not too keen on the almond though...
Actually hor, there are a few old people in the there too. As for the snow ice, I rather sit inside aircon room and slowly eat it. The hot weather was causing it to melt fast.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #1419
Honorary Member

u all next time go remember to try toh kee and the guo tie at the people's park hawker..

Theres one kopitiam oppo sub court, nearest to OG.. humble small stall beside kopi stall that sell damn good mee jiam kueh.. always sold out..

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 03-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #1420
Arch-Supremacy Member

[B]

Finally after almost 12 hours, we each went our separate way home but it was an eventfully and worthwhile trip.
Whoa, 12 hours of eating...how you guy do it.

Anyway, nice report and picture and it make me hungry.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #1421
Great Supremacy Member

u all next time go remember to try toh kee and the guo tie at the people's park hawker..

Theres one kopitiam oppo sub court, nearest to OG.. humble small stall beside kopi stall that sell damn good mee jiam kueh.. always sold out..
The Guo Tie store we always eat if we are there.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #1422
Great Supremacy Member

I left home at around 9.45am and meet at 10.45am then proceed to the various stores till almost 8-9pm. By the time I reach home is almost 10pm.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #1423
High Supremacy Member

not 12hrs of eating continuous la... siao ah.... it's alot of time walking... talking... waiting... moving from place to place... and waiting for time to pass.... and a minor part of that is eating... and in the end i think this is more enjoyable than sitting at one place and gouge on food non stop...

regards,
wacky
Old 03-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #1424

Actually hor, there are a few old people in the there too. As for the snow ice, I rather sit inside aircon room and slowly eat it. The hot weather was causing it to melt fast.
that's true... melting 棉棉冰 abit too sticky and heavy not as nice and light to eat
oh! did u happen to see if they have the hot black sesame paste?
Old 03-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #1425
Arch-Supremacy Member

not 12hrs of eating continuous la... siao ah.... it's alot of time walking... talking... waiting... moving from place to place... and waiting for time to pass.... and a minor part of that is eating... and in the end i think this is more enjoyable than sitting at one place and gouge on food non stop...

regards,
wacky
Oh...I am sure you guys having a great time...eating is one form of pleasure in life which sadly this day, most are rushing to finish their meal before going back to work.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.