Duck blood

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Every time watch those Taiwan food show they talk about duck's blood or pig's blood. Dark colour and coagulated into cubes like that. Singapore don't have right? Never see before.

Wouldn't be surprised if they don't allow it. Sometimes I think they are a little too paranoid. Not as though we will become flesh eating zombies after eating animal blood. :s8:

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
last time ytf or pig's organ soup got pig's blood one.

Reaction score
because people like to undercook them.. imo overcooking the blood not as nice as "blanched" texture like tofu... notch bad....

ktopoln

Reaction score
So far from what I known off, duck blood is easily available in Bangkok. It is available from those stall selling duck noodles, can find even in food court. Pig blood can be found there also.

Pig blood can get in KL. I just had it in Dec 12. Jalan Alor roadside stall, some pig organ soup stall all have. I have yet to find any chicken and/or duck blood in KL yet.

Really miss the duck blood......

Burn-rd

Reaction score
I have only heard of pig's blood.

Are there really duck's blood?

SecretAgent

Banned
Reaction score
if you are a fan of intestines.. there are even duck's intestines in Chengdu, CN...

rather clean and crunchy when you bite.. :s22:

LiquidShaDow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far from what I known off, duck blood is easily available in Bangkok. It is available from those stall selling duck noodles, can find even in food court. Pig blood can be found there also.

Pig blood can get in KL. I just had it in Dec 12. Jalan Alor roadside stall, some pig organ soup stall all have. I have yet to find any chicken and/or duck blood in KL yet.

Really miss the duck blood......

I had some of those duck blood in a bowl of noodles in Bangkok.

Reaction score
How does duck blood taste like.. Sounds gross

taste like pigs blood actually
rather similar...
imagine silken egg tofu with the taste of foie gras without the fatty taste(welly hard to describe, it is another kind of umami taste) , you can go try pig kidney(猪腰, available in supermarket, or you can go those chinese bbq and try), taste is smth like that but taste not as heavy as kidney, also pig kidney texture not as good as blood...

Last edited:

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
I saw those that are brought in by q100 or lazada are those legal? I had those in tw, china, those blood curd in steam boat are super nice!

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have only heard of pig's blood.

Are there really duck's blood?

Last time, there was even chicken blood that the chicken rice stalls would sell along with chicken intestines

My favourite lunch in my JC was chicken blood and intestine with an egg :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.