HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Food at Johor

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #76
Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=mosmos;30799350]5min walk from city square.

uo supermarket website: http://www.uo.com.my/index.php?id=9,0,0,1,0,0

you can apply for free member card, earn points for purchases, redeem vouchers.

thanks mos...
pepperthrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #77

i was chatting with some malaysian over another forum, when asking them abt taman teburau, they say the place there very dirty.

but i always eat there...
=x
i frequent there too, the food is very good for the money... er it's better if u dun think so much when u eat things lol, u'll enjoy the food better... although i've seen rats scuttering around =x
Salesmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 09:03 PM   #78
Supremacy Member

Rats are common folk there lah.. LOL..

I miss the BIG BIG BIG glasses of sugarcane juice!

I remember my friend dare me to drink beer outta it.. so i ordered 4 bottles of beer.. and each mug can take about 1bottle of beer leh.. then we all BOTTOMS UP!.. lolz.... lucky when going home tat time no road block.. if not eat black bean rice
Kaki369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #79

Restoran Hak Seng - The owner is a food nazi but the food is superb!!!

You basically just eat what he wants you to eat - You dun even have a choice - Hehe - Those who have been there will know what I am talking about.
Old 23-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #80
High Honorary Member

You basically just eat what he wants you to eat - You dun even have a choice - Hehe - Those who have been there will know what I am talking about.
where is this restoran located?
mosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 01:25 AM   #81

wad da... dun have a choice!? wahaha share pls lol i wanna go visit
Salesmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 03:23 PM   #82

66, JALAN STULANG DARAT
80300 Johor Bahru
12.00pm-10.00pm

The boss, an old man in his 60s-70s will sit you down and take order... but its more like telling you what to eat. For e.g. You say you would like to eat fish, he will say cooked in chilli sauce - does not indicate what fish he will be dishing. I ate there a few times and each time he will served different fish cooked in different ways - you do not have a choice - but they all taste very good!!

Same for veggies, he will just ask you yes or no. No indication of what vegetables and how it would be done.

We tried asking him whether he served crabs - and he didn't hesitate to say no and tell you that you can go to San Low for it, which is just a road away.

Overall, I hasn't been disappointed with his food. Oh you should try the Orh Nee too!

I should be blogging about this place within a week or 2 so look out for it!
Old 25-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #83
Supremacy Member

Orh Nee!! MY FAVOURITE!!

Mosmos.. lets go.. HEHEHE
Old 25-06-2008, 02:44 PM   #84

66, JALAN STULANG DARAT
80300 Johor Bahru
12.00pm-10.00pm

The boss, an old man in his 60s-70s will sit you down and take order... but its more like telling you what to eat. For e.g. You say you would like to eat fish, he will say cooked in chilli sauce - does not indicate what fish he will be dishing. I ate there a few times and each time he will served different fish cooked in different ways - you do not have a choice - but they all taste very good!!

Same for veggies, he will just ask you yes or no. No indication of what vegetables and how it would be done.

We tried asking him whether he served crabs - and he didn't hesitate to say no and tell you that you can go to San Low for it, which is just a road away.

Overall, I hasn't been disappointed with his food. Oh you should try the Orh Nee too!

I should be blogging about this place within a week or 2 so look out for it!
can tell where it near to?
or how to go there?
if possible upload with map , alway go johore only know how to giant, city-square, seafood, but don't know the actual road name.
michael8330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #85

What's nice at city square? Everytime I go, will eat at the HK cafe and think its so-so only. Have also tried a bbq chicken one at the 1st/2nd level but not really nice.
vainpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #86
High Honorary Member

i wonder which stall u ate? for that price RM15.. i think abit ex.. for ur portion i can get RM12.. hahaha..

looks like u found the big pau... yummy!! anyway got such thing as dry mee rebus wan meh? I dont get it leh.. hahah
wah i miss reply to this post.

the stall i ate is the one on picture lor.

dry mee rebus is gravy very thick + little and added special crispy on top.

used to be located on city sq land, then move to kotaraya foodcourt, now can'find liao.

heard stulang there got a famous one, but i saw the pics, it is not the same crispy, not so fine one.
Old 25-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #87
Supremacy Member

Orh... Stulang?

If u mean Stulang Laut there.. then yup.. ur're right.. got 1 very famous mee rebus stall... small and full of houseflies buzzing around when i FIRST ate there 4yrs ago... and never returned ever since.. only saw the mee rebus stall become more modernized with renovation etc... taste wise.. the locals there told me bo hor jiak liao... hahah.... lucky i nv go back eat.. but always go there say wanna try.. end up we eat the zhi char around there.... than after that check out the sports cars that roam the carpark and the occasional gangfight... before makan.. we will shop shop at EON the mall with duty free stuff!! hehehe!!

hmmm.. oh ya about the stulang laut meerebus... its not dry de... ahh now i know whats dry meerebus..thanks for the intro mosmos.. will keep a look out for u

hmmmm the stall in the picture huh? hmmm all the stalls look almost identical leh.. wAhaha... but nevermind lah.. u sHIOK can already.. but i must agree with u.. most of the stalls there.. the chilli not so POWER and SPICY de...
Old 25-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #88
High Honorary Member

Orh... Stulang?

If u mean Stulang Laut there.. then yup.. ur're right.. got 1 very famous mee rebus stall... small and full of houseflies buzzing around when i FIRST ate there 4yrs ago... and never returned ever since.. only saw the mee rebus stall become more modernized with renovation etc... taste wise.. the locals there told me bo hor jiak liao... hahah.... lucky i nv go back eat.. but always go there say wanna try.. end up we eat the zhi char around there.... than after that check out the sports cars that roam the carpark and the occasional gangfight... before makan.. we will shop shop at EON the mall with duty free stuff!! hehehe!!

hmmm.. oh ya about the stulang laut meerebus... its not dry de... ahh now i know whats dry meerebus..thanks for the intro mosmos.. will keep a look out for u

hmmmm the stall in the picture huh? hmmm all the stalls look almost identical leh.. wAhaha... but nevermind lah.. u sHIOK can already.. but i must agree with u.. most of the stalls there.. the chilli not so POWER and SPICY de...
the grill seafood stall is almost at end section, can see the shell petrol station + polis station behind stall.
Old 25-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #89
Supremacy Member

Hmmm... i see... i know which one le... but never eat there before.. haha...
Old 26-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #90

any place near city square that sells kueh
tingdong2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.