HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Kway Chap stall in the Hougang Ave. 7 wet market

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
Supremacy Member

Kway Chap stall in the Hougang Ave. 7 wet market

Hi, the wet market I am referring to is block 11. I used to frequent this stall. Run by 3 old ladies and an old man. I do not know if they are still in business elsewhere since the market has been torn down. If you know where this stall is located now, appreciate if you can let me know. Same for the other stalls, like the one selling chicken rice facing the row of shops, the fried carrot cake store (1 man show) next to the chicken store, and the noodle stall next to the carrot cake store.

Then there is also this economy rice stall at the coffee shop opposite the market that sells cheap and good food. Usually can see long queue. This coffee shop also has a store that sells wanton mee and mutton soup.

Thanks.

Last edited by twosix; 10-05-2010 at 08:43 AM..
twosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, the wet market I am referring to is block 11. I used to frequent this stall. Run by 3 old ladies and an old man. I do not know if they are still in business elsewhere since the market has been torn down. If you know where this stall is located now, appreciate if you can let me know. Same for the other stalls, like the one selling chicken rice facing the row of shops, the fried carrot cake store (1 man show) next to the chicken store, and the noodle stall next to the carrot cake store.

Then there is also this economy rice stall at the coffee shop opposite the market that sells cheap and good food. Usually can see long queue. This coffee shop also has a store that sells wanton mee and mutton soup.

Thanks.
Is it the infamous stall that will still give you pig skin when u specifically said you don't want it?
seePyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #3
Master Member

Thanks.
The noodle stall (prawn mee, u mean?) is now at the coffee shop at blk 7 while the economy rice is now at block 6 beside the clinic...the wantan mee and mutton soup is now at blk 3++ , cant remember the block...paisei
decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
Supremacy Member

Is it the infamous stall that will still give you pig skin when u specifically said you don't want it?
I dun know. If I remember correctly, it is the only kway chap store in that market. Anyway, I always ask for more pig skin, cos I love them so much. 8)
Old 11-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

The noodle stall (prawn mee, u mean?) is now at the coffee shop at blk 7 while the economy rice is now at block 6 beside the clinic...the wantan mee and mutton soup is now at blk 3++ , cant remember the block...paisei
oh, some of the stalls are still around there? Thanks. Been passing by that area but did not go in since the market is gone. Will drop by this evening to check it out.
Old 13-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

Any updates on the kway chap stall?Anyone got any idea where did it relocate to..?
Grandturismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 07:50 AM   #7

Wow childhood memories of the Blk 11 market. My grandparents used to run the pig organ soup stall. Located near the corner carrot cake lady. Not sure if itís the one youíre referring to.
NormanKohJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 06:10 AM   #8
Master Member

Thanks for bringing up this thread. I chanced upon this place once but didn't take notice the address, so for years I didn't know how to search.

I recall the kway chap here being well braised and things were super cheap back then. They also sold pig tongue which is quite rare. I'm also interested to know if they had set up shop elsewhere if anyone knows.
delson_tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

kway chup stop operating since the market is gone..one of the carrot cake is relocated at hougang ave 5 blk 327..the meat ball noodle which is just a few stall away is now at lor ah soo mkt
timsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 11:49 AM   #10

Thanks a lot for the intro
Kenken9966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:48 PM   #11
Master Member

The soya bean drink n the other kway chup stall is now at Toa Payoh lor 1, same market as tian tian Lai Hokkien mee
Old 06-03-2018, 07:34 PM   #12
Master Member

The soya bean drink n the other kway chup stall is now at Toa Payoh lor 1, same market as tian tian Lai Hokkien mee
There were 2 kway chap stalls there?
Old 07-03-2018, 05:24 PM   #13
Master Member

There were 2 kway chap stalls there?
One at the back beside drinks stall, one in front facing the coffee shop beside prawn noodle stall
Old 08-03-2018, 05:52 AM   #14
Master Member

One at the back beside drinks stall, one in front facing the coffee shop beside prawn noodle stall
I only remember the one in the middle, which I believe is you one beside drinks stall. The TPY one is the latter right?
Old 08-03-2018, 05:56 PM   #15
Master Member

I only remember the one in the middle, which I believe is you one beside drinks stall. The TPY one is the latter right?
The TPY one is the one beside the prawn noodle stall
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.