List of Restaurants/Cafes/Eateries you avoid?

eurofunk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wat A or A star claypot thingy at j8 and I think got branches elsewhere....is really liao lui jiak one...

BioProEng

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anything recommended by lady iron chef. Cos u know he gets 3.8k upwards to sell crappy stuff.

that time got promo for fire head mountain ramen....

then moi colleague happened to see his/her/shim blog, and saw his review on the spicy ramen as spicy and addictive (smlj food review is this)

then when makan, got try their spicy ramen (1 for 1 promo, i and friend whack 2 bowl ramen)... the spicy one, i give a phail rating... first bite machiam eating maggie mee..... and simi ish spicy.... so much chilli oil that eat a few bites also feel oily liao....

hence i confirm that he/she/shim really has no taste buds....

eurofunk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A one claypot ?????

Yea yea this one is really robert kok tao...portion damn small and not even filling worst than coffee shop tze char just bcos serve in claypot then x2.5 to 3 times the price lol

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
List updated.
As above. My list is:

Fish & Co (started out good, then come out more and more pattern and prices keep going up. fish and chips should just be kept simple)

Pastamania (don't joke la what pasta?! kopitiam can find better ones)

Eighteen Chefs (not sure why so many people support, food is average if not horrible, nothing tastes fresh, mostly frozen and fried stuff)

Manhattan Fish Market (same reason as Fish & Co)

Chewy Junior (cream puffs ******* la, Beard Papa own them deep deep)

Xin Wang or any HK cafe for that matter (pricey as f***, lousy taste and portion, totally uncharacteristic of HK cafes)

Mad Jack (just really pathetic food trying to act atas with atas pricing)

Sakae Sushi (joke of a susi place, I will go Itacho if I want affordable and good sushi)

Swee Choon (only good thing about this place is that it opens late into the night and if you are REALLY DESPERATE for some flour crafted food they try to pass off as dimsum)

Seoul Garden (with so many places offering much better food and prices these days, Seoul Garden is just a sad place to have bbq. meat never looks fresh and no pork?!?!)

Nandos (not sure how many will slam me for this, but I always feel for the prices they charge, it's not very worth, especially since the flavors never penetrate beyond the skin)

Will add on more places if I can recall.

Kum Jit Pow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Normally I avoid any that has the green sticker. Places without green stickers will have nicer food compared to those with stickers even though they are selling similar stuff. Hard truths

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.