location of penang laksa

whizzard

Reaction score
I go to Penang Kitchen. They have two outlets. They serve pretty good assam laksa and char kway teow. Too bad that their CKT comes without cockles.

Bukit Timah
Coronation Arcade
5 Coronation Road #01-05

Tanjong Katong283 Tanjong Katong Road

ssimonee

Reaction score
Is penang assam laksa the same? You can find it at malaysia boleh @ jurong point. Not sure how the real one taste like so cant comment.

nakaya

Reaction score
Is penang assam laksa the same? You can find it at malaysia boleh @ jurong point. Not sure how the real one taste like so cant comment.

Penang laksa aka assam laksa served with thin strips of cucumber and small pieces of ikan kembong. Per assam, it is sour and hot.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The laksa at Malaysia Boleh is pretty decent. However for me the prawn noodle is irresistible.

live2snap

Reaction score
Agree that the penang laksa at York hotel is good. The cooks there are actually real authentic penang hawkers who came here for a few weeks. Although my fav is the char kway teo and peanut pancakes..... yum yum

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When York hotel have Penang food fair?

Just their website and the last just ended on 1Jan2014

alpc

Reaction score
Try Penang asam laksa in Farlim (just behind KFC Farlim) its good.

Farlim is not in Singapore... So that could be a problem.

Having said that, Penang laksa there is pretty good - one of my usual haunt when I am in Penang.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.