Post your food photo here (local)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i love tiramisu...!!! but where did you buy this from?? the thingy looks like all cream to me ley..... not wat i'd expect from tiramisu... :vijayadmin:

regards,
wacky

This one not the real Tiramisu, in that it has no alcohol content. There is a tiny piece of sponge cake at the bottom. Bought it last night during our makan at West Coast Plaza.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This one not the real Tiramisu, in that it has no alcohol content. There is a tiny piece of sponge cake at the bottom. Bought it last night during our makan at West Coast Plaza.

oh.... sounds yakky... :s45:

regards,
wacky

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Malaysian Food Street @ Resorts World Sentosa. KL Jalan Alor Hokkien Mee.
KL_Jalan_Alor_Hokkien_Mee_.jpg

KL_Jalan_Alor_Hokkien_Mee_1.jpg

S$6 for KL Hokkien Mee. No lard at all, very sad. Overall still not bad, but cannot compare with the real KL version. :(

KL_Jalan_Alor_Hokkien_Mee_2.jpg

PenangChendol1.jpg

The chendol is bagus man. S$2.50 for a bowl. :lick:

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
My lunch at ABC Hawker Centre today. Tried the Chicken Chop at Wow Wow West. Not Bad.
IMAG0843.jpg

IMAG0842.jpg

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
S$6 for KL Hokkien Mee. No lard at all, very sad. Overall still not bad, but cannot compare with the real KL version. :(

The chendol is bagus man. S$2.50 for a bowl. :lick:

i like the KL HKM too... no lard...?? i remember mine had plenty of crunchy lard bits... some more dat time when i ate... it wasn't THAT DARK..??

as for the chendol... yeah i loved it too... taste-wise this is my fav so far... but in terms of value for $$$... the one at old malaya cafe @ 313 is the best... also $2.50 but much LARGER quantity...!!

regards,
wacky

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Maybe they ran out of lard. :( :(

Very inconsistent. :sad:

i like the KL HKM too... no lard...?? i remember mine had plenty of crunchy lard bits... some more dat time when i ate... it wasn't THAT DARK..??

as for the chendol... yeah i loved it too... taste-wise this is my fav so far... but in terms of value for $$$... the one at old malaya cafe @ 313 is the best... also $2.50 but much LARGER quantity...!!

regards,
wacky

Wonder if i can just order a plate of KL hokkien mee ??? :o

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
552142_10150679437353756_695573755_9119213_482495726_n.jpg

For fishball noodle lover - Its a definitely must try stall located at Telok Blangah Foot Market. Only got $2.50 or $3.00 portion.

Bewarn - closed on Sunday and Monday. The uncle took his time and cook his noodle porch perfectly. So it does took abit of time to queue up. The ingredient is simple where only fishball and noodle - plenty of lard, chili, chili oil, abit of spring onion cum cai pok = My best fishball so far!

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah Tai Hainanese Chicken Rice
Maxwell Road Food Centre Stall No 7

Very good chicken and rice. 2 stalls away from Tian Tian.
As good if not better than their more famous neighbour.
Stall started by 2 former workers for less than a month.

9d72ee02.jpg

52556e91.jpg

9cafec5c.jpg

5c571283.jpg

3c18bab3.jpg

7f49832e.jpg

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Cheaper than Tian Tian eh ??? :s11:

Ah Tai Hainanese Chicken Rice
Maxwell Road Food Centre Stall No 7

Very good chicken and rice. 2 stalls away from Tian Tian.
As good if not better than their more famous neighbour.
Stall started by 2 former workers for less than a month.

Razor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I find ieatishootipost pretty "rubbishy" and I dont trust it at all... I personally tried some of the recommendations and there are some hits but many misses as well ..

Despite the article saying "I am glad to that we both concur that the KL Hokkien Mee here is as authentic as it gets. Of course, it still can't beat the old stall in Petaling Street, but it certainly can beat a lot of not so famous KL Hokkien Mee in KL."

But others at food forums do not even rate it highly ..only decent. I really doubt that "it certainly can beat a lot of not so famous KL Hokkien Mee in KL" - this statement is super bull****

Makansutra Forums • View topic - Where 2 find KL Style Hokkien Mee (Fuk Kin Chao)in Singapore

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find ieatishootipost pretty "rubbishy" and I dont trust it at all... I personally tried some of the recommendations and there are some hits but many misses as well ..

Despite the article saying "I am glad to that we both concur that the KL Hokkien Mee here is as authentic as it gets. Of course, it still can't beat the old stall in Petaling Street, but it certainly can beat a lot of not so famous KL Hokkien Mee in KL."

But others at food forums do not even rate it highly ..only decent. I really doubt that "it certainly can beat a lot of not so famous KL Hokkien Mee in KL" - this statement is super bull****

Makansutra Forums • View topic - Where 2 find KL Style Hokkien Mee (Fuk Kin Chao)in Singapore

actually i like the kong kee KL HKM ley... although i've not eaten the one in KL b4 to make a comparison.... but then i never had liked such dark style HKM... many tze char stalls sell dark HKM but those are all different and not so nice.... kong kee KL HKM is the first time i ate KL HKM liddat so i really LOVED it... the one at malaysian food street is good... better than any other dark HKM in tze char but not as good as kong kee...

so i guess taste is subjective bah... :o

regards,
wacky

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i like the kong kee KL HKM ley... although i've not eaten the one in KL b4 to make a comparison.... but then i never had liked such dark style HKM... many tze char stalls sell dark HKM but those are all different and not so nice.... kong kee KL HKM is the first time i ate KL HKM liddat so i really LOVED it... the one at malaysian food street is good... better than any other dark HKM in tze char but not as good as kong kee...

so i guess taste is subjective bah... :o

regards,
wacky

i prefer the one at paradise inn over kong kee. but there are some local one better than both too.

with the KL word, the plate of noodle is sold at inflated price!

b|uebe||

Reaction score
Alexandra Village Food Centre~

3 for $2.80 --- so so only...taste funny the sauce. :look:

still, HongKong's chee cheong fun is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.