HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Post your food photo here (local)

Like Tree1788Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2009, 01:55 AM   #61

Well now I know what I can see if I have no appetite

Great. Anyone tried the nasi lemak along Katong Road?
Old 18-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #62

i love the photos! is there any blog or websites to get photo and updates regularly of foodies? (besides ishootieatipost... whatever that blog is called)
Old 18-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #63
Sen
Honorary Member

My other 2 fav food blogs besides ieatishootipost are Camemberu & Love Singapore Food.

http://www.camemberu.com/

http://lovesingaporefood.blogspot.com/

i love the photos! is there any blog or websites to get photo and updates regularly of foodies? (besides ishootieatipost... whatever that blog is called)
Old 18-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #64

Awesome! THanks!!!
Old 19-04-2009, 07:36 AM   #65

hey sen, have you also tried the 'barley gingko' drink from commonwealth FC at level1, its quite famous n auntie is very generous with her gingko in her thick homemade barely drink.. at night,level 2 there are two very worthy stall, chicken rice that served really fluffy and aromatic chicken rice but they dun give complementary soup , the other stall that sells dumpling/si chuan sour and spicy soup also thats really yummilicious.. the dumpling skin is hand made this old ah ma and the filling is bursting with flavour and real soupy, is a family stall run by singaporean just when you tot all stalls selling dumplings are run by PRC, this stall has catered the filling and flavour/texture to suit our palette(less chives/garnish in it, instead is well marinated minced meat) and you can see all tables on level 2 confirm got a plate of their dumpling. pls give it a shot n i believe you will love it too

Prawn Mee @ Commonwealth Ave FC. S$2.50 portion. Early morning open liao

Old 19-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #66
Sen
Honorary Member

The 'barley gingko' haven't try before. The chicken rice my friend eaten before, he commented that it's very oily plus they don't debone the chicken. The dumpling/si chuan sour and spicy soup sounds good, will give it a go next time.

hey sen, have you also tried the 'barley gingko' drink from commonwealth FC at level1, its quite famous n auntie is very generous with her gingko in her thick homemade barely drink.. at night,level 2 there are two very worthy stall, chicken rice that served really fluffy and aromatic chicken rice but they dun give complementary soup , the other stall that sells dumpling/si chuan sour and spicy soup also thats really yummilicious.. the dumpling skin is hand made this old ah ma and the filling is bursting with flavour and real soupy, is a family stall run by singaporean just when you tot all stalls selling dumplings are run by PRC, this stall has catered the filling and flavour/texture to suit our palette(less chives/garnish in it, instead is well marinated minced meat) and you can see all tables on level 2 confirm got a plate of their dumpling. pls give it a shot n i believe you will love it too
Old 19-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #67
Arch-Supremacy Member

Arnold’s Fried Chicken @ City Plaza. S$5.50 for Half Spring Chicken Set

menu

this one sibei oily one....

last time while eating it got oil pouring out...
Old 19-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #68

Is it always that crowded?
Old 19-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #69
Sen
Honorary Member

weekend lunch/dinner time alway full house.

Fasting month lesser crowd.

Is it always that crowded?
Old 20-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #70

Ya the chicken rice is tad on the oily side but the rice is very special i think..cos it looks like plain rice..the colour is almost white n rather fluffy n ya they are either too lazy or very traditional, they don't debone.. the barely gingko is at level 1 near the corner along the same lane as the famous long que char kway teow.. i bet you will like the dumplings/si chuan sour n spicy!!

The 'barley gingko' haven't try before. The chicken rice my friend eaten before, he commented that it's very oily plus they don't debone the chicken. The dumpling/si chuan sour and spicy soup sounds good, will give it a go next time.
Old 24-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #71
High Honorary Member

imm level 2 foodcourt ~

Old 24-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #72
High Honorary Member

Old 24-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #73

Looks big and juicy!
Old 25-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #74

wow potent stuff man! a bowl of pig organ soup + fish + rice = innovative!! $3.3onli? what's the taste like n service rate it!

Bukit Merah Lane 1, Blk 124 'Green Signboard' soup stall. S$3.30 plus rice. Lunch hours only

Old 25-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #75
Sen
Honorary Member

Ya, S$3.30. I went after 2:30pm so auntie gimme extra 2 x fried fish, clear stock huh. Service is good lor, the auntie uncle can be very chatty one. Most important the meat is fresh, before 12pm sure got long long q one, no horse run. BTW most customers would order fish soup, just that i like pork better

wow potent stuff man! a bowl of pig organ soup + fish + rice = innovative!! $3.3onli? what's the taste like n service rate it!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.