Is Shake Shack Singapore worth the queue ?

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice but abit pricey. Not worth the queue but there not much queue apart from weekends at jewel
5 guys just opened and it's even more pricey lol. I ate a bacon cheeseburger, fries, and soft drink and it cost me $29 :s22:

Anyway shake shack weekdays it's like, 10min queue and 10-15min wait for food? At that kind of queue time it's OK IMO. I like the burger (cos I generally like smashburger-style patties), but not so much the fries or the milkshakes.

uncle_josh

Reaction score
$29 is overly expensive
5 guys just opened and it's even more pricey lol. I ate a bacon cheeseburger, fries, and soft drink and it cost me $29 :s22:

Anyway shake shack weekdays it's like, 10min queue and 10-15min wait for food? At that kind of queue time it's OK IMO. I like the burger (cos I generally like smashburger-style patties), but not so much the fries or the milkshakes.

grynove

Reaction score
go in the morning. if u really want to try it. imo burger is ok lah. still cant be compared with in and out. :p

qwen92

Reaction score
There isnt much queue anymore. For me, I wouldnt travel all the way there just to eat it. But whenever i'm at the airport, I'd go for it. IMO the price of the burger isnt expensive (ala carte $9+ for single patty / $12+ for double patty shackburger i think). Eating around the airport area is normally around that range (unless you go T3 Kopitiam or Mcdonalds) so it's value for money to me.

Wouldnt recommend Milkshake, too sweet. But you can try if you have a few people to share. Cheese fries are not too bad but overpriced.

Last edited:

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This 5 guys or shack shack can consider fast food or burger joint?
If fast food than 29$ not worth

Jun.Hao19

Reaction score
Not sure about 5 guys, but i would think of shake shack as fast food. You order your food at the counter first and wait. No tables assigned to you or any form of table service.

My review is that the burgers at shake shack are indeed nice hahah.
Only downside is the shakes are too sweet for my liking.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Shake Shack or Five Guys better?
5 Guys confirm more worth it.
5 guys $29 for a burger, fries, and soda. Maybe it's because I prefer smashburger style burgers, maybe because they just opened still teething issues, but I found the burger just so-so (given the price). Patty not bad, but cheese not properly melted, and the whole thing juices all overwhelmed the bottom patty and made it jin soggy by the time I was 2/3 done. Fries were good though.

Not sure about 5 guys, but i would think of shake shack as fast food. You order your food at the counter first and wait. No tables assigned to you or any form of table service.
5 guys also completely self service.

Zaalaa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Queue for it.

Bought 1 burger.

But when buzzer sounded, the lady refused to give me my order.

Instead she gave me the tray with 2 burgers, 1 cheese fries & 1 root beer float.

I shake my head and point to my receipt, she shake her head and stop me from taking my order. Then insisted to pass me that order.

Bloody hell. I eat too full.

Avoid at all cost!

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Queue for it.

Bought 1 burger.

Instead she gave me the tray with 2 burgers, 1 cheese fries & 1 root beer float.

I shake my head and point to my receipt, she shake her head and stop me from taking my order. Then insisted to pass me that order.

Avoid at all cost!

Lol, you can always dabao back home. Free food, who dun want sia?

Kopi Gao

Reaction score
Queue for it.

Bought 1 burger.

Avoid at all cost!

Must you pay for the extras (i.e. 1 burger + 1 cheese fries + 1 root beer float)?

If free, how come still ask us to avoid? So must be not free right?

How come you didn't complain to the branch manager? Did you feedback in their FB?

jasperbln

Reaction score
its not something u would have on a daily basis but sure, the food there lives up to its standards, so yea i would say its worth the queue.

rubicon_82

Reaction score
Tried it once, didn't feel it's anything special.. but maybe for it's price I was expecting more.

I actually like the burgers from cafes like the defunct Arbite at serangoon.

augustin0001

Reaction score
My first visit last week. The queue moves quite fast. Within less than half an hour at 5pm, I reached the counter.

Burgers are not bad. Cheese fries are alright. Its cheese mixed with milk or something.

Just go for the burger and skip the fries and drinks if $ is an issue and yet wanna try

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.