LiquidShaDow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tenderloin from Bistro Du Le Pin

bistro%2Bdu%2Ble%2Bpin_tenderloin.JPG

silviachef

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe cos the pricing at Cut really one level above everybody else, hehe. I also so far haven't mustered the courage and wallet strength to visit.

Anyway since this is a "steak thread" ... I give you hdb lift landing charcoal grilled steak lol.

ywWHoCw.jpg
Kao. I never thought of using this small stove to do steak before.

Can gpgt yr stove pls?
I've been buying my cuts from Foodie Market Place at Tiong Bahru.

Most recent purchase was yesterday, Australian Wagyu Ribeye MB 3-4, 400 days grain fed. The price was $7.50 per 100g, which is really quite decent. Anyway, I order my cuts typically 1 inch, as it works out very nicely to ~ 300g. Total damage was about $23?

They vacuum seal also, which makes it easy to sous vide (I have an ANOVA).

Sous vide tips. If you want to add spices, add before sealing and sous vide. Salt can be added during the searing step, as it doesn't really help in sous vide. 2 hours at 54.5 degC and you get a nice medium rare. Sear on both sides alternating at 1/1/0.5/0.5 minute intervals and you're done. Always remember to rest the meat so that the juices spread out!

End of the day, I got a Wagyu MB3-4 300g at Medium Rare for $23. Beats eating outside anyday.
Tgis is good info for the low budget type. Anymore intro of butchers for meat?

Sent from gold coast using GAGT

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always enjoy strip, not that fatty. Move away from porterhouse and ribeye. USDA prime always my go to. I get American wagyu

Expect those dry age at John Howie to be great but usd$80-90 ribeye not worth it imho

Last edited:

Darwinson

Banned
Reaction score
Need urgent recommendation for a good place tonight

Bringing a date who seemed to enjoy steak. Budget is $100 per head

terry1

Reaction score
actually this will be a better steak thread if the prices are included. otherwise it is just meaningless pictures of steak on plates one after another

techizen2

Reaction score
I like Southwest Tavern daily set lunch promotion marbled sirloin. Comes with tasty garlic bread, mushroom soup and a drink. $18.80 only. Pretty good for this price range.

Elnovasoh

Reaction score
I just went to skyve wine bistro, long ago they are call table 66. I find it really a great place to dine with. They have 3 course meal for $60 only available from sun-thur. Their steak was good. Basically I order their foie gras, scallop, steak and molten lava cake is really great. Give it a try or if there is any special event for a fine dining, skyve really a ideal place. I did share on my blog:
http://www.shuxianblog.com/best-fine-dining-place-in-singapore-skyve-wine-bistro/

Parrot123

Reaction score
All these steak pics are making me hungry!

For me personally, i think Cut is still my favorite so far. A few others come close but Cut is still the steakhouse to beat.

Bedrock is awesome value (entertainer), while Skirt didnt do it for me. Its not bad, but at that price, i would just rather go to Cut.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.