HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Where to get good tomahawk beef and how to cook them?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2018, 08:00 AM   #1

Where to get good tomahawk beef and how to cook them?

So far foodie market has it like $50+ for a 1.3-4 kg for aus grain free. Wonder if any beef lover know where to get them at good price?
I did the BBQ it got it medium rare
The method I use is 45mins for the steaks to be on the cold side of the grill, with temp of 300 f and flip the steak in 15 mins interval.
Finally sear it for 5 mins each side to finish it off and rest it for 10 mins before cutting.
All this done without a meat thermometer
Solidus_GZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 04:24 PM   #2

Get a griddle pan - heat as hot as possible - rub oil on steak (don’t put in pan) then season steak with rock salt and grind pepper. Grill till lines appear then throw in a few chunks of salted butter and cloves of garlic (if u like) -baste meat in butter for a while- then throw in hot oven to finish.
Old 23-11-2018, 09:11 PM   #3

Get a griddle pan - heat as hot as possible - rub oil on steak (don’t put in pan) then season steak with rock salt and grind pepper. Grill till lines appear then throw in a few chunks of salted butter and cloves of garlic (if u like) -baste meat in butter for a while- then throw in hot oven to finish.
Thanks ! How long you throw into oven and at what degrees?
Here's my end result!

Solidus_GZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2018, 09:16 PM   #4

You want perfect steak every time? Go sous vide. Check out anova. There have a Black Friday offer for their basic model.
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.