HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Why is the frog porridge at geylang so popular

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2020, 05:18 PM   #1

Question Why is the frog porridge at geylang so popular

Curious. I have different groups of friends and I noticed this particular suggestion always popping up whenever there is a discussion on a location to meet up and chit chat through the night.

I have eaten there twice and felt nothing special about it. It tastes great but not unique, the price is not cheap, portion is average and quite alot of bones too. Basically I could not find any selling point in what they offer to customers.

Everyone just says "Oh alot of people eat here so I just eat here too" when i query. If that's true, then how did "alot of people" start eating here? How did it gain popularity? Is it because a famous influencer ate here and this location became the "in" eating location among owls?
Old 09-07-2020, 05:38 PM   #2

Famous because it's a Michelin Bib Gourmand. I also don't find it special. And way too expensive. Cheong Chin Nam G7 Sinma value so much better
techizen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:08 AM   #3

Popularity is created by those foodie wannabe that thought they have great taste and start telling people around them that geylang the best frog leg porridge in Singapore, when the chinatown one near CK easily taste better.
rtlqqqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:53 AM   #4

Prefer the one at Beauty World. Hmm. I wonder too. Maybe ppl just as associate Geylang with good food
nightrider-49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

Maybe they go Geylang for other activities first then hungry liao go eat frog porridge.
Handsome_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.