HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wine

Like Tree87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 01:40 AM   #796

C4 right? $49.95?
haha yeah have you tried it b4? give me revew and tips..

Last edited by Baggio10; 05-12-2010 at 01:45 AM..
Baggio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #797
Master Member

haha yeah have you tried it b4? give me revew and tips..
Although i have 3 bottles of this I only briefly tried it during a tasting event. Very floral nose but the body is only average. Quite a far cry from the 05 which is maybe why they are selling at such a dirt price. But still, you can't beat it for the price - it's almost hard to find something equivalent!

BTW, C4 having a wine event at the PS outlet on 16 dec onwards. Wondering if they will cut the prices further.
nautilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #798

Although i have 3 bottles of this I only briefly tried it during a tasting event. Very floral nose but the body is only average. Quite a far cry from the 05 which is maybe why they are selling at such a dirt price. But still, you can't beat it for the price - it's almost hard to find something equivalent!

BTW, C4 having a wine event at the PS outlet on 16 dec onwards. Wondering if they will cut the prices further.
icic yeah $50 is like a steal...ah if they reduce the price i will be sad lol...

i hope they reduce the price for the 06 though...
Old 05-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #799
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone went for the wine fair at wine gallery on sat?
i wasn't there either way.
ikileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #800

Hi guys! Need wine recommendation.

Gonna make pasta for dinner tonight. Prob ravioli.

Any recommendation for a White sub $35 that I should be able to find in cold storage?

My gf likes Riesling. I was recommended gewürztraminer by a friend. Any comments?

Thanks in advance!

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app
lousylah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #801
Arch-Supremacy Member

i hope it isn't too late.

both riesling and gewurz, while not traditional italian grapes, can be great pasta wine depending on the type of pasta served. u might need something with crisp acidity to bite through the pasta sauce. to be honest, there are only soome labels from CS that are worth buying, more perhaps if u shop at Jasons/Marketplace. In addition, regular CS don't carry much gewurz & (surprisingly) rieslings.

the only two whites i can think of from the top of my head from CS that I enjoyed recently are:

- Plantagenet Omrah Sauvignon Blanc
- Rolling Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon Blend

If u had to go for a riesling, the Charles Wiffen Riesling should suffice.
If it's gewurz, i honestly don't think there is a decent gewurz at CS, or at least haven't tried one. If u were are Carrefour, then that's a different story.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #802
Master Member

not stepped into taka for ages. seems like got new happening. mouton rothschilds anyone?

Condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #803
Arch-Supremacy Member

nice...Enoteca is one of the largest Japanese wine retailer chains. hope the prices are fair.

in addition, www.thelocalnose.com has updated their page (they update every monday) with 6 champagnes reviews that go for $80 and under. some good options to consider as we approach this festive period.

Last edited by ikileo; 06-12-2010 at 01:19 PM..
Old 07-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #804

not stepped into taka for ages. seems like got new happening. mouton rothschilds anyone?

i went there already...alot of vintage wines..saw 1980 something..i think got 1969..

lafite is 1.5k..they say special promotion..
Old 07-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #805

i went there already...alot of vintage wines..saw 1980 something..i think got 1969..

lafite is 1.5k..they say special promotion..
What is the price range for this Wine?
reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #806
Greater Supremacy Member

Today tried sparkling wine at my company's dinner. taste like red wine.. still far from sweet enough for me. Left dessert wine liao. That time at Jayson, they selling at 40 plus. They want to chop carrot ?

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #807
Arch-Supremacy Member

What is the price range for this Wine?
lafites in general go between $1300-$3000 depending on the vintage.
but with the upcoming crazy demand of Lafites specifically from China, the international prices for Lafites may soar in the next few years.

http://www.decanter.com/news/wine-ne...hina-exclusive

http://www.decanter.com/news/wine-ne...chinese-symbol

http://www.decanter.com/news/wine-ne...-prices-insane
Old 08-12-2010, 12:15 AM   #808
Arch-Supremacy Member

Today tried sparkling wine at my company's dinner. taste like red wine.. still far from sweet enough for me. Left dessert wine liao. That time at Jayson, they selling at 40 plus. They want to chop carrot ?
what do u mean it tastes like red wine? was it a white sparkling or rose sparkling wine? do u remember the producer? still red wine and sparkling white wine taste quite different from each other.

while u definitely like sweet wine, i think its also good to try to expand your palate and try new things outside of the sweet realm. Jason's and Marketplace are meant for more higher-end customers with bigger wallets hence they are able to create a higher mark up. it's not so much about 'chop carrot' but pricing it high enough that is still attractive to their target customer, which is obviously not you or us.

maybe this holiday season you should go and try some other non-dessert style/sweet wines. not everything needs to have that much residual sugar.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #809
Greater Supremacy Member

what do u mean it tastes like red wine? was it a white sparkling or rose sparkling wine? do u remember the producer? still red wine and sparkling white wine taste quite different from each other.

while u definitely like sweet wine, i think its also good to try to expand your palate and try new things outside of the sweet realm. Jason's and Marketplace are meant for more higher-end customers with bigger wallets hence they are able to create a higher mark up. it's not so much about 'chop carrot' but pricing it high enough that is still attractive to their target customer, which is obviously not you or us.

maybe this holiday season you should go and try some other non-dessert style/sweet wines. not everything needs to have that much residual sugar.
sorry man i only know the sparkling wine i drank is in red. and they told me its sparkling wine. I didn't notice the brand or produder. next time i will take note of it.

i have drank red wine/ white wine before. just don't like the taste.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #810
Arch-Supremacy Member

it's probably a red sparkling or a rose sparkling.
maybe u need to start with some red/white wines that have a little bit of residual sugar in them (although not as much as a dessert wine) and then work from there.

and i also know some pple that don't like red or white wine because they've been served sub-par red/white wine their whole life haha...

u can look for german riesling that say either Spatlese or halb-trocken. these are white wines that aren't too sweet but still have a little more residual sugar than the average dry white wine.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.