HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wine

Like Tree86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009, 04:59 AM   #91

New shop in town

Dear all,

Theres a new shop in town which i find sell some interesting wine.

http://www.vinotiquewinecellar.com.sg/email-a.jpg
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #92
Arch-Supremacy Member

interesting, may head down to take a look since i live relatively near by.

on another note, i've updated the first post with a non-exhaustive list of the various wine retailers in Singapore.
ikileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #93

This the one near Farrer Road ?
relaxxjaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #94
Arch-Supremacy Member

yes, from the looks of the address, it is. the one next to St Margaret's Sec Sch
Old 20-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #95
Arch-Supremacy Member

i've updated the 1st page with more articles. They are found on the 3rd post. The 1st new topic is on 'Good/Bad/Flawed Wine'...i'll be uploading two more articles today 'Buying Wine' and 'Wines in Restaurants'.

As for reviews on my blog, there has been a long hiatus, primarily due to the enormous amount of schoolwork I have. But I am stocking up and searching for under $25 rieslings for a head-to-head riesling taste-off
Old 25-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #96

RARE Mollydooker Carnival of Love 2005 Magnum 1.5L 99 Points!

Dear Wine Lovers,

I have rare bottle formats of this exceptionally good premium Australian cult wine for sale: Mollydooker Carnival of Love 2005 Magnum 1.5L

This wine has been rated an almost perfect score of 99/100 points by the world's most influential wine critic, Robert Parker.

Being in a magnum format makes it even more rare.

Check it out and order it now here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/RARE-6-btls-w...1%7C240%3A1318

or visit my ebay site here:

http://myworld.ebay.com.sg/yoshiki.1981/

I will be looking forward to assist you in securing some of this finest and rare wine in the world.

What are you waiting for? Contact me now before they are all sold out!

Cheers and enjoy every single drop of this 99 pointer.
yoshiki1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #97

any wine tasting seesion? where can i buy nebbiolo

Last edited by smallkuku; 25-03-2009 at 11:03 PM..
smallkuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #98
Arch-Supremacy Member

i can probably only organize one in may onwards 'cos that's is when I'm more free.

as for nebbiolo wines, their most famous form are Barolo & Barbaresco wines from Piedmont, Italy. You can get those at pretty much an high-end wine store. Culina at Dempsey Hill stocks several Barolos.

Italian Food & Wine Pte Ltd at 48 Craig Road www.italianfoodwine.com are distributors and retailers of premium Italian wines. They have a good selection of those Nebbiolo wines. Keep in mind both Barolos & Barbaresco are wines that command high prices that usually start from $100 - $200 and are meant for long aging due to their high & harsh tannins when the wines are young.

If you do buy one, do tell us the name,vintage and tasting notes. Good luck!
Old 31-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #99
Arch-Supremacy Member

I finally visited the Absolutely New Zealand store in Sunset Way. They bring in various new zealand stuff including a good selection of wines. Plus they're having a moving out sale so you can get loads from stuff that are 30%-40% off starting at $20.

You can get Pinot Noir from Central Otago, New Zealand at discount prices as well. For those of you who don't know, Central Otago is one of the most famous regions in the world producing Pinot Noir wines. Google it.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:21 AM   #100

a very interesting and informative thread bro.

I myself am fairly interested in wine. Due to the exposure to wines during work/school and also my friends who enjoy wine. However, still very new to wine as I only can drink but don't really know what I'm drinking.

Like how to even taste the fruittiness of the wine etc.. hahha
Kimozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #101
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks, that's great to hear.

to help you with some appreciation, I always recommend drinking more, not excessively, but taste more. As you taste and suck in the air, you really have to put your mind to it to identify it. a lot of red wines have a cherry/berry kind of flavour profile, so I would suggest to actually buy cherries and berries, and really taste them and remember it.

You can even buy a bottle a week and taste it with friends, that's what I try to do, but sometimes i end up pouring most of it out since i can't get everyone. and when u taste wine, make a note and write it down. I have a text document that has all my tasting notes. it will help you refer. as you keep practising you will get better.

A way you can start is using the wine taste wheel, http://www.vadim.com/Wine/wine_wheel.jpg
but by no means is it a perfect list because you should always taste wine and identify it with things you know. if you think the wine smells like your dog after a rain, that's fine, because your palate and your senses are personal and yours. That being said, go out there and try different types of fruits and food and herbs to expand your flavour profile so you can easily identify them better.

grab a bunch of friends for a dinner gathering, and get everyone to bring one bottle, and then have a tasting sessions or even a blind tasting. that would be really fun.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #102

Anyone into Croatian Wines?
bloodbecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #103
Arch-Supremacy Member

that would be wild, unfortunately it's pretty rare to find croatian wines in SG, simply because of the very nich market it is. however, if u do know where we can get our hands on croatian wines locally, that would be great!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #104
Arch-Supremacy Member

updated first page with article on wine pairing.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #105

that would be wild, unfortunately it's pretty rare to find croatian wines in SG, simply because of the very nich market it is. however, if u do know where we can get our hands on croatian wines locally, that would be great!
Well i believe there is for the nich and for the mass market. Yea i do know where to get. Do Pm me if you are keen.
bloodbecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.