HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Airbnb in JB

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2018, 09:52 PM   #16

I stayed at an airbnb 2br apartment last month just next to AEON Bukit Indah. iirc, about $70+
othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:09 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

Most airbnb units are managed by property/rental agents acting on behalf of the owners. Same goes to Japan, Korea and so on.

My experience for airbnb in JB is so so only. Booked a family sized 3-bedroom unit at KSL, short vacation with extended family, so quite worth it, plus location is good. Gave me parking pass. The furnishing and amenities are very very basic. The unit itself is good, spacious, view, etc. But the amenities like bed, bedsheet, pillow, blanket, shower, heater, towels, soaps, tv, are below par.
madcampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #18

I think it is worth it to get it only at Mendini area if you are visiting legoland.

With more properties coming up very soon around the area, anyone who wish to get an airbnb apartment will be spoil of choices.
kuehteow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 10:04 AM   #19
Supremacy Member

Most airbnb units are managed by property/rental agents acting on behalf of the owners. Same goes to Japan, Korea and so on.

My experience for airbnb in JB is so so only. Booked a family sized 3-bedroom unit at KSL, short vacation with extended family, so quite worth it, plus location is good. Gave me parking pass. The furnishing and amenities are very very basic. The unit itself is good, spacious, view, etc. But the amenities like bed, bedsheet, pillow, blanket, shower, heater, towels, soaps, tv, are below par.
These are usually own by investor who wants to make the most profits. So they used the cheapest furniture they can find. Donít be surprised if there are discarded furniture.
mcylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #20
Supremacy Member

I think it is worth it to get it only at Mendini area if you are visiting legoland.

With more properties coming up very soon around the area, anyone who wish to get an airbnb apartment will be spoil of choices.
Yah. Agree. So the owner have to out do each other, else no 2nd visit.

I like a particular unit at tebrau city. So much so I stay there three times. Very family oriented. All furnishings, kitchen ware TOP notch.
mcylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 10:22 AM   #21

i think for certain places like JB it'll be much more worth to stay in a hotel rather than an airbnb in terms of price
hellosgporean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 09:23 PM   #22

i think for certain places like JB it'll be much more worth to stay in a hotel rather than an airbnb in terms of price
Stay at KSL apartment by owner (Dec 2017). Owner has several units and I choose what I wanted. Better and cheaper than KSL resort. Only thing is, you don't get resort type of service. Not that I mind because I only stay for a night. Resort was charging for SG$148/N while I got it for ~$108.
Unit was much better with decoration and free Wifi.

Apart from that, I asked for 5pax, gotten 5 towel. Bottled type.. like home use type of dishwashing, soup and shampoo. Room can stay up to 8pax with additional mattress. My colleague just check out this afternoon from the same unit with his family of 8.

FYI, This same colleague happened to also booked the same date with Airbnb in Dec 17 as I did. We did compared and he said his was with no decoration just like my booking in Jun 17. However, he booked through agent, which explain why his booking is more expensive than mine.

I won't be complaining as it is decent for that price and definitely far better than what I booked in Jun 2017 with Resort. Only lacking thing is they only have local TV channel. Again, not that I mind.
Habrosus likes this.

Last edited by bbmars1128; 13-03-2018 at 09:29 PM..
bbmars1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.