HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Car Rental in JB Sentral

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2016, 05:59 PM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

The same Wahdah guy (hasan) dropped it off at Caltex and waited for me to arrive. We went through the handover process and marked out the dings (if any) / mark petrol level on the handover form.

Drop off is done by leaving the car at the same spot. There is a secure box on the caltex wall where you can drop the car key in.

Deposit is paid through a Paypal invoice (where you can select cash payment / credit card payment). The RM300 deposit is typically refunded to you via the same channel of payment 2-3 weeks post car return. Have rented twice, no problems at all. Heading up again next week.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:02 AM   #17
Junior Moderator

I shall try Wahdah the next time. Previously I have used Hertz (Sime Darby, Kotaraya) and also Avis (Kotaraya II Terminal). Both were fine, just pricey.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 12:38 PM   #18

I book from economycarrental, they assigned me to "Hawk rent a car", cost me 140rm/24hrs for Toyota Altis.

Overall car condition and service is good. They don't scrutinize small scratches and stuff when I return.

Their office located at Puteri Pacific hotel, just 5mins walk from city square.
gunners46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 04:56 PM   #19

Europcar...
can earn krisflyer mile while renting
wiki-traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 10:00 PM   #20
Master Member

I book from economycarrental, they assigned me to "Hawk rent a car", cost me 140rm/24hrs for Toyota Altis.

Overall car condition and service is good. They don't scrutinize small scratches and stuff when I return.

Which version of Altis do they offer?
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 06:56 AM   #21

Which version of Altis do they offer?
I didn't get Altis as they ran out of it, so they gave me free upgrade to camry 2.0, i think the car is abt 6yrs old.
gunners46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 11:04 AM   #22

Wahdah

The same Wahdah guy (hasan) dropped it off at Caltex and waited for me to arrive. We went through the handover process and marked out the dings (if any) / mark petrol level on the handover form.

Drop off is done by leaving the car at the same spot. There is a secure box on the caltex wall where you can drop the car key in.

Deposit is paid through a Paypal invoice (where you can select cash payment / credit card payment). The RM300 deposit is typically refunded to you via the same channel of payment 2-3 weeks post car return. Have rented twice, no problems at all. Heading up again next week.

Already paid thru paypal. they asked for photocopy license n passport which I emailed.

This is my first time.

Tomorrow 11am collect JB Sentral Caltex.

No news on who to look for or any handphone number?

Bro can share if they email u the details of the delivery guy. or they call n msg u on the day of collection.

Thanks.
rdkp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 01:03 PM   #23

Already paid thru paypal. they asked for photocopy license n passport which I emailed.

This is my first time.

Bro can share if they email u the details of the delivery guy. or they call n msg u on the day of collection.

Thanks.
most of the car rental can earn krisflyer, remember to do that!
wiki-traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #24

i shortlisted this, since they have a physically office in the hotel and hawk seems pretty established too. have an outlet in sgp.

how about your deposit? they return to you immed after you return the car?

do you know what cars they have? i just need for 2 pax, over the weekend.

This is my first time.

Thanks.
after your trip,. do feedback .. .i maybe renting one next month..looking for a reliable agency!
foozgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #25
Master Member

Are there any other companies offering car rental in the city but charging less per day?

How much should I budget for a car for a car for three days - Saturday-Monday? I need car just for two people so need, small, budget car.
invisible999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 08:45 AM   #26

I have tried Sime darby rent a car (Which is Hertz actually), small car costs me myr121 for a day. Myr300 deposit paid thru credit card, and I returned the car after office hour so i just dropped key to the designated box. Quite convenient.

I noticed that besides hertz is hawks rent a car, which is recommeded by some forumers... So i guess this tower (Menara ansar) is a good place to rent.

Last edited by choonlim; 23-03-2017 at 08:48 AM..
choonlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #27
Master Member

I have tried Sime darby rent a car (Which is Hertz actually), small car costs me myr121 for a day. Myr300 deposit paid thru credit card, and I returned the car after office hour so i just dropped key to the designated box. Quite convenient.

I noticed that besides hertz is hawks rent a car, which is recommeded by some forumers... So i guess this tower (Menara ansar) is a good place to rent.
Myr121 is quite affordable. What car is it and do we book online?
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 08:44 AM   #28

Myr121 is quite affordable. What car is it and do we book online?
I called in to book. It's Hyundai I10. Don't think can be booked online. I tried downloaded their Hertz my app but it is useless.
choonlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #29
Arch-Supremacy Member

This is my first time.

Thanks.
Wow, missed this out.

Yes, they will typically email you with the contact number of driver.

They have been extremely patient for me when i was caught up in the jams on Causeway. Kudos to them.

So far, strongly recommended for Wahdah. Believe there's a promotion now for the Persona car rental.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:50 PM   #30

Wow, missed this out.

Yes, they will typically email you with the contact number of driver.

They have been extremely patient for me when i was caught up in the jams on Causeway. Kudos to them.

So far, strongly recommended for Wahdah. Believe there's a promotion now for the Persona car rental.
Bro, what's the promo now? How much discount?
sjchai75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.