HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Day Trip from Ipoh to Cameron Highlands

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2020, 10:02 PM   #1

Day Trip from Ipoh to Cameron Highlands

Hello all

I would be in Ipoh in early March for a few days and I am thinking of making a day trip to Cameron Highlands during my time there. Does anyone have any recommendations on private tour with pickup from Ipoh for 4 pax? What's the usual rates for such private tours?

Alternatively, are there any guide or tips that I ought to know? Like maybe instead of going with a private tour, joining a group? Thanks in advance all.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6010 using GAGT
darksword995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 02:13 PM   #2

Hi bros - how easy is it to travel from KL to Cameron Highlands and on to Penang? Can share>
lowandhighseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 02:42 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

Hi bros - how easy is it to travel from KL to Cameron Highlands and on to Penang? Can share>
KL to Ipoh/Penang is easy, to Cameron Highland need private transport.
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 03:22 PM   #4

I don't think a day trip will be sufficient for a visit to the Cameron Highlands.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 03:31 PM   #5

There are coaches that depart from TBS KL for the 5 hour run to Cameron Highlands. From there on to Penang, you can also check those coach booking portals.
Old 29-01-2020, 04:58 PM   #6

There are coaches that depart from TBS KL for the 5 hour run to Cameron Highlands. From there on to Penang, you can also check those coach booking portals.
Better ignore the forumer who joined in Jan 2020, I think he is trying to increase his post count by asking a lot of useless questions in other thread as well (maybe got banned, that's why new account), then later will go to EDMW and spread fake news.
AMAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 05:03 PM   #7

Why not rent a car and drive up? then you can consider to stay overnight and enjoy the cooling weather and have hotpot for dinner. However Some part of the road is dim at night(no road lamp) and if you not familiar with the road, do drive slowly.
greyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 06:49 PM   #8

None of my family members know how to drive, unfortunately. And we have already booked our Airbnb within Ipoh. Thanks for the advice anyway though.

Old 29-01-2020, 06:50 PM   #9

I don't think a day trip will be sufficient for a visit to the Cameron Highlands.
Ahh I see. We are still contemplating whether we should head over for a day as we would be in Ipoh for about 5 days.

Old 29-01-2020, 11:45 PM   #10

Ahh I see. We are still contemplating whether we should head over for a day as we would be in Ipoh for about 5 days.
I suppose you have other business in Ipoh as otherwise 5 days will be too long. You ought to set aside a night's stay at Cameron Highlands.
Old 30-01-2020, 01:50 PM   #11

I suppose you have other business in Ipoh as otherwise 5 days will be too long. You ought to set aside a night's stay at Cameron Highlands.
To get around Cameron Highlands, there is no Grab or Uber. You could rent a scooter to get from place to place, which will cost you RM50 for a half day (5 hours) / RM80 for a full day (10 hours), travel by the lone public bus that goes from one end of the highlands to the other, or as we chose, taxi. So time that also bros.
lowandhighseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2020, 02:07 PM   #12

5 days is too long in Ipoh. I just spent one night and 2 days in Ipoh - that is sufficient.
pacetone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2020, 04:46 PM   #13

Hello all

I would be in Ipoh in early March for a few days and I am thinking of making a day trip to Cameron Highlands during my time there. Does anyone have any recommendations on private tour with pickup from Ipoh for 4 pax? What's the usual rates for such private tours?

Alternatively, are there any guide or tips that I ought to know? Like maybe instead of going with a private tour, joining a group? Thanks in advance all.

Actually a day trip to cameron highlands is more than enough. It only takes around 2 hrs max to get from ipoh to brinchang, so if you go around 8-9am, you will reach brinchang around 11am, just nice for a steamboat lunch at OK tuck. after lunch can go to golden hills weekend market for pasar malam. The old one at brinchang gone already, left only a few stalls there, due to redevelopment. Take note weekend the jam is very heavy, especially for holidays, same as woodlands or tuas custom, you could stuck in traffic for 2-3 hrs one way .
Oh yes, before you go up the hill, before making the right turn to head up to kampung raja/brinchang, there is a strawberry restaurant, the ice cream there is very nice, the strawberry tea there is also cheaper then some brinchang market stalls.

Ipoh has so much food to eat, I think spending 3-4 days there is ok, if you are staying at AirBNB, you can ask the host on where the locals go for their kai see hor fun, roti canai, nasi lemak etc. The stadium there is good place, lots of food and locals, clean and no birds (not like here, always got myna or pigeons).

If you are bored (as ipoh not many shopping malls), you can go to penang (about 2hr+ drive also) via the new bridge to queensbay mall, you can spend a whole day there as it's very big.

Seafood wise sitiawan might be the place to go, but personally I have never been to there.
AMAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2020, 05:21 PM   #14

Thanks all for the advice guys, real appreciate it. We are arriving late afternoon on first day so technically it's about 4 days worth.

Old 02-02-2020, 04:48 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

Thanks all for the advice guys, real appreciate it. We are arriving late afternoon on first day so technically it's about 4 days worth.

Ipoh, go lost world, can spend whole day there. I just left Ipoh to Penang this morning. Taking train to Butterworth then ferry to Penang island.
Ipoh shop and restaurants close very early, beware.
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.