Day trip to KL

Reaction score
Hi

I am planning to go to KL for a day trip some time next week. Going to 2 places specifically, petaling st and klcc.

I have booked flight to KL at around noon and return flight at 9+pm.

I am planning to use grab for transportation over there, from airport to the 2 venues and then back to airport.

Can anyone advise if this is a good and feasible method of transit for the short amount of time I have there?

Will have about 5 hours to do my stuff. In the past i normally take coach to KL and flight back so this is a slightly different experience.

I have concerns on the distance between the airport and the destinations, and that it may cost quite alot to take a grab.

Would appreciate any advice on the recommended mode of transport.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I've bought a return trip KLIA Express ticket for KLIA and KL Sentral. from KL Sentral will grab to the venues, then grab back to KL Sentral and finally KLIA Express back to KLIA.

I think this is more feasible, but may have less time to do my stuff.

Arina Hashimoto

Reaction score
fastest way is take the train loh. KLIA express.
from airport to kl sentral 30 mins only
then from there u can take grab/taxi counter

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can take KJ Line to both Petaling St and KLCC. It's quite fast and the frequency is quite good. It may be faster than taking Grab since you may be caught in the jam especially in the afternoon.

LRT-Train-from-KL-Sentral-Station-to-Pasar-Seni-Station-300x187.jpg

You may need to walk a bit from the LRT station.

From-Pasar-Seni-LRT-to-Petaling-Street-1024x674.jpg

KLCC is further down the line.

LRT-Train-from-KL-Sentral-to-KLCC-300x282.jpg

[Image Credit: https://klsentral.org/]

beanstalk6

Reaction score
The LRT is probably faster than a car. Moreover, transfers are seamless within KL Sentral. As someone has pointed out. Both KLCC and Jln Petaling are accessible on the same line. KLIA Ekspres and LRT all the way- definitely the fastest way you can accomplish your itinerary.

Reaction score
wtf why dont u go for 3D2N?

Gf don't allow overnight for safety concerns. she can't acc me. :(:s13:
fastest way is take the train loh. KLIA express.
from airport to kl sentral 30 mins only
then from there u can take grab/taxi counter

most likely will grab from kl sentral but considering LRT now too after the responses above.

thanks all for the replies. ;)

bbmars1128

Reaction score
Day trip? which day? Good luck with the traffic.... peal hour, best to avoid by car..... avoid BB during peak hours.

If you can... but I don't think anyone would be that crazy like what I did. Walk from BB to KLCC and back then to PS... super fast walking speed.... 30min

I think that is too much..... > 10 years ago.... when I was still in my peak physical condition. I won't recommend.

Reaction score
Day trip? which day? Good luck with the traffic.... peal hour, best to avoid by car..... avoid BB during peak hours.

If you can... but I don't think anyone would be that crazy like what I did. Walk from BB to KLCC and back then to PS... super fast walking speed.... 30min

I think that is too much..... > 10 years ago.... when I was still in my peak physical condition. I won't recommend.

Thursday. Yes the KL city traffic is quite jialat. Found out in the past when I took grab/cab.

Hoping traffic is slightly better on a thurs but most likely will take lrt from KL sentral to petaling (pasar seni). To klcc, havent decide between grab and lrt.

Reaction score
did the trip yesterday. I had a brief schedule in mind but unforeseen circumstances had me overshot a bit.

firstly the unexpected super long queue at the arrival hall at klia2. made me reach petaling an hour behind schedule.

then an issue at the market had me spend almost another hour there. left that place about 515pm. had to squeeze with the rush hour crowd at the lrt to klcc then back to kl sentral.

reached airport about 720pm and had ample time for another meal and some rest before a slightly delayed flight back home. overall a good and tiring trip. :)

Wilberttt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did the trip yesterday. I had a brief schedule in mind but unforeseen circumstances had me overshot a bit.

firstly the unexpected super long queue at the arrival hall at klia2. made me reach petaling an hour behind schedule.

then an issue at the market had me spend almost another hour there. left that place about 515pm. had to squeeze with the rush hour crowd at the lrt to klcc then back to kl sentral.

reached airport about 720pm and had ample time for another meal and some rest before a slightly delayed flight back home. overall a good and tiring trip. :)
Was it worth the effort for a day trip of a few hours there?

Arina Hashimoto

Reaction score

i read also feel very tired.
seriously not that i want to screw your relationship

but insecure, needy and toxic girlfriend will suck the life out of you eventually
my ex gf didnt allow me to travel overseas alone. thats why shes my EX gf now. HAHAHAHA

Reaction score
Was it worth the effort for a day trip of a few hours there?
i'd say yes cos I got the stuff I wanted.:)
i read also feel very tired.
seriously not that i want to screw your relationship

but insecure, needy and toxic girlfriend will suck the life out of you eventually
my ex gf didnt allow me to travel overseas alone. thats why shes my EX gf now. HAHAHAHA

hahaha. far from that lah. I could have stayed overnight If i really persisted.
but this was my first solo trip anywhere and I had some safety concerns on KL too.:o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.