HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dental clinic in jb

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2017, 09:59 PM   #16

I've just visited this dental clinic today.
Did scaling and polishing for RM100 and tooth fillings for RM120.
Dentist attended to me was precise and polite. Even checked with me if I would like to take a look at my tooth before and after fillings. Will return for next appointment next year.

Thanks for the recommendation!
Habrosus likes this.
ShinoNayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:11 PM   #17

I've just visited this dental clinic today.
Did scaling and polishing for RM100 and tooth fillings for RM120.
Dentist attended to me was precise and polite. Even checked with me if I would like to take a look at my tooth before and after fillings. Will return for next appointment next year.

Thanks for the recommendation!
What time did you arrive at the clinic? Any prior booking or walk-in?
ericsoon72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:48 PM   #18
Master Member

Is it possible to just to do X-rays and get them?

Folks, do you know if that clinic (or some other clinic) can do x-rays and email them to me without doing any actual dental work?
invisible999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #19

Folks, do you know if that clinic (or some other clinic) can do x-rays and email them to me without doing any actual dental work?
No idea if such service is provided - give them a call.
hwsstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #20

What time did you arrive at the clinic? Any prior booking or walk-in?
I don't know ShinoNayuki's time table but in the 3rd post of this forum, I did some recommendations as to making appointment & best times to be there.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #21

Sorry for late reply...

It was a my first visiting so no appointment is needed. But subsequent visits I think better to call for appointment.

Anyway I went in like around 11am.
ShinoNayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #22

Gah.... RCT and crowning is cheap! My wife just did RCT and crowning for molar. SGD 1200 for RCT and SGD 900 for crowning (metal+porcelain). Wodetian....
Old 13-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #23

Gah.... RCT and crowning is cheap! My wife just did RCT and crowning for molar. SGD 1200 for RCT and SGD 900 for crowning (metal+porcelain). Wodetian....
Ringgit or SGD?
Old 13-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #24

I recommended a friend, & his wife is in progress with Root & Crowning.
He says: She's quite satisfied with her dentist for root canal treatment.
Subsequently he took his daughter to the same clinic. Unfortunately her experience is different.

She did 3 fillings. 1 of them came out the next day; & so she consulted SG dentist to fix it. The SG dentist told her one of the other fillings looks funny (or weird looking) & may get dislodged too.

Last edited by hwsstx; 13-09-2017 at 04:51 PM..
Old 20-11-2017, 06:57 PM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just visited ch tee on Fri for a consultation at noon. Not those fanciful clinics, environment similar to our polyclinics 10 yrs ago?

Not much privacy, rather open concept imo. And the doctor and assistants have a pretty casual demeanor. Chit chatting and laughing.

Though the doc does give off a vibe of confidence. Rather assured when I was assigned to her. Will share more after subsequent visits.
zeyarlinaung likes this.
Insatiable_creat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 12:12 AM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

Finished my root canal and crowning. Total damage 1900rm. Saved almost 800-1k sgd. Made a total of 4 visits. The queue and jam at the customs during this holiday period is a biatch...

If one wants privacy, state of art equipment, and one on one attention and dedication, this is not the place for you. Strictly a no frills clinic for the masses.
zeyarlinaung and hwsstx like this.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:15 PM   #27

Finished my root canal and crowning. Total damage 1900rm. Saved almost 800-1k sgd. Made a total of 4 visits. The queue and jam at the customs during this holiday period is a biatch...
I shared your experience with my ex-classmate who is a dentist in Penang; he says:

What's important is there shouldn't be any pain or discomfort post treatment,esp. after rct.If the dentist is very experienced and skillful in doing rct,he may get by with basic rct equipment,without the need for state of the art equipment,hence lower charges.But RM 2000 is also about the rate here for rct+crown for molars.
zeyarlinaung likes this.

Last edited by hwsstx; 02-01-2018 at 12:32 PM..
Old 02-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nice, these info and will come in handy when needed. Dental in Sin is long wait + no subsidy.
matrix05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:40 PM   #29
Arch-Supremacy Member

I shared your experience with my ex-classmate who is a dentist in Penang; he says:

What's important is there shouldn't be any pain or discomfort post treatment,esp. after rct.If the dentist is very experienced and skillful in doing rct,he may get by with basic rct equipment,without the need for state of the art equipment,hence lower charges.But RM 2000 is also about the rate here for rct+crown for molars.
Thanks for the lobang. So far so good. Hope it stays well for many years!
Old 09-01-2018, 11:18 PM   #30

Any review for U dental Center@Sentosa? Their website shown pretty advance leh..
Svtwkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.