HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dental clinic in jb

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2018, 02:02 PM   #61

1) consultation and procedure done on my first visit. Was in pain already, so really glad they started working on it the moment we agreed on the price. If you can wait, go after the June holidays.

2) I made a total of 4 visits. I believe it depends on the complexity of the procedure too. There is also a risk that your tooth cannot be saved so u may end up making more visits. Rm1900 was the price I paid, and it includes the x-rays and misc too. Iirc, sg ones charge these separately.

3) can't really answer on their behalf. You have to call to ask, if u can get through. I was attended by Dr Cheng. A lady in her late 40s or early 50s. Pretty ok with her demeanor.

As mentioned in my earlier posts, you have to manage your expectations. They have a different working style and culture than sg. Hope it works out well for you.
Hi, thanks for reply, when you say luckily they started treatment upon confirmation of quote so they can only start treatment a on 2nd visit ? I just went to polyclinic Dentist, he mentioned cannot be saved, zzz. I was thinking whether to go CH TEE to ask whether can save. Alternatively, if extract and implant, where to recommed for implant, good and cheap? Whether to do in Singapore and claim medisave or go JB CH tee, any recommendations? Anyone?
PIDANEGGIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:22 AM   #62
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks for the update
hmmm yes my decayed tooth has been removed completely. and yes i need an implant followed by a crown. sorry i got root canal all mixed up with implant.

https://www.doctorxdentist.com/denta...tist-tells-all
seems like i can claim S$1250 from medisave. my first dentist gave me a S$3k quote total. my outlay would be ~S$1.8k
if 5.5kMYR is similar to SG pricing S$1.8k. lppl. hahaha
Guess i will make an appointment at polyclinic to have another quote.
wait crowning seems to be another cost ?
my 1st dr said s$3k+ for everything before subsidy.
RM1900 in CH Tee includes both root canal and crowning and x-rays for one tooth. I do not know if the RM5k+ for implants I was quoted includes the crowning. All the best.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:31 AM   #63
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, thanks for reply, when you say luckily they started treatment upon confirmation of quote so they can only start treatment a on 2nd visit ? I just went to polyclinic Dentist, he mentioned cannot be saved, zzz. I was thinking whether to go CH TEE to ask whether can save. Alternatively, if extract and implant, where to recommed for implant, good and cheap? Whether to do in Singapore and claim medisave or go JB CH tee, any recommendations? Anyone?
It means everything including the treatment started on the first visit.

Seeking a 2nd opinion is fine, since alot of polyclinic dentists are just fresh grads. My last exp with one was bad when he heard me mentioned that I did my root canal in JB. Guess it peeves them that people here are going there for treatment.

I digress, but you must know that there is a risk with root canal too. If it fails, you would have paid extra for nothing, then have to top up another sum for implants.

Go check out the cost of doing implants for your tooth and work out the sums just like what the other poster did. The sum I was quoted for a molar implant was RM5.5k+. Yours might be cheaper. Go ask in the edmw subforum, since we only focus on Malaysia here. Good luck.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #64

i would like to guess molar teeth are more expensive becos they are way inside your mouth.
i dont know what mine falls under becos it is in between.
hahahaa.. not too back, not too front.. so when i smile, my gap is still hidden somewhat.

Now im just worried my teeth moves a lot during this few months period of healing after removal of my tooth. The doc told me not to worry. i actually have not been using much of that side of my teeth since but still the youtube videos show how horrible the neighbouring teeth will collaspe when there is the gap for prolong period.
proddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:52 PM   #65

Meaning I can do root canal treatment on first visit if it could be saved?
When I mentioned too costly for me, The dentist told me oversea treatment is cheaper like malaysia etc lol.

Doing implant, does the material used differs in term of cost? As there are different clinics offering vast difference in pricing.

It means everything including the treatment started on the first visit.

Seeking a 2nd opinion is fine, since alot of polyclinic dentists are just fresh grads. My last exp with one was bad when he heard me mentioned that I did my root canal in JB. Guess it peeves them that people here are going there for treatment.

I digress, but you must know that there is a risk with root canal too. If it fails, you would have paid extra for nothing, then have to top up another sum for implants.

Go check out the cost of doing implants for your tooth and work out the sums just like what the other poster did. The sum I was quoted for a molar implant was RM5.5k+. Yours might be cheaper. Go ask in the edmw subforum, since we only focus on Malaysia here. Good luck.
PIDANEGGIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:18 PM   #66
Arch-Supremacy Member

Meaning I can do root canal treatment on first visit if it could be saved?
When I mentioned too costly for me, The dentist told me oversea treatment is cheaper like malaysia etc lol.

Doing implant, does the material used differs in term of cost? As there are different clinics offering vast difference in pricing.
Yup. But you must be early. I doubt they can start work on your tooth if you reached near their closing hours. Again, there is a risk that the root canal procedure might fail, so be mentally prepared.

Can't advise you on the implant. You should try asking in edmw sub forum instead because of more users.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #67

mine was a similar scenario i guess... that was why i got mixed up betw rootcanal and implanting earlier

the dentist gave me option of root canal (save the decayed tooth) or extract it out and do implant
after which will do crowning.....

i choose the later option to extract it....thereafter the dentist said luckily i didnt choose root canal as he had a hard time removing my tooth.
he was pulling away with his pliers and my weak tooth was broken into bits at the joints which he held with the pliers when he did that. he did that for over 10mins...each time he would say coming out soon but then his pliers will fail, sigh and then repeat...... hahhaa
proddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 08:19 PM   #68

Yes it is right in front of Plaza Sentosa (right in front of the taxi stand for Plaza Sentosa). When it is not opened for business it has a yellow grate over the front of the shop.
Unfortunately I am still Junior to share the pic.
https://goo.gl/maps/XLwmKa8ccno

is this correct?
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 08:44 AM   #69

https://goo.gl/maps/XLwmKa8ccno

is this correct?
Yes.

Address details given earlier at the start (thread only in its 5th page) - go refer.

Last edited by hwsstx; 20-06-2018 at 08:47 AM..
hwsstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:09 AM   #70
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone did teeth straightening?
BigMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #71

Try a new dental clinic in serangoon central. The doctor quite good. And no nonsense guy. Very honest will not recommend you anything extra. Can see if he is cheaper. Should be call My Family Dental at Serangoon.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT
Spidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 02:59 PM   #72
Master Member

How about teeth whitening? How much and is it good?
dleodleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2018, 09:30 AM   #73

How about teeth whitening? How much and is it good?
Cost is in page 5.
hwsstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 11:26 AM   #74

Dental Clinic CH TEE
37-37A, Jalan Sutera, Taman Sentosa, 80150 Johor Bahru.
Johor Bahru, Johor 80150

+60 7-333 3372

Mon - Fri : 9am - 6pm
Sat : 9am - 5pm
Sun & Public Holidays : Closed
Lunch : 12:30pm - 2pm

Root: RM800
Crown: RM800
thks for info
planerflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:47 PM   #75
Supremacy Member

I just did my root canal at Q&M in SG. Cost me 1k for a molar. Still havent include the crown cost. I intend to do the crowning in Msia. Is it ok??
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.