HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dental clinic in jb

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2018, 05:49 PM   #76

I just did my root canal at Q&M in SG. Cost me 1k for a molar. Still havent include the crown cost. I intend to do the crowning in Msia. Is it ok??
I would say, it is your personal decision & it is up to the 2nd dentist whether to crown for you if he didn't do the RC in the first place.
hwsstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #77

My maid complained of toothache so I brought her to SG dentist for initial check. X-ray, antibiotics and mouthwash cost SGD 140. Maid had 2 decayed molars that needs to be extracted asap but the roots are broken so may need to surgically remove. In the end we were quoted SGD 500 upwards to surgically extract a tooth. Thankfully found out about C.H. Tee dental clinic in JB through the forum and went over last Friday morning. The queue outside the clinic was long but we only waited about one and half hours to see the Dentist. Dr Alex Lee who attended to us was a friendly young man who explained things patiently to my maid before he started. He managed to extract both decayed teeth normally and patched up 5 big fillings for her in less than 2 hours. Total cost was only MYR 800. My maid was so relieved the dental cost wasnt as bad as initial estimates.
Habrosus and hwsstx like this.
Evelyn133a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 08:07 AM   #78

My maid complained of toothache so I brought her to SG dentist for initial check. X-ray, antibiotics and mouthwash cost SGD 140. Maid had 2 decayed molars that needs to be extracted asap but the roots are broken so may need to surgically remove. In the end we were quoted SGD 500 upwards to surgically extract a tooth. Thankfully found out about C.H. Tee dental clinic in JB through the forum and went over last Friday morning. The queue outside the clinic was long but we only waited about one and half hours to see the Dentist. Dr Alex Lee who attended to us was a friendly young man who explained things patiently to my maid before he started. He managed to extract both decayed teeth normally and patched up 5 big fillings for her in less than 2 hours. Total cost was only MYR 800. My maid was so relieved the dental cost wasnt as bad as initial estimates.
Thanks for sharing. Glad the appointment went well for your maid.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #79

Going on sat
guys, usually causeway what time in morning will start to jam....

addon: i just googled and sat jam starts around 8am....

Last edited by goldsilvercity; 12-09-2018 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: add info
goldsilvercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 06:21 PM   #80

Went on Sat to CH Tee.

I miscalculated my journey I thought I will be safe reaching the causeway at 730am... in the end only reach CH Tee around 1030am. Sigh.

The lady dentist is nice. I have 2 problems, 1 is a cracked tooth and 1 is pain in another tooth. She said she has to solve the pain problem before attempting the cracked tooth problem (though cynical me may think she prefer more visits for money?)

The pain tooth, she say she will clean and fill it up for me instead of going to root canal operations, ask me visit again 2 weeks later. If the pain stops, then there is no need for root canal. If the pain persists, then she will go to next step then.
This is why I though at least she tries other ways before going for the big operation (which is more costly)

sigh. after this pain solve, the cracked one probably crowning, which is going to be expensive also
Old 18-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #81

Went on Sat to CH Tee.

I miscalculated my journey I thought I will be safe reaching the causeway at 730am... in the end only reach CH Tee around 1030am. Sigh.

The lady dentist is nice. I have 2 problems, 1 is a cracked tooth and 1 is pain in another tooth. She said she has to solve the pain problem before attempting the cracked tooth problem (though cynical me may think she prefer more visits for money?)

The pain tooth, she say she will clean and fill it up for me instead of going to root canal operations, ask me visit again 2 weeks later. If the pain stops, then there is no need for root canal. If the pain persists, then she will go to next step then.
This is why I though at least she tries other ways before going for the big operation (which is more costly)

sigh. after this pain solve, the cracked one probably crowning, which is going to be expensive also
Thanks for sharing. What's the dentist name?

Aug 2017, for me:
- Root Canal, RM 800 (05Oct2019: Mistake. I did not go thru this.)
- Crown, RM 800
Dr Terk did it for me.

Last edited by hwsstx; 05-10-2019 at 09:01 AM..
Old 18-09-2018, 05:32 PM   #82

Aug 2017, for me:
- Root Canal, RM 800
- Crown, RM 800
Dr Terk did it for me.
Same! Dr Terk!
looks like i have to spend the RM800 x 2 too... i have 1 root canal (suspected) and 1 crown (suspected)
sigh. oh well i guess it is a lot cheaper than in SG
Old 18-09-2018, 07:31 PM   #83
High Supremacy Member

Aug 2017, for me:
- Root Canal, RM 800
- Crown, RM 800
Dr Terk did it for me.
Good info guys. Esp those who put the dental work done and the price in RM.
matrix05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 10:35 PM   #84

Good info guys. Esp those who put the dental work done and the price in RM.
Very useful info & experiences are in the 1st 2/3 pages of this forum.
Old 26-09-2018, 07:39 PM   #85
Master Member

Any other dentist IN JB to recommend for Crown implant. Need to do for 2 front tooth...
m1kid85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #86

they say got one good one at Bukit Indah near to Jusco area
Believek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 06:58 PM   #87
Supremacy Member

they say got one good one at Bukit Indah near to Jusco area
I think that's Tiew & Partners... somewhere across the road from Tesco...
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 12:48 AM   #88
Master Member

any good one near holiday plaza?
m1kid85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 02:29 AM   #89

Hi all!

After reading all the posts, would most prob go to CH Tee for an appointment to do filling.

Wondering if anyone had bad experiences there?

Abit scared cause not in SG.
fabianshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 06:59 AM   #90

I think that's Tiew & Partners... somewhere across the road from Tesco...
My wife went there every 6 months for scaling and polishing for rm120-130.
Habrosus likes this.
oetem is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.