Genting FAQ - Part 3

datolim

Reaction score
Yeah...here's another option for small time punters if they are on a 3-day (or more) trip to GH:

If u r able to open a Maybank Malaysia savings account, their system allows Cardless Withdrawal from Maybank ATM's...the catch is u r limited to max RM300 only per day withdrawal.

Key is tat u dun carry yr atm card along to GH thus u hv no choice but to call it a day till the next day...lol...of course la, be sure u dun hv any other avenues to get funds like yr credit card..leave all cards at home...otherwise it's LPPL..

Just bring one lump sum of yr choice...and if u lost the lump sum before the last day then the Cardless Withdrawal limit of RM300 can tide u over daily till the day u leave GH...๐Ÿ˜ Total budget of losses u r willing to suffer must factor in the cardless withdrawals as well...

It just feel not right if I don not response here.
You need someone with a Maybank Malaysian account to introduce you to open an account.
Then the money deposited must be in MYR.
By default the max for daily withdrawal is MYR 2,000.
Then after your 3 days do you want to leave your money in the account or close the account.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The tolls were around rm80 each way right?

The drive to Genting is straightforward after following twilight route Cheras/Kuantan.:o returning leg is tricky as google and Waze indicate different route respectively.:o I ended up choose the shortest distance offer by google which is heading to kl/Batu cave and via tun Razak cutting through the heart of kl Sentral and directly exit through nila toll.:o shorter distance but quite messy and confusing route.:o need to open eyes big and closely listen out to google map instruction.:o this route however will cost additional 2.5 rm against the route that go by Cheras/Kuantan (Ampang) route where I came from Singapore.:o

For the Waze route it is leading me to E66 then cut through outer left wing (Ipoh) of kl central, never venture that as I am wary of E66 route.:o

Smarty2

Reaction score
It just feel not right if I don not response here.
You need someone with a Maybank Malaysian account to introduce you to open an account.
Then the money deposited must be in MYR.
By default the max for daily withdrawal is MYR 2,000.
Then after your 3 days do you want to leave your money in the account or close the account.

Lol... it's ok to respond la...nothing wrong. Seems u dun hv much exposure on this aspect tho i understand u r a freq biz traveller to KL.

I won't go into the details on how to open an account in M'sia..but just to correct u a bit - using atm card - limit is RM5K/day and not RM2K/day as u mentioned... here's the link:

https://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info/m2u/public/personalDetail04.do?channelId=ACC-Accounts&cntTypeId=0&cntKey=ACC08.01.01.01&programId=ACC08.01-ATMServices&chCatId=/mbb/Personal/ACC-Accounts

But bro, why r u talking abt withdrawal with card?..seems u dun understand the earlier post.

I was talking abt "Cardless" Withdrawal..not new in the market if u r willing to google a bit.

https://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info/m2u/public/personalDetail04.do?channelId=Personal&cntTypeId=0&cntKey=ACC04.12&programId=OB-OnlineBanking&chCatId=/mbb/Personal

My post is meant for those who alrdy hv the means and know how to open & maintain a Maybank Malaysia savings account... especially those who has biz/ company in Malaysia and goes in frequently like u do..๐Ÿ˜‰..

Thus, i will not go into yr assumption abt closing account after 3 days..๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚..as tho ppl are no longer going into Malaysia again after that single GH visit.

Last edited:

datolim

Reaction score
Lol... it's ok to respond la...nothing wrong. Seems u dun hv much exposure on this aspect tho i understand u r a freq biz traveller to KL.

I won't go into the details on how to open an account in M'sia..but just to correct u a bit - using atm card - limit is RM5K/day and not RM2K/day as u mentioned... here's the link:

https://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_in...TMServices&chCatId=/mbb/Personal/ACC-Accounts

But bro, why r u talking abt withdrawal with card?..seems u dun understand the earlier post.

I was talking abt "Cardless" Withdrawal..not new in the market if u r willing to google a bit.

https://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_in...gramId=OB-OnlineBanking&chCatId=/mbb/Personal

My post is meant for those who alrdy hv the means and know how to open & maintain a Maybank Malaysia savings account... especially those who has biz/ company in Malaysia and goes in frequently like u do..๐Ÿ˜‰..

Thus, i will not go into yr assumption abt closing account after 3 days..๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚..as tho ppl are no longer going into Malaysia again after that single GH visit.

You are free to post whatever you want. Just like I can do the same.

Your 2 links do not work.

As to I having no exposure to this. I have a Malaysian Maybank saving account.
I have MYR 5,000 daily withdrawal limit. But this I do by changing the default limit from MYR 2,000.

Again do you want to leave your money in the account or close your account.

Smarty2

Reaction score
You are free to post whatever you want. Just like I can do the same.

Your 2 links do not work.

As to I having no exposure to this. I have a Malaysian Maybank saving account.
I have MYR 5,000 daily withdrawal limit. But this I do by changing the default limit from MYR 2,000.

Again do you want to leave your money in the account or close your account.

Links are working very well...ask yr frens here to chk for u...lol..

U r asking funny question...u yrself hv left yr money in yr account, right?..thus it's entirely up to u wat u wanna do with yr $...dun ask for sake of asking...

Dun like my answer? Then skip my posts, dun read n dun even ask!

Last edited:

theavidtraveller

Reaction score
Any folks here have any idea what is the spending/gambling pattern in order to gain foc rooms with Genting Grand etc? Currently on SG Silver status and getting random 1N/2N FWH standard rooms with occasional deluxe.

Also, how hard is it to get to Gold? Seems like slots are clocking points very slowly, but some seem to get the points faster.

hwarzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any folks here have any idea what is the spending/gambling pattern in order to gain foc rooms with Genting Grand etc? Currently on SG Silver status and getting random 1N/2N FWH standard rooms with occasional deluxe.

Also, how hard is it to get to Gold? Seems like slots are clocking points very slowly, but some seem to get the points faster.
U need to hit 300 tier points in one year to reach gold.

Smarty2

Reaction score
maybank exchange rate sucks. when sg is 3.03, maybank use 2.98

and u dun think i didnโ€™t try withdrawing?

where in my post did i state is not bank withdrawal? or just because the rates are not what you are expecting thus you blanket the post as non-atm withdrawal?

Have u compared the exchg rates of withdrawals using POSB/DBS ATM card vs Maybank-SG or CIMB-SG ATM card in GH/Malaysia?

If Maybank exchg rate sucks, which bank card gives u the better rate for ATM withdrawal in Malaysia?

Last edited:

givansingapore

Reaction score

Get someone to sponsor you to Gold member area. Go to baccarat table and bet 1k on banker and player at the same time. You are effectively playing with 50RM if banker win, but earning the points for 2k. 1k is about 2.7TP in gold area. There is no loss but points earned if player or tie occurred. Use this strategy if gaining points is more important than winning money.

ALS-SONG

Reaction score
Just came back yesterday. Won 17K after playing roulette on a winning stretch of 20 rounds. Stop play after final round no hit.
Went to cash in my chips and request to get cheuqe but staff told cannot since I did not place my card on the table. Carry back all the cash to sg . Very stress๐Ÿ˜“ during the journey on the bus.

Smarty2

Reaction score
Get someone to sponsor you to Gold member area. Go to baccarat table and bet 1k on banker and player at the same time. You are effectively playing with 50RM if banker win, but earning the points for 2k. 1k is about 2.7TP in gold area. There is no loss but points earned if player or tie occurred. Use this strategy if gaining points is more important than winning money.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘...but Gold Club is commission based baccarat, bro. If kana Banker-win then minus RM5 for each bet of RM100 โ˜บ๏ธ...i wud suggest he go to Silver Club or any other general area baccarat tables which are using no-commission based system...but still sueh sueh kana B6 banker-win then lose RM50 for each RM100 u bet ๐Ÿ˜...but at least B6 not as common. Just aim for player streak trend...shud be fine.

Can also go Gold Club play roulette - place same bets on both red n black...also pray hard "0" green dun come out...๐Ÿ˜…

Last edited:

Smarty2

Reaction score
Just came back yesterday. Won 17K after playing roulette on a winning stretch of 20 rounds. Stop play after final round no hit.
Went to cash in my chips and request to get cheuqe but staff told cannot since I did not place my card on the table. Carry back all the cash to sg . Very stress๐Ÿ˜“ during the journey on the bus.

Worth the stress la bro๐Ÿ˜...imagine if u put yr card b4 bet and nvr kana...u hv nothing to bring back...HUAT AHH!!

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
Worth the stress la bro�...imagine if u put yr card b4 bet and nvr kana...u hv nothing to bring back...HUAT AHH!!
As a newbie i wanna ask. Is it compulsory for me to register a card?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5A using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.