HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Genting FAQ - Part 3

Like Tree168Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #3091

just last evening after dinner my wife n i decided to take a bus out fr home just to cool ourselves as well as have a view.
we set for about half and hour inside the cool bus, adjusted the aircon to our satisfaction then alight at a shopping ctr. walked for an hour. bought some groceries and returned home the same way. shiok.
during that trip we were thinking of getting a midhill condo in genting (crazy right) but think of future hot persistent rising temperature it may be crazy afterall. probably everyone will be thinking how to live in a cooler place too. aircon is not feasible long term wise. what u think?
Same thoughts here, bro..😁...absolutely great plan. Myself - long term plan is to hv a residence in a more cooling place like Genting or Cameron Highlands but Genting wud be a more attractive proposition - in terms of proximity to city life spots as well as potential for rent-out in case of change in future plans.

Btw.. there's a newly completed project affiliated to Swiss Garden International @ Goh Tong Jaya - r u aware of it? I can share with u via pm if u r interested.

Last edited by Smarty2; 14-08-2019 at 11:59 AM..
Smarty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 12:31 PM   #3092
Supremacy Member

Same thoughts here, bro..😁...absolutely great plan. Myself - long term plan is to hv a residence in a more cooling place like Genting or Cameron Highlands but Genting wud be a more attractive proposition - in terms of proximity to city life spots as well as potential for rent-out in case of change in future plans.

Btw.. there's a newly completed project affiliated to Swiss Garden International @ Goh Tong Jaya - r u aware of it? I can share with u via pm if u r interested.
for me idea is land of smile~~~~~~~~~
open a b&b and diving school at a resort and enjot my silver years
but that will need another 10 years of my kiddo studies
huat ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
vaxvms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 01:47 PM   #3093

for me idea is land of smile~~~~~~~~~
open a b&b and diving school at a resort and enjot my silver years
but that will need another 10 years of my kiddo studies
huat ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I think for myself key is the weather...i cannot tahan too hot a weather...
dino-dina likes this.
Old 14-08-2019, 04:28 PM   #3094

Me too. And it will only get hotter in future due to climate change.
vsvs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 05:10 PM   #3095

Me too. And it will only get hotter in future due to climate change.
Exactly, bro...the cooler weather is a main consideration now - even europe region is getting hotter.

If u r interested to know about some newly completed developments nearby GH do let me know as i hv some marketing/ promo pdf's from a friend in KL who's in property sector.
Old 14-08-2019, 05:29 PM   #3096
Master Member

Having a property at Genting sounds good... but still have concerns over safety and crime rate... Also, will flash floods be something to think about too?
beast78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 10:24 PM   #3097

Having a property near genting good idea? Maye after some period of time, it will be back to genting gain.
mobile2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 11:07 PM   #3098

Any nice massage places in Genting to recommend?
ichinisan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 11:34 PM   #3099

thks bro
but its just a thought.
surely not immediate or near term.
in fact what i didnt say earlier in the conversation with wifey also included what we can do there and also asking ourselves why we wld want a condo if we are always given crockford rooms even to stay uphill. thanks for willingness to share anyway.
ghregular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 11:37 PM   #3100

Any nice massage places in Genting to recommend?

http://thaiodyssey.com/outlets/pahan...ting-highlands
ghregular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 01:58 AM   #3101

Exactly, bro...the cooler weather is a main consideration now - even europe region is getting hotter.

If u r interested to know about some newly completed developments nearby GH do let me know as i hv some marketing/ promo pdf's from a friend in KL who's in property sector.
Thanks. But can't afford.
vsvs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #3102
Supremacy Member

i will not invest in MY property
if really wan stay there just rent loh
vaxvms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 03:37 PM   #3103

Wish I could go genting, this month everywhere also burning things then the weather also soooo hot and humid

Even when I walk past the kallang river near schneider electric building where it's usually VERY windy, today no wind at all
This Aug month shud be plenty of rooms available bah - as it's the 7th Lunar/Hungry-Ghosts mth...some ppl pantang...but myself not so superstitious type. U shud be able to secure a complimentary room for Aug...try call up, more flexibility to get better hotels apart from FWH.
Old 15-08-2019, 07:30 PM   #3104

Not true for this year. This mth genting is full of "gambling ghost" from my and sg.

Why? because genting is giving away a car every wednesday lucky draw.
mobile2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 07:39 PM   #3105

This Aug month shud be plenty of rooms available bah - as it's the 7th Lunar/Hungry-Ghosts mth...some ppl pantang...but myself not so superstitious type. U shud be able to secure a complimentary room for Aug...try call up, more flexibility to get better hotels apart from FWH.
They gave me another 2 comp nights for this month after I return from my trip last week.
givansingapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.