HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Genting FAQ - Part 3

Like Tree289Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2019, 12:14 PM   #4636
Master Member

wah really worth it for BF at RM27.6 for that price
Breakfast after 40% discount RM27. 60 nett is about $9. Worth.

Lunch RM 48 Nett is about $16. Really recommend the lunch. I go Chinese restaurant 1 noodle 1 drink + service charge + tax already almost close.

My last visit for lunch I eat until got indigestion. Eat too much because the spread have a lot that I like.
hwarzoner and amazingone like this.
vsvs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #4637
Supremacy Member

i understand need to chop on the hotel room receipt for the discount, so is per room per person for the discount?
hwarzoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 01:40 PM   #4638

Likely one receipt for one room 2 person bah, but i never confirmed that.

i understand need to chop on the hotel room receipt for the discount, so is per room per person for the discount?
mobile2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 02:03 PM   #4639
Arch-Supremacy Member

How's the crowd?

Sent from Mercedes-Benz E250 using GAGT
usual crowds loh
vaxvms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 03:25 PM   #4640

coffee terrace not nice one le
i rather go din tai fung or any other restaurant
Old 17-11-2019, 04:09 PM   #4641
Supremacy Member

I have to split my post into a few parts since the forum doesn't let me post more than 8 images in a post.

Just for sharing.

Part 1:

Departed from the night bus at around 10:30 PM, reached FWH at around 5:50 AM the next day. Wanted to do early check in at around 6+ AM but saw this instead.

Spoiler!

Ate at Terminal 2 just to get free WiFi. Food wasn't the best, so just treat it as tea break and payment for WiFi.

Spoiler!

Walked around when I was waiting for rooms to free up, and noticed that Crockfords hotel had Christmas decorations up already.

Spoiler!

I always wanted to try Marrybrown since you can't find it in SG. Personally, it doesn't taste as good as KFC and the fries were kinda soggy, so I wouldn't recommend it tbh.

Spoiler!

I also found the Crunchy Peanut that our forum friends were talking about.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Cryophoenix; 17-11-2019 at 04:11 PM..
Cryophoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 04:14 PM   #4642
Supremacy Member

Part 2:

I mentioned about Food Factory previously in this thread, but I've never actually ate at the place before. It was a different buffet restaurant the last time I went to Genting a couple of years ago, so I decided to try the buffet and check the spread.

Here is the full spread that I tried to capture. For RM35, it's probably not the most worth it, especially since most of the food was just carbs and fillers designed to make you full easily.

Spoiler!
Old 17-11-2019, 04:21 PM   #4643
Supremacy Member

Part 3:

It was my first time visiting Chin Swee Temple. So it was quite confusing cause I didn't know where to wait for the bus. Turns out it's on the middle platform in FWH lobby. You will see a sign detailing the bus timings.

Spoiler!

Here is a menu of the vegetarian restaurant food.

Spoiler!

Climbed up the pagoda, was sibei peng after climbing 8 floors. The view from 8th storey.

Spoiler!

Saw the magical formula to cure all illnesses. Don't say never share.

Spoiler!

Heard about Burger and Lobster so I went to check it out. Didn't try cause it was kinda expensive but took a photo of the menu.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Cryophoenix; 17-11-2019 at 04:24 PM..
Old 17-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #4644
Supremacy Member

You can view the full imgur album here. Any questions can just ask.

https://imgur.com/a/qZJVjnd

Forum thread was helpful in planning for my trip so I must contribute back. Hope the info is helpful to others.
Old 17-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #4645
Supremacy Member

Departed from the night bus at around 10:30 PM, reached FWH at around 5:50 AM the next day. Wanted to do early check in at around 6+ AM but saw this instead.

That's normal. The earliest I ever check in at FWH was my last trip earlier this month when I got the room at 0830 hrs.

Here's a tip for those who are not particular about all the room options and just want the first available room.

You can scan your passport in advance at the kiosk, scroll through the screen until you reached the screen where you are asked to select 1 key or 2 key. Then you can try playing 'fastest finger first' (Just like WWTBAM gameshow! )

Position yourself at a kiosk when you can see the number of rooms in the main display. The moment a room becomes available, you quickly pressed the no of keys you required.

This is good for those who are using the FWH as a temporary room while waiting for their room at Maxim/GG to be ready.
Paul Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 05:23 PM   #4646
Supremacy Member

That's normal. The earliest I ever check in at FWH was my last trip earlier this month when I got the room at 0830 hrs.

Here's a tip for those who are not particular about all the room options and just want the first available room.

You can scan your passport in advance at the kiosk to retrieve your registration details, scroll through the screen until you reached the screen where you are asked to select 1 key or 2 key. Then you can try playing 'fastest finger first' (Just like WWTBAM gameshow! )

Position yourself at a kiosk when you can see the number of rooms in the main display. The moment a room becomes available, you quickly pressed the no of keys you required.

You may have to wait for a while and if the screen time out, you can rescan your passport again.

This is good for those who are using the FWH as a temporary room while waiting for their room at Maxim/GG to be ready.
Paul Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 08:23 PM   #4647
Supremacy Member

You can scan your passport in advance at the kiosk to retrieve your registration details, scroll through the screen until you reached the screen where you are asked to select 1 key or 2 key. Then you can try playing 'fastest finger first' (Just like WWTBAM gameshow! )

You may have to wait for a while and if the screen time out, you can rescan your passport again.

True. I think there were 2 or 3 rooms available from 8 AM onwards but I wanted a queen bed so it's a lot rarer. The other hotels are quite expensive so I'll only stay at those if they offer complimentary nights. Not really worth paying for me as I mainly use hotel to bathe and sleep.
Old 17-11-2019, 10:08 PM   #4648
High Supremacy Member

Which slot machine would u choose to play?

1) Previous player cashed out RM3.
2) Previous player cashed out RM300.
EveMuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 11:53 PM   #4649
High Supremacy Member

Is there a shuttle bus from first world to the premium outlet ?

Or can only go using the cablecar ?
tt32003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 12:19 AM   #4650
Supremacy Member

Is there a shuttle bus from first world to the premium outlet ?

Or can only go using the cablecar ?
Only saw the cable car option when I was there.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.