Genting FAQ - Part 3

ivanhoe

Reaction score
actually if you are able to reserve two rooms for the same period using your name, i believe they hv to accept the same passport for chk in else you hv a case.
but i think u can only book different htl on the same date. they cant be that korkup.

Already booked two rooms using difference card have to pay money, nowadays only given one day free and can continue to book again but with charges.

givansingapore

Reaction score
Cannot. The second room cannot use the same passport as first room.

I check before. Cannot have 2 rooms booked under same name. Inconvenient when I change room type for different days. I have to check out of first room then they allow me to check in to new room unless I have another passport.

I never encounter such issue for different check in dates. Don't know if they have tweaked their check in system or not.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey Paul

For Texas Hold 'Em Poker Min RM25. Do you think RM500 is able to last long or should I start off as RM1000? Only placing the min bets only and the Jackpots.

Others with opinions, feel free to share and reply on this post.

For Texas Hold 'Em Poker, even with min 25 bet, 1 hand min is already $100. So $500 is like only 5 hands. If you lucky of cos it will be enough but if you unlucky, 5 hands all gone liao.

I have seen people start with 500 and do well. Also have seen people 5 hands all gone. So really depend on your luck :s13:

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advise if there are direct bus from puchong to genting?

There's not direct bus from Puchong to Genting operated by Genting. I'm not sure about other private bus companies.

You can check this link for all the schedule and pick up points around the Klang Valley. >> https://new.rwgenting.com/gettinghere/busterminal/

I will be heading to Genting Highland for the first time.

May I know whether if it is true that Singaporean will automatically be awarded with silver membership?

I will be taking Aerobus from Pekeliling Terminal to Awana Skyterminal, anyone have any experience taking it? Will it be advisable to prebook online if I am heading up on Good Friday?

Also, I will be getting the chips package which comes with a meal voucher. Where will be a good place to utilise this voucher?

Thank you.

#1 Yes. It's ture Singaporean will get silver.

#2 It may not be a bad idea to prebook online if you are heading up on Good Friday.

#3 For the Golden Package Meal Redemption, I highly recommend the Chicken Chop Rice from Hou Wei. The Curry Mee is also not bad. The Peace Cafe Express Noddles set also not bad. Avoid Pot Luck Chicken Rice. Also the rice set from Good Luck.

Good luck!:s12:

ariel16

Reaction score
For Texas Hold 'Em Poker, even with min 25 bet, 1 hand min is already $100. So $500 is like only 5 hands. If you lucky of cos it will be enough but if you unlucky, 5 hands all gone liao.

I have seen people start with 500 and do well. Also have seen people 5 hands all gone. So really depend on your luck :s13:

Thanks paul. i think shall start at 1k for texas if really got open slot for me.
Heading up this coming vesak day.

dabaiying

Reaction score
Hi, what are the nicer hotels now that have a better view anyone know? I see some face the construction site so don't know which hotel face the valley one..

ghregular

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, what are the nicer hotels now that have a better view anyone know? I see some face the construction site so don't know which hotel face the valley one..

while stay at corckford. i saw these hotels or something wonder if its ready for staying? anyone has any idea?

20190322-115240-1.jpg

aLeX84

Master Member
Reaction score
They don't allow if the 2 room bookings are from the same hotel on the same check-in date. They won't allow it even if you go to counter to perform the check in. The staff asked why a person would need 2 rooms for a night in the first place. They don't care whether you pay for the 2nd room or not.

I'm sharing based on personal experience and I'm Platinum tier at the point of my experience.

This one I can believe.. alot of ppl use their room entitlement to book 2 room, one room to stay and another to rent out on AirBnB to subsidize their uphill trip :s13:

https://www.airbnb.com.sg/s/Genting-Highlands--Malaysia

aLeX84

Master Member
Reaction score
while stay at corckford. i saw these hotels or something wonder if its ready for staying? anyone has any idea?

20190322-115240-1.jpg

The leftmost building is Amber Court, rumoured to be one of the top ten haunted hotels in Asia. A film named "Haunted Hotel" was even produced there in 2017. Stay at your own risk :s13::s22:

What would you say is the scariest thing about Haunted Hotel?

Definitely the location (Amber Court in Genting), because of its reputation as one of the top 10 haunted hotels in Asia and the spooky stories of people who died there. I've filmed other horror productions before, but not in a famous haunted location like that. But I did do Hashima Project, a Thai horror movie which was shot on the abandoned Hashima island.

ghregular

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw from the looks of it from tripadvisor reviews i think this grand ion delemen wont be long become like amber!

actually it was marketed as serviced apt by nct of msia but either the unsold units were used as hotel stay or owners gave up. so since 2016 it was booked by people who just wanted a try with mostly not so good reviews as the hotel ages. i think at first it was run by best western int'l. but is no longer now.

anyway why wld i want to stay there and come to genting?

aLeX84

Master Member
Reaction score
let me tell u why book 2 room

1 room for stay

another room for ad-hoc activity :D

:s13: married ppl problems.. I think moi won't even dare to book same hotel for ad-hoc activity tbh.. maybe GG for family and RH for hanky panky :D

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13: married ppl problems.. I think moi won't even dare to book same hotel for ad-hoc activity tbh.. maybe GG for family and RH for hanky panky :D

GG /maxim for family
FWH for ad-hoc since all operating at sky + dun waste the points :D

tcwehcs

Reaction score
I have booked a hotel at First World Hotel Zouk Genting Standard Package at 248RM instead of usual 385RM. Is there any difference in the room? Can’t find much on the booking site. Also is it usually cheaper to book direct than through booking.com, agoda?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.