Genting FAQ - Part 3

Like Tree247Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #1246
Supremacy Member

Anyone went for the durian festival?
evolute8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 02:18 PM   #1247

Bro, can check with you how to know if the room is good? and can u explain upgrading fee too?
In general a good room would be the following

1) Mountain view - This ensures that your room is looking out. It is especially important if you are staying at FWH. Rooms without mountain view will have windows that look out to other rooms.

2) High floor - You should get as high a floor as you can. Rooms on low floors often have views which look out to the ceiling of other buildings at Genting with exhaust vents blowing all sort of stuff into your room

3) Near lift - This is useful if you are staying a FWH. Given the size of the hotel, a room that is not near lift could be a considerable walk away. Given the number of times you are likely to go to and from your room, this could be a real hassle. Other than that, the further the room is from the lift, the more likely you are to end up with a room with some funky design flaw. For example, the corner rooms tend to be odd shaped and smaller.

In the past, you could ask for the good rooms without have to pay for it. So many people did so however that it led Genting to monetize it by charging Rm 5 for each request. Even then, demand for good rooms is usually so overwhelming that you often cannot get a good room even if you are willing to pay. My own personal experience that the best time to get a room with Mountain View, High Floor and Near Lift is to check in between 11 am and 12 noon.

If you arrive at some odd time and get stuck with a lousy room, 11 am to 12 noon is also the best time to go to reception the following day to request for a change. Lot's of people do this which is why if you do an early check in at 6 am, you are likely to get some of the worst rooms at Genting.
Habrosus likes this.

Last edited by aurvandil; 30-05-2019 at 02:27 PM..
aurvandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 02:51 PM   #1248

I always pay for mountain view, near lift and high floors too.

Y5 deluxe don't seem to have mountain view so I book Y5 triple even though I don't have 3 person.

But I thought with checkout time at 11am, rooms won't be cleaned in time if checkin close to 11am.

Good rooms also subject to room availability. So I was thinking maybe next time stay at FWH deluxe room which seems to have the most room.
vsvs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #1249

I always pay for mountain view, near lift and high floors too.

Y5 deluxe don't seem to have mountain view so I book Y5 triple even though I don't have 3 person.

But I thought with checkout time at 11am, rooms won't be cleaned in time if checkin close to 11am.

Good rooms also subject to room availability. So I was thinking maybe next time stay at FWH deluxe room which seems to have the most room.
On average I will get my room by 1 pm if I check in at 11 am. It would be very rare to get one immediately given the number of people requesting for these rooms.

If you arrive after 4 pm, you will most likely not be able to get one of these rooms even if you are willing to pay. Your best bet would be to get the best room you can and then change the next day at 11 am.

Last edited by aurvandil; 30-05-2019 at 03:20 PM..
aurvandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 04:40 PM   #1250

Bro, can check with you how to know if the room is good? and can u explain upgrading fee too?
For me after the long journey I would rather get into the room right away where available and rest.
Can always request a room change to the specific room you want for the following days.

Rooms left over are not necessary bad. It could be that their system spread out the cleaners work load on the different floors so that one floor is not full and another is near empty.

You can check with reception. But their system assign the rooms not based checkout already but booking date. In fact I think reception can buzz the cleaners and ask the cleaner to clean your room first as customer is waiting. When your room is ready the cleaner will just flip a switch and don't have to clear with reception.
No need to hang around the FWH lobby and wait for your room to be cleaned.

I would only add that you can ask for a mountain view room facing KL and if you are staying in Tower 3 to get a room close to Tower 2 and you can use Tower 2 lifts. Long walk to T3 lifts.

Last edited by JohnTKS; 30-05-2019 at 05:01 PM..
JohnTKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 06:02 PM   #1251

For me after the long journey I would rather get into the room right away where available and rest.
Can always request a room change to the specific room you want for the following days.

Rooms left over are not necessary bad. It could be that their system spread out the cleaners work load on the different floors so that one floor is not full and another is near empty.

You can check with reception. But their system assign the rooms not based checkout already but booking date. In fact I think reception can buzz the cleaners and ask the cleaner to clean your room first as customer is waiting. When your room is ready the cleaner will just flip a switch and don't have to clear with reception.
No need to hang around the FWH lobby and wait for your room to be cleaned.

I would only add that you can ask for a mountain view room facing KL and if you are staying in Tower 3 to get a room close to Tower 2 and you can use Tower 2 lifts. Long walk to T3 lifts.
Wah. Got such thing as mountain view facing KL. Any reason for that ? Better view or what ?

For tower 3, can use tower 2 lift at every floor or only lvl 8 ?

Last edited by vsvs24; 30-05-2019 at 06:04 PM..
Old 30-05-2019, 06:26 PM   #1252
Supremacy Member

i always choose carpark view for maxim or GG
can see KL when sky is cleared
vaxvms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 06:55 PM   #1253

i always choose carpark view for maxim or GG
can see KL when sky is cleared
Same same - facing helipad.
Smarty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 10:02 PM   #1254

Wah. Got such thing as mountain view facing KL. Any reason for that ? Better view or what ?

For tower 3, can use tower 2 lift at every floor or only lvl 8 ?
Better view of KL lights at night.
Can use every level.
Old 30-05-2019, 11:20 PM   #1255

I have encounter asking by them if i am the guest of fwh, they told me only guest can store. i think also depend to their storage load and the storage guy.

My opinion, I think try not to let them knowing you are not a guest
Ok .taking overnite bus so reaching at 6am .hope storage is still ample then
happy_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 12:25 AM   #1256

Better view of KL lights at night.
Can use every level.
Sorry. 1 more question. KL view means no mountain view ?
Old 31-05-2019, 07:51 AM   #1257
Supremacy Member

Look out the window, down the mountain can see KL. As opposed to having to face a neighboring building.

My last trip window was facing a scary-looking building, I didn't even dare to keep it open.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 08:44 AM   #1258

In GH you are surrounded by mountains, All you are doing is choosing the side of the hotel where you see not only mountains but the side which includes the KL view.
Old 31-05-2019, 09:15 AM   #1259
Master Member

Go genting at night no good. I go before reach actually at 3.00am had to queue at counter cause check in machine is close. There are queue at the counter. I wait from 3.03am to 6.48am waste a lot of time and have to pay rm25(rm15 counter early check in RM10 taxes) instead of rm15(rm5 machine early check in RM10 taxes). Nearly 4 hours wasted just for queuing.
Angtehkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 09:57 AM   #1260
Supremacy Member

Same same - facing helipad.
superstar alighting from alphard to GG saw few time already
smoking so 4get go take selfie haha

but not seen any heli shadow even once
vaxvms is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.