HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ipoh my home town :)

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #1

Ipoh my home town :)

Most of us been traveling to other countries or famous cities like Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Malacca, Bali, Phuket, Bangkok . But do you know that Ipoh is a great place to visit as well ?

1) Nice British architecture and rich history

Do you know Ipoh is the first town in Malaysia to have a car? and therefore the number plate registration of cars from Ipoh always start with "A" . It used to be a very rich town because of tin mining and therefore it is very rich with history. If you visit the place, You will almost feel like you have zoomed back to the 70s

2) Good local food

Ipoh hor fun , of course , the real one is here. Anyone in Singapore that serves Ipoh hor fun in dry type is a fake. The true original Ipoh kai si ho fun (Shredded chicken hor fun ) is soup based and extremely nice , the hor fun will melt in your mouth. and Ipoh hor fun is a just one of the example of good food. There are many others like yong tow foo and hakka noodles, Minced Pork Noodle etc. The reason the food is so good is because of the competition is very strong; Anyone who doesn't cook well will be forced to close down since there will be no business

3) Temples and Caves

So there are many temples that was housed in the caves and you can feel the peace and tranquility when you visit the temples/caves. but there is one temple near Ipoh , that apparently is very famous because those who wishes there got their wish granted. A 30 minutes drive from Ipoh and you can reach there. Many pple from all other towns in Malaysia or Singapore come to Ipoh to make a wish here.

4) 80+ Nice cafes around the city

Well , while you were travelling and enjoying the good food, you or your teenage kids can also enjoy a slew of nice cafes in Ipoh that has recently sprouted out. Check out this link

Hipsters Cafe

5) No traffic Jam and plenty of night life hangout area

Point A to Point B in Ipoh is always 25 minutes Maximum by car No hassle of traffic jam. Life really slows down here, and of course there are now many local bistros serving international draft beer, which I actually enjoyed, (yes I am a beer and whisky drinker). Occasionally you may bump into local Ipoh beauties and yes, Michelle Yeoh (Crouching Tiger Hidden dragon) is from Ipoh, and I bumped into her once in Ipoh swimming club , near where she stays.

6) Water Rafting and Caves exploration

About 30 minutes drive from Ipoh, you can visit Gua Tempurung and the Orang Asli village. The caves is quite allright when you visit the upper one, and if you like adventures like me, there is an option where you can choose to go explore the under cave where you will have to get wet. It was the best caves exploration experience I had. Also, not to mention the white water rafting option you can choose. Cameron Highlands is also just an hour drive away from Ipoh. The roadtrip scenery up the mountain is astounding.

7) Water park and hot spring

Well, if you like Sunway Lagoon in KL, there is also a Sunway Lost world in Ipoh, and also Ipoh have a few natural hot spring and one of the best one is award winning Banjaran Hot Springs. Google it and you will see all the good reviews

Well I hope for your next holiday destination, you do consider Ipoh (There are actually many daily direct flights to Ipoh now from Singapore) Just within an hours time, you will be transported to the serenity and tranquility of Ipoh, the city surrounded by lush green hills.

You may ask me anything about Ipoh and I will try my best to help

When in doubt, travel !
Raythetour
Friend First, Tourist 2nd

Last edited by tongkualongan; 25-04-2017 at 09:15 AM..
tongkualongan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 04:59 PM   #2

Whats good for dinner in Ipoh? Many coffeeshops operate early and close early.
I have many choices for breakfast and lunch, but dinner choices are not a lot.

Prefer to eat local food. THanks in advance!
(no beansprouts chicken pls, i find it very over rated_
limkopilimteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 11:11 PM   #3

i find the flight frequency between singapore & ipoh alot less & flight timing aren't favorable as well. so i wonder if it's good idea to fly to KL, then KL sental -> ipoh via KTM?

what are the car & bike rentals rate like? require international driving license? include insurances?

about getting around ipoh, are there public bus available?

thanks!
rrr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 12:26 PM   #4

Dinner Delicious Local Food choices

Whats good for dinner in Ipoh? Many coffeeshops operate early and close early.
I have many choices for breakfast and lunch, but dinner choices are not a lot.

Prefer to eat local food. THanks in advance!
(no beansprouts chicken pls, i find it very over rated_
well, actually quite a lot.

Cowan Street
The famous lou wong bean sprout chicken that every foreign tourist go is actually over rated, we locals go to the one at cowan street ,which doesn't have a fix schedule of opening. Waiting time for that one is quite long between 10-30 mins so bring a book or play with FB

Jalan Jubilee
This yong tau foo place is very famous for the locals. The Beef tendon balls, and beef balls are hand made, one of the very very few left in Ipoh that still practices this. It used to be in menglembu but now it is at Jalan Jubilee, city center. There is a queue system there so be prepared to wait for about 20 to 30 minutes.

Jalan Ali Pitchay
Also known as "Small Genting" 小云顶 , there is a night kai si ho fun ( chicken shredded noodle ) that is run by 2 ladies, who has been cooking at this stall for 30 years or so. They are the "anchor tenant" and there are about 10 other food stalls there you can sample the food ( Satay, lok lok, bbq fish, hokkien noodle etc) . Overall not bad. There also used to be a Chinese Indian couple running a indian food stall which is very popular and tasty. However, they disappear 2 months ago, I am still tracing where they are now. Good food.

Jalan Sultan Ekram (Dinner + Supper)
Also known as "Tong Sui Kai" 糖水街 , or "Wai Sik Kai" 贪吃街. One whole row of food stalls, easily 50 of them in a row . I like the beef noodles towards the end of the row with a model cow head hanging at the stall front. He has been operating the stall for 30 years shifting to diff places and for the last 10 years was at tong sui kai. The cha keow teau stall, wanton noodles stall and the desserts stall are favourites as well.

Hoong Tho @ Jalan Bandar Timah
This place has been here since the beginning of time . Also a local favourite with very localised dishes (Sang har mee / wat tan hor etc ). Again prepared to wait Non air conditioned sit down style with pre war ambience. The Wok Taste is there.

Pusing Public Restaurant @ Jalan Horley
The only restaurant in my thread here that is Air conditioned. It is Tzi Char style where you can get delicacy dishes like abalone etc. The steamed big prawns is super good and also the stewed lamb ( Have to order 1 day in advance ) This is the pricier restaurant but then if you convert SGD to myr, it is very value for money for the quality of food. Again this place is packed and recommended to book in advance.

Wooley Food City @ Canning Gardens

Massive food court with a wide variety of food. From dry curry noodles to cha keow teau to rojak . There have all sorts here, for variety you can visit this place. Finding parking will be a challenge

Yik Foong Makeshift food stalls @ Jalan Laxamana
(only Supper)
This place only starts to get busy 10pm till late. So if you go pub hopping or clubbing and need some food afterwards, you can come here. The hokkien prawn noodles are superb and of course, prepare to wait

Snow Flake Beer Yun Wah @ Jalan Bijeh Timah (only Supper)
Well this is not so much of the food but the beer. The beer is famous not because of the brand of the beer , but because the method of storing and pouring of the beer. It is semi frozen and when you pour out the beer , thus creating snow flakes like texture and make it very easy to drink. The beers are just normal Tiger, Carlsberg or Asahi. You have to try it to believe it. You can order finger food and some noodles to go with the beer. Open air near the road side with some breeze.

My Mum Home cook food

Of course last but not least , my mum hakka dishes at home. The yong tau foo is all hand made with fresh fish and minced pork and salted fish. The drunken chicken noodles with home made wine and many more now I miss home lol

Well, I am sure there are few more that I cant think of at the moment, will write more soon

the above food places are all local and either open air or non air conditioned in the building with very affordable prices.
The only Exception is Pusing Public restaurant that is air conditioned and pricier.

Happy Dining!

Raythetour
dleodleo likes this.

Last edited by tongkualongan; 17-12-2016 at 01:55 PM..
Old 24-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #5

i find the flight frequency between singapore & ipoh alot less & flight timing aren't favorable as well. so i wonder if it's good idea to fly to KL, then KL sental -> ipoh via KTM?

what are the car & bike rentals rate like? require international driving license? include insurances?

about getting around ipoh, are there public bus available?

thanks!

Flights
Basically there are currently 3 airlines flying direct from Singapore to Ipoh and I have tried all 3

Malindo Air
Daily
10:00 am departure, reach Ipoh 11:25 am

Tiger Air
Daily
3:20 pm departure, reach Ipoh 4:40 pm

Fireflyz
Daily
9:40 am departure, reach Ipoh 11:20 am
2:30 pm departure, reach Ipoh 4:10 pm

My favourite is Malindo Air because the planes are new with a touch screen entertainment system , and also the ambience is better than the other 2 air lines.

Well it depends on what you like to see, if you have relatively more time, then the train option is not bad as well, quite an experience to take the train looking at the country side. But then the timing of the train and the recent spike of prices of the express train from KLIA to KL Sentral is not very encouraging.

For me I think it is still better to fly direct as within 4.5 hours maximum, you will reach door to door from your house in Singapore to anywhere in Ipoh, inclusive of flight waiting time.

Once you land in Ipoh, you will immediately feel the tranquility and you can see that you are surrounded by hills. The airport checkout is a breeze cause of the small airport size

Car Rental and public transport
I am not sure about the bike rental rate but car rental would be from 40 SGD to 100 SGD depending on the size of the car. Yeah, by right you will be required to have international license but I think SG driving license is sufficient. I used my Sg Driving license in Ipoh and so far, am all rite. The police checks are not very frequent in Ipoh but unless you are speeding or something then you will have to show your license, which you can actually sip in rm50 behind any card and you will be ok. ( Don't quote me )

Public transport is not recommended as Malaysia public transport is not reliable. The buses schedule are not predictable and also it is relatively hard to get taxis as well. (Taxis are metered but the taxi drivers won't use it, so its a game of negotiation)

In fact that is the reason why my dad is doing a highly personalized tour guide service which is all inclusive of food, transport, temples etc for very small group (2-3 person ). Tourist feedback is that they cant find the places they want to go and transportation sucks big time, leaving bad experience for the tourist.

As for my dad RayTheTour.com , he is a young retiree and just want to showcase Ipoh to pass his time and make new friends He speaks very good English.

So please come to Ipoh and have a good relaxing time, be it using car rental, tagging on with your local relatives or engaging a tour guide.

Raythetour

Last edited by tongkualongan; 24-04-2017 at 04:21 PM..
Old 25-12-2015, 01:08 PM   #6

Thanks for your info!

personally, i just enjoy to explore around in various transport
choosing KL or even Penang as start because there are more flight timing option available.

actually thinking of penang sungei nibong -> ipoh amanjaya -> medan kidd now. is medan kidd considered near ipoh town center?

Kledang Hill looks interesting.

Public transport is not recommended as Malaysia public transport is not reliable. The buses schedule are not predictable and also it is relatively hard to get taxis as well. (Taxis are metered but the taxi drivers won't use it, so its a game of negotiation)

In fact that is the reason why my dad is doing a highly personalized tour guide service which is all inclusive of food, transport, temples etc for very small group (2-3 person ). Tourist feedback is that they cant find the places they want to go and transportation sucks big time, leaving bad experience for the tourist.

As for my dad, he is a young retiree and just want to showcase Ipoh to pass his time and make new friends He speaks very good English.

So please come to Ipoh and have a good relaxing time, be it using car rental, tagging on with your local relatives or engaging a tour guide.

Raythetour
rrr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #7

Folks! One more thing to notice is

If you are planning a holiday to Ipoh,

Please avoid going to Ipoh during CNY period as most of the famous and locally popular shops and eateries will be closed, also most of the locals will be back and probably the only time of the year that most of the main streets will have traffic jam.

Cheerios and Happy New Year in advance!

Raythetour
dleodleo, goh6570 and Andrew833 like this.

Last edited by tongkualongan; 17-12-2016 at 01:56 PM..
Old 04-01-2016, 01:31 AM   #8

Thanks for your info!

personally, i just enjoy to explore around in various transport
choosing KL or even Penang as start because there are more flight timing option available.

actually thinking of penang sungei nibong -> ipoh amanjaya -> medan kidd now. is medan kidd considered near ipoh town center?

Kledang Hill looks interesting.
Yes Penang is just 2 hours drive to Ipoh and KL is about 2 hours + . Lots of connectivity to Ipoh as well via buses or trains.

Aman Jaya is off town but medan kidd is very near to old Ipoh center and considered town. It is also near to the Ipoh railway station also known as Ipoh Taj Mahal
Old 04-01-2016, 05:43 PM   #9

Thank you for the info. Just came back from Penang not long and planning to go to Ipoh. Which hotel would you suggest to stay? Hopefully in the city and with lots of malls and/or makan places within walking distance.
pacetone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 09:53 AM   #10
Supremacy Member

Frequent traveller to Ipoh simply because I love the place and the food (Am a Singaporean). Quiet and peaceful, safe to walk in the streets. People are generally friendly.

Personally would prefer to go to Ipoh via night bus that departs 10/10.30pm from Larkin. Usually reach around 5-6am then I will cab to Ming Court for old school HK-style tim sum, you might even have to share a table with other diners if they get really busy. After tim sum will go to hotel to leave my luggage, then head to old town area for satay, sa-hor-fun and kopi + egg on bread. roam around and eat as I go. Salt-bake chicken is one of my fav must eat as well as pomelo (if in season). Shopping is very much like JB shopping centre. I go there to eat and chill more than I shop. Can spend some time watching movie also. Though their soy bean is a must drink, I find the one mixed with grass jelly is better. A corner away from the soy bean stall is those brewed herbal tea, one of my favs too. I simply walk all over the town area to where I want to go (10-40mins), munching as I go.

Don't see a need to visit cafes when we have plenty in SG, Ipoh is like the old SG. Take it slow and easy and enjoy the sights. Many old folks doing their crafts in even older shops. It's quite a sight.
babyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 12:01 AM   #11

Thank you for the info. Just came back from Penang not long and planning to go to Ipoh. Which hotel would you suggest to stay? Hopefully in the city and with lots of malls and/or makan places within walking distance.
Hi Pacetone,

I think there is no one single hotel I can think of at the moment that fits that criteria, simply because there aren't many shopping centres in Ipoh.

You will also need to lower your expectation on the quality of the hotels in Ipoh, not to say they are bad, just mainly 3 stars hotels. Its simple but cozy enough to sleep in.

Closest hotel that can fit your description maybe "Classic Studio" in Ipoh Oldtown https://www.airbnb.com.sg/rooms/4925734?s=xJHn2YtN

You can also check out The Happy 8 Retreat @ Old Town Ipoh, basically any residences(mostly hostel like) that are in old town is a good spot , as all the good food are within walking distance and you can also enjoy the British architecture.

If I were to divide the area , these will be the few regions :

1) Old town Area
Mainly boutique hostels but the best place to stay, to get a feel of old Ipoh and its charm and food. Classic Studio , Sekeping , The Happy 8 retreat etc. All attractions within 20 minutes walking distance. (Little India, Railway Station, Kong Heng famous chicken hor fun, Suet Fa beer, the Padang etc)

2) New Town Area
Syuen, Excelsior, Ibis, WEIL etc ( WEIL and IBIS are better hotels cause they are new ) ,staying in this area, is within walking distance to Ipoh Parade shopping centre, famous beansprout chicken restaurants, Tong Sui Kai , Pasar Malam , Menglembu Yong tau foo etc.

3) Tambun Areas
These area is where you are close to the Lost world of Tambun, owned by Sunway. You can check out Banjaran hot spring , it is by far the most luxurious hotel in Ipoh and can cost 400-500 SGD a night, there is apparently a hot spring and excellent spa retreat surrounded by limestone hills , as part of the facilities of the hotel. so If you feel like splurging and going for a retreat, this is the hotel, book early cause it is popular.

4) Other Areas
Mainly for business stay , Impiana hotel (4 star) , Heritage (Near horse racing course) , MH hotel (near Jusco shopping ), Tower Regency Hotel, all the hotel mentioned here are the bigger ones.

5) Unique hotels
There are 2 very unique hotel I would like to mention, one is the Indulgence ( which has won some award for the food ) and now they have themed rooms that are really nicely decorated, It was an old colonial bungalow transformed into an up class eatery and accommodation.
The other one is a hostel in Ipoh Swimming Club. It is nestled in an up class residential area and only club member access, guests who stays here enjoy all the club facilities ( swimming pool, complete gym room, squash, tennis, sauna , jackpot room etc ) https://www.airbnb.com.sg/rooms/10309160

Hope this helps!

Raythetour

Last edited by tongkualongan; 17-12-2016 at 01:56 PM..
Old 19-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #12
Master Member

Hi,

There's a new hotel. Weil Hotel - I saw their booth at Natas fair last year. Was told that they are located behind or beside Ipoh Parade (I have forgotten is behind or beside). http://www.weilhotel.com/

Tat location should be quite good, walking distance to the 2 famous dimsum restaurant too.
tongkualongan likes this.
dleodleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 09:42 AM   #13
Master Member

Hi Pacetone,

I think there is no one single hotel I can think of at the moment that fits that criteria, simply because there aren't many shopping centres in Ipoh.

You will also need to lower your expectation on the quality of the hotels in Ipoh, not to say they are bad, just mainly 3 stars hotels. Its simple but cozy enough to sleep in.

Closest hotel that can fit your description maybe "Classic Studio" in Ipoh Oldtown https://www.airbnb.com.sg/rooms/4925734?s=xJHn2YtN

You can also check out The Happy 8 Retreat @ Old Town Ipoh, basically any residences(mostly hostel like) that are in old town is a good spot , as all the good food are within walking distance and you can also enjoy the British architecture.

If I were to divide the area , these will be the few regions :

1) Old town Area
Mainly boutique hostels but the best place to stay, to get a feel of old Ipoh and its charm and food. Classic Studio , Sekeping , The Happy 8 retreat etc. All attractions within 20 minutes walking distance. (Little India, Railway Station, Kong Heng famous chicken hor fun, Suet Fa beer, the Padang etc)

2) New Town Area
Syuen, Excelsior, Ibis, WEIL etc ( WEIL and IBIS are better hotels cause they are new ) ,staying in this area, is within walking distance to Ipoh Parade shopping centre, famous beansprout chicken restaurants, Tong Sui Kai , Pasar Malam , Menglembu Yong tau foo etc.

3) Tambun Areas
These area is where you are close to the Lost world of Tambun, owned by Sunway. You can check out Banjaran hot spring , it is by far the most luxurious hotel in Ipoh and can cost 400-500 SGD a night, there is apparently a hot spring and excellent spa retreat surrounded by limestone hills , as part of the facilities of the hotel. so If you feel like splurging and going for a retreat, this is the hotel, book early cause it is popular.

4) Other Areas
Mainly for business stay , Impiana hotel (4 star) , Heritage (Near horse racing course) , MH hotel (near Jusco shopping ), Tower Regency Hotel, all the hotel mentioned here are the bigger ones.

5) Unique hotels
There are 2 very unique hotel I would like to mention, one is the Indulgence ( which has won some award for the food ) and now they have themed rooms that are really nicely decorated, It was an old colonial bungalow transformed into an up class eatery and accommodation.
The other one is a hostel in Ipoh Swimming Club. It is nestled in an up class residential area and only club member access, guests who stays here enjoy all the club facilities ( swimming pool, complete gym room, squash, tennis, sauna , jackpot room etc ) https://www.airbnb.com.sg/rooms/10309160

Hope this helps!

Raythetour,
Friend First, Tourist 2nd Raythetour.com
Very useful information. Now then I know that I went to new town ipoh on my last trip. So next time i will venture into old town ipoh.

So if want to drink the authentic ipoh white coffee must go to the old town and drink is it? Or anywhere in Ipoh will do?
Old 19-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #14
Master Member

Flights
Basically there are currently 3 airlines flying direct from Singapore to Ipoh and I have tried all 3

Malindo Air
Daily
10:00 am departure, reach Ipoh 11:25 am

Tiger Air
Daily
3:20 pm departure, reach Ipoh 4:40 pm

Fireflyz
Daily
9:40 am departure, reach Ipoh 11:20 am
2:30 pm departure, reach Ipoh 4:10 pm

My favourite is Malindo Air because the planes are new with a touch screen entertainment system , and also the ambience is better than the other 2 air lines.

Well it depends on what you like to see, if you have relatively more time, then the train option is not bad as well, quite an experience to take the train looking at the country side. But then the timing of the train and the recent spike of prices of the express train from KLIA to KL Sentral is not very encouraging.

For me I think it is still better to fly direct as within 4.5 hours maximum, you will reach door to door from your house in Singapore to anywhere in Ipoh, inclusive of flight waiting time.

Once you land in Ipoh, you will immediately feel the tranquility and you can see that you are surrounded by hills. The airport checkout is a breeze cause of the small airport size

Car Rental and public transport
I am not sure about the bike rental rate but car rental would be from 40 SGD to 100 SGD depending on the size of the car. Yeah, by right you will be required to have international license but I think SG driving license is sufficient. I used my Sg Driving license in Ipoh and so far, am all rite. The police checks are not very frequent in Ipoh but unless you are speeding or something then you will have to show your license, which you can actually sip in rm50 behind any card and you will be ok. ( Don't quote me )

As for my dad RayTheTour.com , he is a young retiree and just want to showcase Ipoh to pass his time and make new friends He speaks very good English.

Raythetour
Very useful information. It is indeed very difficult to travel via public transport in Ipoh. Taxi doesn't go via meter and I didn't see any bus stop when I was there.
Old 19-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #15
Master Member

well, actually quite a lot.

Cowan Street
The famous lou wong bean sprout chicken that every foreign tourist go is actually over rated, we locals go to the one at cowan street ,which doesn't have a fix schedule of opening. Waiting time for that one is quite long between 10-30 mins so bring a book or play with FB

Jalan Jubilee
This yong tau foo place is very famous for the locals. The Beef tendon balls, and beef balls are hand made, one of the very very few left in Ipoh that still practices this. It used to be in menglembu but now it is at Jalan Jubilee, city center. There is a queue system there so be prepared to wait for about 20 to 30 minutes.

Jalan Ali Pitchay
Also known as "Small Genting" 小云顶 , there is a night kai si ho fun ( chicken shredded noodle ) that is run by 2 ladies, who has been cooking at this stall for 30 years or so. They are the "anchor tenant" and there are about 10 other food stalls there you can sample the food ( Satay, lok lok, bbq fish, hokkien noodle etc) . Overall not bad. There also used to be a Chinese Indian couple running a indian food stall which is very popular and tasty. However, they disappear 2 months ago, I am still tracing where they are now. Good food.

Jalan Sultan Ekram (Dinner + Supper)
Also known as "Tong Sui Kai" 糖水街 , or "Wai Sik Kai" 贪吃街. One whole row of food stalls, easily 50 of them in a row . I like the beef noodles towards the end of the row with a model cow head hanging at the stall front. He has been operating the stall for 30 years shifting to diff places and for the last 10 years was at tong sui kai. The cha keow teau stall, wanton noodles stall and the desserts stall are favourites as well.

Hoong Tho @ Jalan Bandar Timah
This place has been here since the beginning of time . Also a local favourite with very localised dishes (Sang har mee / wat tan hor etc ). Again prepared to wait Non air conditioned sit down style with pre war ambience. The Wok Taste is there.

Pusing Public Restaurant @ Jalan Horley
The only restaurant in my thread here that is Air conditioned. It is Tzi Char style where you can get delicacy dishes like abalone etc. The steamed big prawns is super good and also the stewed lamb ( Have to order 1 day in advance ) This is the pricier restaurant but then if you convert SGD to myr, it is very value for money for the quality of food. Again this place is packed and recommended to book in advance.

Wooley Food City @ Canning Gardens

Massive food court with a wide variety of food. From dry curry noodles to cha keow teau to rojak . There have all sorts here, for variety you can visit this place. Finding parking will be a challenge

Yik Foong Makeshift food stalls @ Jalan Laxamana
(only Supper)
This place only starts to get busy 10pm till late. So if you go pub hopping or clubbing and need some food afterwards, you can come here. The hokkien prawn noodles are superb and of course, prepare to wait

Snow Flake Beer Yun Wah @ Jalan Bijeh Timah (only Supper)
Well this is not so much of the food but the beer. The beer is famous not because of the brand of the beer , but because the method of storing and pouring of the beer. It is semi frozen and when you pour out the beer , thus creating snow flakes like texture and make it very easy to drink. The beers are just normal Tiger, Carlsberg or Asahi. You have to try it to believe it. You can order finger food and some noodles to go with the beer. Open air near the road side with some breeze.

My Mum Home cook food

Of course last but not least , my mum hakka dishes at home. The yong tau foo is all hand made with fresh fish and minced pork and salted fish. The drunken chicken noodles with home made wine and many more now I miss home lol

Well, I am sure there are few more that I cant think of at the moment, will write more soon

the above food places are all local and either open air or non air conditioned in the building with very affordable prices.
The only Exception is Pusing Public restaurant that is air conditioned and pricier.

Happy Dining!

Raythetour
Thanks for the info.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.