Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score
My preference is Tebrau City as well, bigger with more choices.

You should be able to catch a bus from JB Sentral to Tebrau City, but I don't know the number/s coz I only take cab there.
I noramlly drive there but its quite far I feel so haven't been there for quite awhile..

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
If you want to take bus to Tebrau, you can take at JB sentral bus terminal (below the bridge after custom). No need to see bus number, just look for Tebrau signage which I usually do. Bus fare around RM2 or RM2.50. I have forgotten the fare. Have to have exact fare though. Journey takes around 30mins depending on traffic, alight at a bus stop along express way, you will see Aenon mall beside it. Taxi fare costs around RM20.

I love Tebrau cos got shopping area at Aenon Tebrau and across the road got Tesco hypermart.

But take bus coming back have to be beware of pickpockets. One of the members here ever cautious us about this. His friend was one of the victim i think.

That is why I always take bus there and take taxi come back cos I am scare. wahhaahhahaha.

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aeon Indah quite boring, yest just went, 1st time.

I went to do the Loop, enter at Tuas, out at Woodlands :s13: The CW3 driver back to Larkin was speeding on third lane, tailgating car like a badass, damn scary ride :s22:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is why I always take bus there and take taxi come back cos I am scare. wahhaahhahaha.
Where/how do you hail the cab? I normally head back around 4pm or so, and those at the gate will quote RM30 or even RM35. I don't feel comfortable with those queuing outside the Jusco exit so will walk out to the roadside shelter where a group gathers. =:p

Should I have gone straight to the queue instead? :o

Aeon Indah quite boring, yest just went, 1st time.

I went to do the Loop, enter at Tuas, out at Woodlands :s13: The CW3 driver back to Larkin was speeding on third lane, tailgating car like a badass, damn scary ride :s22:
You're right, I find Bukit Indah quite boring too, but it's more convenient to travel over. Coming back is another story coz I find it a hassle having to ensure the buses are heading for CIQ and not the JB terminal - no clear indication. So I've been resorting to taking cab back to KSL or JBCC instead. :o

daldrome

Reaction score
take uber in jb... the price is fixed they cant chop you

Good idea! but if we got no data plan in JB, must find a free wifi spot? and will we need data/wifi at the end of the trip to make payment?
Anyone tried grabtaxi (aka MyTeksi) in JB?

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where/how do you hail the cab? I normally head back around 4pm or so, and those at the gate will quote RM30 or even RM35. I don't feel comfortable with those queuing outside the Jusco exit so will walk out to the roadside shelter where a group gathers. =:p

You're right, I find Bukit Indah quite boring too, but it's more convenient to travel over. Coming back is another story coz I find it a hassle having to ensure the buses are heading for CIQ and not the JB terminal - no clear indication. So I've been resorting to taking cab back to KSL or JBCC instead. :o

they seem to have separate bus-stop for CW3 buses to Larkin/Perling and those going back to Tuas.

Going back to Tuas now board directly across the road at the bus-stop we alight for Jusco. Saw the bus stopped outside longer at the shophses and pple cross the road to board.

There is direct bus to JB Sentral, but must board at bus-stop without shelter outside Jusco carpark, I see pple wait under the tree. then it loop at other side of the big circle and pass by Tesco on way to JB Sentral. This one can take if doing reverse loop, enter woodland, out at Tuas. But I stay east side so quite far to return home from Tuas :s22:

wongu njie

Reaction score
Good day everyone, happen to find out a link that containing a list of Public Bus Number in JB Sentral & Larkin. Do hope this link will help those who often/frequent travel up north using public transportation.

Below is the link, just click on the Bus Number to view "Color" of the bus and click on the direction 1 or 2 to view the bus route on google map to help us know where we would alight/board the bus..

http://businterchange.net/johorbus/routes-list.html

Do take note that taking Public buses in JB:
1) Ask for a confirming answer from the bus driver/captain like going to giant - bukit indah, only then I'll pay the bus fare...
2) Waiting for the bus to move off from the sentral is Subjective to bus driver/captain, same goes to the bus frequency...
3) Do not use spore mindset that up north bus driver/captain will follow "rules"/"route", along the way some don't have a proper bus stop/shelter as long your location is reach just alight/board...

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good idea! but if we got no data plan in JB, must find a free wifi spot? and will we need data/wifi at the end of the trip to make payment?
Anyone tried grabtaxi (aka MyTeksi) in JB?

get a data sim like tron that will last 365 days for each 10rm topup...

I've once used myteski in jb and kana chopped...

Before the trip, i called the ask uncle to confirm that he will follow the app fare, he said yes... The fare show $20rm for the trip. However during the trip, the taxi uncle requested 10 rm extra due to him traveling from a far location to fetch me.... fked up people in malaysia...

That's why i said, use uber. The price is fixed and payment by credit card only. The uncle cannot request extra cash...

s330063

Reaction score
Thinking of going to JB for shopping trip with a friend by bus from Woodlands. In terms of shops, are there any difference between Aeon Tebrau City and Aeon Bukit Indah? We are thinking of getting office wear and maybe catching a movie.

If from Woodlands Bukit Indah is too far. Tebrau City will do.

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if going yourself take bus it's cheaper. but if you're going with friends like 2-3 more, take uber.. price from jb to Aeon Tebrau City cost around 14-20rm...
split each person only like 5rm...

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score

:o

Hi,

I took the cab outside Tesco, there are few taxis waiting at Tesco entrance. All quoted me RM20 but I bargain with them using Metre. None of them agreed except one old uncle, the metre fare costed RM18+. Thus end up we gave him RM20. So no different.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I took the cab outside Tesco, there are few taxis waiting at Tesco entrance. All quoted me RM20 but I bargain with them using Metre. None of them agreed except one old uncle, the metre fare costed RM18+. Thus end up we gave him RM20. So no different.

Thanks for the info! Yup, I've noticed a few taxis waiting outside Tesco, but never thought of taking from there coz I normally start shopping at Tesco first before heading to Aeon. =:p

Next time I'll make the effort to walk back to Tesco. :)

By the way from their foodcourt, they've this dish "Mee Rojak" which I've so far only seen in Tesco foodcourts (Tebrau and Bukit Indah). It's just the boiled yellow noodles topped with Indian rojak and the sauce. Simple but nice, good for a simple meal just under RM5. ;)

ayamkampung

Reaction score
Heard there will be high tides again in Johor which caused the flood in JB recently. I guess forumers should be careful when travelling over.

Cheers !

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Yup, I've noticed a few taxis waiting outside Tesco, but never thought of taking from there coz I normally start shopping at Tesco first before heading to Aeon. =:p

Next time I'll make the effort to walk back to Tesco. :)

By the way from their foodcourt, they've this dish "Mee Rojak" which I've so far only seen in Tesco foodcourts (Tebrau and Bukit Indah). It's just the boiled yellow noodles topped with Indian rojak and the sauce. Simple but nice, good for a simple meal just under RM5. ;)

bro... just use uber.... price is fixed and metered.... no need pay by cash, no need scare tio chop....

bbmars1128

Reaction score
If you want to take bus to Tebrau, you can take at JB sentral bus terminal........ Bus fare around RM2.4 or RM2.50.
But take bus coming back have to be beware of pickpockets. One of the members here ever cautious us about this. His friend was one of the victim i think.

Depending on which buses you take, its RM2.4 for 227 and the rest RM2.5 I think. Most time, 227 is always there waiting quite frequent though. So hardly got any chance of taking other buses. Did travel with others but 227 is more frequent like I said.

Coming back,.. yes, just beware, my colleague got picked. I am going there tomorrow. Was there 2 weeks ago but coming back also take bus. I practice looking around, ... continuously... pretend looking and be alert. even locals are not spared. Bus driver will probably know if they smell a thing, knew how these people operate.

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depending on which buses you take, its RM2.4 for 227 and the rest RM2.5 I think. Most time, 227 is always there waiting quite frequent though. So hardly got any chance of taking other buses. Did travel with others but 227 is more frequent like I said.

Coming back,.. yes, just beware, my colleague got picked. I am going there tomorrow. Was there 2 weeks ago but coming back also take bus. I practice looking around, ... continuously... pretend looking and be alert. even locals are not spared. Bus driver will probably know if they smell a thing, knew how these people operate.

if no jam, from jb to Tebrau city only cost $11.49-15 as shown below. that is peanuts for singaporean.... if going with colleague just take uber instead of taking bus. Minimise the chance of getting picked..
2cf9yea.png

Last edited:

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
get a data sim like tron that will last 365 days for each 10rm topup...

I've once used myteski in jb and kana chopped...

Before the trip, i called the ask uncle to confirm that he will follow the app fare, he said yes... The fare show $20rm for the trip. However during the trip, the taxi uncle requested 10 rm extra due to him traveling from a far location to fetch me.... fked up people in malaysia...

That's why i said, use uber. The price is fixed and payment by credit card only. The uncle cannot request extra cash...
10rm got how much data to use?

Sent from ME using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.