Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard a colleague say JB open 1 new shopping center. Can shop for household items + renovation items.

Anyone knows?

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard a colleague say JB open 1 new shopping center. Can shop for household items + renovation items.

Anyone knows?

i also heard from this forum jb open 1 new shopping center called paradigm mall. but i dunno if one can shop for renovation items but i think there should be shops that sell household items... :(

bbmars1128

Reaction score
Agree, if you are really so concern about safety, better not go. No point asking so much and reflecting negatively. its so counter productive asking.

I have been to JB many long years ago ALONE by myself based on information posted here.

1. ALONE, 1st time took buses to Tebrau Jusco not knowing anything except information provided by formers here, thank you to all for the help

2. Became more adventurous, walk over to Tesco, explore.

3. Exploring how to take bus to Denga City Mall - UO Store/Metro Jaya

4. Explore how to walk from City Square to Denga City Mall

5. Walk from Tebrau Jusco (then) to Johor Jaya Sunday morning market (8.45am) after my neighbour brought me there once by car.

6. Going to Sentosa isn't an issue as it is easily to find my way there
Walking from here to Pelangi and then to KSL is easy too.
Waking to the Tuesday pasar malam location is easy too, just that on the sun.
Find out where the Giant it located is easy...... all you need, prepare to walk when buses are not available.

Now, IKEA is just across the road from Aeon Mall. So call road sometimes very busy, but not as difficult to cross. of course, that's my standard, may not be yours. I have no issue walking briskly with better judgement (comparing with all my colleagues and friends who tagged along with me)

I meant no offence, its fine to ask for information, but I think over hype with too much negativity get people boiled up.

Perhaps, we should open and prepared with acceptance mind set before really asking if we are that seriously concern about safety.

Last edited:

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
Hello there, you buggers make it look so bad in JB. Well, put it this way, nobody denied that there were no unpleasant incidents in JB but it is not so rampant as you all put it. However there is nothing better than being cautious!
im not. im just reminding singaporeans to treat the rest of the world like how the rest of the world treats theirs.

the way i see it, singaporeans are being less cautious than the locals themselves when overseas lmao.

I'd say to those who ask if it is dangerous going to JB- don't go. After all, is it worthwhile to get into life-threatening situations over some $ savings? I feel that as a forummer myself, I am not in the position to give assurances because whatever happens to anyone is the luck of the draw. I do not want to be held accountable for any trip that goes awry. I also do not want to judge if the public perception of M'sia has no basis from the actual situation.
jb is known to be a haven for robbing singaporeans. its a known fact. theres also a very good reason why malls built with singaporean consumers in mind have security guards over the entire premise, and armed guards with rifles and shotguns are only a radio away. you cant do ppl's business if theres no ppl coming.

Agree, if you are really so concern about safety, better not go. No point asking so much and reflecting negatively. its so counter productive asking.

I have been to JB many long years ago ALONE by myself based on information posted here.

1. ALONE, 1st time took buses to Tebrau Jusco not knowing anything except information provided by formers here, thank you to all for the help

2. Became more adventurous, walk over to Tesco, explore.

3. Exploring how to take bus to Denga City Mall - UO Store/Metro Jaya

4. Explore how to walk from City Square to Denga City Mall

5. Walk from Tebrau Jusco (then) to Johor Jaya Sunday morning market (8.45am) after my neighbour brought me there once by car.

6. Going to Sentosa isn't an issue as it is easily to find my way there
Walking from here to Pelangi and then to KSL is easy too.
Waking to the Tuesday pasar malam location is easy too, just that on the sun.
Find out where the Giant it located is easy...... all you need, prepare to walk when buses are not available.

Now, IKEA is just across the road from Aeon Mall. So call road sometimes very busy, but not as difficult to cross. of course, that's my standard, may not be yours. I have no issue walking briskly with better judgement (comparing with all my colleagues and friends who tagged along with me)

I meant no offence, its fine to ask for information, but I think over hype with too much negativity get people boiled up.

Perhaps, we should open and prepared with acceptance mind set before really asking if we are that seriously concern about safety.
my dad came from a kampong kinda times. his father regularly helps the poor and the community and everyone respects their family. all the gangs back then, despite all their squabbling, would respect their family and is able to coexist tgt in their coffeeshop no problem.
and naturally, doors nvr lock also no problem.
and like all old man, a leopard cant change its spots. a dog cant change their habit of eating ****. he always leaves the door open and unlocked, and uses his lameass excuse that hes left his doors unlocked his entire life and has never ever been robbed.

we dont know who you are. you might be a fatass that isnt even worth a dime, and its counterproductive to rape, kidnap, or even attempt to harm you.
you might have alot of experience overseas alone.
noone knows. you stating u been to jb many times alone is, counter productive.
its ill advise to go to anywhere foreign alone, much less for a place with higher crime rates against a particular ethnic group/nationality

beanstalk6

Reaction score

Well said, above. Start with an open mind.

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just stayed a night over the weekend at holiday villa before heading to desaru. Worth the drive there!

Sent from Samsung CURVED UHD S8 using GAGT

cokiee

Reaction score
Thinking of doing stay in JB on the week before CNY. What hotels are in the range of Holiday Villa?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

beanstalk6

Reaction score
K thanks. The reason I asked is Google shows 17mins/1.3km lol. But guess can just cut across the road then.

Google assumes that people will only walk along mapped roads. Frankly, who walks like this? You can use Streetview to verify the route.

bbmars1128

Reaction score
im not. im just reminding singaporeans to treat the rest of the world like how the rest of the world treats theirs.

the way i see it, singaporeans are being less cautious than the locals themselves when overseas lmao.

Perhaps you have a point, I sometimes find that too among my friends.
jb is known to be a haven for robbing singaporeans. its a known fact. theres also a very good reason why malls built with singaporean consumers in mind have security guards over the entire premise, and armed guards with rifles and shotguns are only a radio away. you cant do ppl's business if theres no ppl coming.

FYI, whether they carry guns or riffle, I am not sure it is really effective. Even their guards can be the insider. Safe? worse than what you can imagine.

But there is a trade off. Imagine if terrorists strike, what should we do? chicken out? Life still has to go on, but ... rest no need to add on.. .many has been said in the press about terrorist strike and how we should carrying on with life

Common sense prevails in many places. Well, you are right. But I guess the way we put across makes the entire issue so negative.... as if..

We are here to gather information, learn to stay alert, "smarter" in dealing with situation from listening and sharing. Yes, but hopping too much on the negative really doesn't help and does not stopped the issue. So how? live life in fear like under the terrorist's threat? Then... guess the best is not to cross for your own fear of safety... the best I think

Even in UK when I was a students, I fear more than living in SG especially when I had to travel out at night and walking from Uni to home. I never like that feeling, Back then, I have no choice, situation can't be help. So have to stay alert and try to be street "smart"... actually not really, just avoid going out in the dark or try completing everything before night fall, sometimes not possible.

Same here going to JB, if someone is really not sure or at least willing to give it a try, why not? have some encouragement. You never know.

I hesitated for a very long time after reading so many bad news including those from my Johor relatives... Finally took up the courage to cross over alone (can't find kaki to join me then). Found many things not as bad as can it.

Even till now, just have to be careful especially at night. I just came back from Johor Jaya Pasar Malam/Tebrau Aeon trip. Not sure avoid, but I still can carry on with what I wanted to do.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps you have a point, I sometimes find that too among my friends.

FYI, whether they carry guns or riffle, I am not sure it is really effective. Even their guards can be the insider. Safe? worse than what you can imagine.

But there is a trade off. Imagine if terrorists strike, what should we do? chicken out? Life still has to go on, but ... rest no need to add on.. .many has been said in the press about terrorist strike and how we should carrying on with life

Common sense prevails in many places. Well, you are right. But I guess the way we put across makes the entire issue so negative.... as if..

We are here to gather information, learn to stay alert, "smarter" in dealing with situation from listening and sharing. Yes, but hopping too much on the negative really doesn't help and does not stopped the issue. So how? live life in fear like under the terrorist's threat? Then... guess the best is not to cross for your own fear of safety... the best I think

Even in UK when I was a students, I fear more than living in SG especially when I had to travel out at night and walking from Uni to home. I never like that feeling, Back then, I have no choice, situation can't be help. So have to stay alert and try to be street "smart"... actually not really, just avoid going out in the dark or try completing everything before night fall, sometimes not possible.

Same here going to JB, if someone is really not sure or at least willing to give it a try, why not? have some encouragement. You never know.

I hesitated for a very long time after reading so many bad news including those from my Johor relatives... Finally took up the courage to cross over alone (can't find kaki to join me then). Found many things not as bad as can it.

Even till now, just have to be careful especially at night. I just came back from Johor Jaya Pasar Malam/Tebrau Aeon trip. Not sure avoid, but I still can carry on with what I wanted to do.

guards and insider robbery.. seems abit far fetched.

the shopping mall's developer pays the local trials protection money aside from hiring the guards.
they cannot afford sinkies get robbed near their mall also. afew cases, their million/billion dollar investment gone liao. sinkie all dont go there liao.
many places in johor closed down cause of that also.

i dont see how some petty robbery would require such highly organised crime. if its an "insider job" they are after the assets in the shopping mall la, not u.
got once, nearby KSL got trial slashing case, u see KSL got guards with shotguns patroling liao.

i got a sinkie colleague drive to johor, leave child in car go pay petrol or something. turn back, car gone. luckily they search down the street found the child left at roadside, the robber tell the kid dont anyhow run somemore, his dad is coming to find him.

their general rule of thumb is stick to petty crimes. the police can still act like they doing their jobs. if got missing sinkie and johor sultan get involved, msia police sibeh efficient 1. all the trials n crimnals all dont need come out for next few months.

got KL relative, ever before driving at night, get tailed for a damn long time by the same car. lucky she noticed, stick to driving among populated roads, and confirm they up to no good when she get tailed for rounds at the same place.
drive and park at the police station, that car then zoom by. and she just sits herself at the station until family came n pick her up.

of course generally things arent as bad. just dont be the suay 1.

Last edited:

JustAnET

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Hi

I would like to ask for recommendations of hair salon inside City Square Mall?

Any salon that you have personally tried and find it is good?

Thank you.

bbmars1128

Reaction score
Perhaps, you never read in their presses, Security guards are the watch man for the robbery. Nothing new, can find many such news. Far fetch?

I know of many cases happened to my relatives in Johor and KL. Scare the hell of you. Just make story short. Not every thing is that bad, but not all are rosy too, like what you said. There are others unheard stories. Have you heard of robbery just happened outside the police station? Safe? nothing is safe. Even the police chief house gas been robbed. Even reported in SG news.

Thing is, no matter how safe it is, never take it for granted when overseas.

Your friend is luck, can still find the child..... Heard of missing child? Again in the press, they robbed car left kids in forestry area.
Petty crime? relative car went missing (think being eyed by syndicate), managed to call MY friend who happened to know SOMEONE. got the car back within 1 or 2 hours, pay $7K for admin charges on the same day. Petty?

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my neighbor came back from jb last week. bumped into them at our basement cp... they bought like 10 boxes of frozen abalone... each box contains 4...

as i helped the elderly couple to carry some of their stuff, the wife offered me a box of abalone... i pai say n thought it was very expensive... so told her its ok, slowly eat n save some for cny... she said not expensive, only rm5 per box!

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my neighbor came back from jb last week. bumped into them at our basement cp... they bought like 10 boxes of frozen abalone... each box contains 4...

as i helped the elderly couple to carry some of their stuff, the wife offered me a box of abalone... i pai say n thought it was very expensive... so told her its ok, slowly eat n save some for cny... she said not expensive, only rm5 per box!
U dare to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.