HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Johor Bahru - share is caring

Like Tree425Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2017, 11:55 PM   #4846
High Supremacy Member

i remembered coming across a coffee specialty cafe but cant remember where.
Vamos?

kosongice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 11:56 PM   #4847
High Supremacy Member

Anyone bought whole coffee beans in JB? Any suggestion?
KSL night market got sell.

Old 27-11-2017, 01:37 PM   #4848

Hello bros, can anyone advise for recent weekend is it still advisible to go in on Saturday by bus and what do u think is the off peak timing?
I went a month ago on Sat and was struck in the Q for 2 hours -_- still scared by that thought.

Train tickets are already sold out for Sat morning/afternoon.
mngedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #4849
High Supremacy Member

Hello bros, can anyone advise for recent weekend is it still advisible to go in on Saturday by bus and what do u think is the off peak timing?
I went a month ago on Sat and was struck in the Q for 2 hours -_- still scared by that thought.

Tickets are sold up to one month in advance, so it's usually snapped up online. Why bother going on a Saturday?

Old 27-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #4850

Any reason why "recent weekend" Saturdays will be more advisable? Especially when one month ago, you were stuck in the queue for 2 hours? School holidays on both sides now, mind you.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #4851
High Honorary Member

go in at 7-8am timing by bus seems ok leh, after that can enjoy dimsum then go shopping
mosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 04:03 PM   #4852
Arch-Supremacy Member

meldurm walk, the malay and chinese section will be closed for 3 months.
BigMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 04:22 PM   #4853

Nope. You haven't factor in the Q for Buses and jams. At Kranji, take more than 1hr even in early morning. Then Q again after custom. Then jam on roads. And you have to multiply by 2 as its both sides
efreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #4854

i remembered coming across a coffee specialty cafe but cant remember where.
Maybe will see if caffebene or starbucks coffee beans are cheaper in JB. I tried caffebene in Korea and was quite nice. But not too sure if Jb nice too (as not many pple lol)
efreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #4855
High Supremacy Member

Maybe will see if caffebene or starbucks coffee beans are cheaper in JB. I tried caffebene in Korea and was quite nice. But not too sure if Jb nice too (as not many pple lol)
Go Vamos.

Old 27-11-2017, 06:32 PM   #4856
Supremacy Member

If you don't like the crowd on a normal Saturday, you won't like the crowd on any Saturday during the school holidays. Seriously.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #4857

If you don't like the crowd on a normal Saturday, you won't like the crowd on any Saturday during the school holidays. Seriously.
Agree.... I am not sure why people still want to get stuck and go in on Saturday.... may be that's a free day... My daughter also does that despite the queue and jam.

School holiday weekdays is also not spared. Although it is still better than Saturday, there is always a built up crowd during this period and KTM train ticket, needless to say,. fully book way in advance especially coming back at favourite hours. Sometimes, the jam at causeway is terrible.... past few years ahs been like that. Sometimes, I will buy KTM ticket if I know when I am coming back to avoid the jam... However, on a few occasions, on KTM train, causeway had no jam.... so its really your luck
bbmars1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 01:53 AM   #4858

For train tickets.must book in advance before month.every ppl book it in advance most is on Fri to Sun.ppl are so kisau to book it in advance

Silverwolf76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 02:45 PM   #4859

I will be bringing back around RM 4K worth of fans/lighting back to Singapore. Should I be kiasi and declare GST via the Custom@SG first? Or try my luck see whether they check my car or not? I will be going in on a Monday via Woodland custom around 5pm timing.
ayuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #4860
Arch-Supremacy Member

I will be bringing back around RM 4K worth of fans/lighting back to Singapore. Should I be kiasi and declare GST via the Custom@SG first? Or try my luck see whether they check my car or not? I will be going in on a Monday via Woodland custom around 5pm timing.
sgd1k? i think if u have more than 3 people with u and u stayed in msia for more than 24 hours, it should be ok.

why dont u check their website? or ask the ica officer when u r on your way in to jb?
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.