Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can buy adult milk powder from Jb? Controlled item? Will Jb custom check yr bag?

Sent from Pocoyo fan club using GAGT
I see adult milk powder as a supplement rather than a daily/basic necessity, so I don't think it's in their control list. I may be wrong though, so it's best for you to go search for the said list.

Whether JB customs will check your bag, is largely depending on the situation on the day/time you're leaving. I don't think anyone can predict for sure.

How does tax work in Malaysia? If they say a laptop is selling for RM6299, does it already include the tax?
As with the shops here and also depending on where you buy from, it's best to double-check such a charge at the time of purchase.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see adult milk powder as a supplement rather than a daily/basic necessity, so I don't think it's in their control list. I may be wrong though, so it's best for you to go search for the said list....

u mean this daily/basic necessaties all cannot buy? like e.g. wat? toothpaste..?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u mean this daily/basic necessaties all cannot buy? like e.g. wat? toothpaste..?

AFAIK, daily necessities like cooking oil, rice, baby milk powder... These are subsidized for their citizens' needs.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the latest double order is M add oysters.

Standard request for add oysters is +RM2, there is also the option of name your price for add oysters.

Got see people order add RM5 oysters for all 3 sizes before, also got people order no oysters :eek:

Your photo like that is S, M or L and add how much oysters?

caleb_kang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, daily necessities like cooking oil, rice, baby milk powder... These are subsidized for their citizens' needs.

control list means what huh? means can only buy limited quantities or completely cannot buy. i bought anlene refill packs before :eek:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
control list means what huh? means can only buy limited quantities or completely cannot buy. i bought anlene refill packs before :eek:

I don't have the list; you'll have to go search for yourself. It's just something that I've read quite a long time back already, that I keep in mind whenever I shop over there. I just avoid buying things like rice, cooking oil, baby milk powder...

Once again, Anlene adult milk powder to me is more of a supplement rather than a daily necessity, much like vitamins. (Go see Tesco Online Malaysia, and you'll find Anlene under Drinks>Supplement rather than Baby>Milk Powder.) But that's just me, the final decision lies with the authorities there. So ya, go find the list if you want to be sure.

:)

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't have the list; you'll have to go search for yourself. It's just something that I've read quite a long time back already, that I keep in mind whenever I shop over there. I just avoid buying things like rice, cooking oil, baby milk powder...

Once again, Anlene adult milk powder to me is more of a supplement rather than a daily necessity, much like vitamins. (Go see Tesco Online Malaysia, and you'll find Anlene under Drinks>Supplement rather than Baby>Milk Powder.) But that's just me, the final decision lies with the authorities there. So ya, go find the list if you want to be sure.

:)

For so many years since i started heading JB for groceries. Never heard of this "list" sia. Dun spread fake news leh.... :s13:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually their working days not standard one hor.

the latest double order is M add oysters.

Standard request for add oysters is +RM2, there is also the option of name your price for add oysters.

Got see people order add RM5 oysters for all 3 sizes before, also got people order no oysters :eek:

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, that's the down side of visiting a business that sells out always when they open and people queue up the moment they turn on the fire to start cooking.

at least now they have fb account to keep their die hard fans posted

https://www.facebook.com/jbfriedoyster/

i still prefer to call auntie and ask :s13:

Actually their working days not standard one hor.

bbmars1128

Reaction score
For so many years since i started heading JB for groceries. Never heard of this "list" sia. Dun spread fake news leh.... :s13:

Actually, there is a list of items not permissible to buy for foreigners. This was when oil and cost of living rocket after the last recession recovery. I recalled reading it in ST. MY side published it. So certain things we are not allowed to buy.

Anlene is definitely not on the list. Infant milk power yes, but again, subjective. Poultry is controlled by SG.
The rest, MY is in control of things that are subsidise by MY Gov.

Whether you are permitted to bring back really up to the staff on the day. depends on your luck.

beanstalk6

Reaction score

Actually, there is a list of items not permissible to buy for foreigners. This was when oil and cost of living rocket after the last recession recovery. I recalled reading it in ST. MY side published it. So certain things we are not allowed to buy.

Anlene is definitely not on the list. Infant milk power yes, but again, subjective. Poultry is controlled by SG.
The rest, MY is in control of things that are subsidise by MY Gov.

Whether you are permitted to bring back really up to the staff on the day. depends on your luck.

There is a list of items considered controlled for export.
https://www.kpdnkk.gov.my/kpdnkk/list-of-controlled-goods/?lang=en
There were 2 instances I encountered at JB CIQ where people were directed to the Kastam office for having milk powder tins in their luggage.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i miss the old singapore customs where there was no x-ray checks for bus users.

monthly adventures to Holiday Plaza, it was the only place to get South Park back then.

Those driving are never required to clear their luggage through X-ray checks, unlike bus or train users.

bbmars1128

Reaction score
There is a list of items considered controlled for export.
https://www.kpdnkk.gov.my/kpdnkk/list-of-controlled-goods/?lang=en
There were 2 instances I encountered at JB CIQ where people were directed to the Kastam office for having milk powder tins in their luggage.

The list is there, but the banned was enforced during that period. It was in the press after that recession. In the past, it was never a problem to bring stuff out.

Not only you, some of my friends got their stuff ejected. Sometime, this year, while coming back, with toilet paper in the back of the car, MY officer told us nest time not allowed to bring out. I was wandering since when toilet paper.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
i miss the old singapore customs where there was no x-ray checks for bus users.

monthly adventures to Holiday Plaza, it was the only place to get South Park back then.

This is not about Singapore customs. Singapore customs is only interested if the milk powder you purchased in Malaysia is subject to GST. They will not stop you from importing milk powder to Singapore.
It is the Malaysian kastam's business to ensure that you do not export controlled items like milk powder, which is why they X-ray your luggage when you leave JB CIQ.

Last edited:

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesterday post wrong place.

hello, can check if this link (https://www.sgmytaxi.com/singapore-to-bukit-indah/

:Jurong East bus interchange to board the Causeway Link bus No.CW3.

Boon Lay to board the Causeway Link bus No.CW6.

what's the frequency of the bus from sg ah?

and when coming back to sg, is it go back to the same stop that i drop off when i reach there?
and how to know the bus timing for coming back?

or if there is a better way to go there, then pls let me know.

thanks.

Someone posted the URL to the caueway link but I don't see any bus for bukit indiah.

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 5

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Yesterday post wrong place.

hello, can check if this link (https://www.sgmytaxi.com/singapore-to-bukit-indah/

what's the frequency of the bus from sg ah?

and when coming back to sg, is it go back to the same stop that i drop off when i reach there?
and how to know the bus timing for coming back?

or if there is a better way to go there, then pls let me know.

thanks.

Someone posted the URL to the caueway link but I don't see any bus for bukit indiah.

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 5

The link given in the other thread is correct. If you looked, the details are given:
https://www.causewaylink.com.my/view-local.php?route=CW6&iframe=true&width=720&height=400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.