Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walkytalky

Reaction score
I dont know if thats for female hair. I go to mas about 2-3 times a week, i find the hair cut for males generally same price as in sg. approx 9-12$.

Walkytalky

Reaction score
I dont know the mall name. but once you enter the custom, turn right in to tebrau. There is a futuristic looking mall which has a huge banner stating "IT street". Its one of the first 1-2 malls on the right, less than 2km after turning right in to tebrau. You can check that out.

KSL is another place for hp stuff.

Walkytalky

Reaction score
ya electronics is cheaper in m'sia cos got no GST
i bought Edifier S1000db from Inter Asia malaysia too and s'pore dont carry this model luv it

Ive personally never found IT things cheaper in mas. In fact ppl from mas come to sg to buy it stuff back. yes there is no GST there. now there is SST. but even before GST/SST, there is no competition there for electronics.

Take eg the xt60 connector in sg is $1.5 each. There, unless you go online to make an online purchase with a mas postage address, the shop sells it for $9.
The lack of comp for certain products make it a place easy to charge higher.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dont know if thats for female hair. I go to mas about 2-3 times a week, i find the hair cut for males generally same price as in sg. approx 9-12$.

Depends where you go... saloon type or those Indian Shops opp Holiday Plaza. Those Indian shops charge me a decent cut with some neck cracking service @ RM12.
With shampoo wash @ RM20

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a shopping centre to buy IT products in JB?
Thanks.

Personally, I don’t find their IT stuff very cheap. A few years back I helped my aunt buy an iPad mini and she saved abour $80 on a $400 odd device due to the exchange rate difference. My current Lenovo laptop was bought at Danga City Mall about three years back but it’s a bit different- compared to Singapore IT Expo prices, I saved only about 10% on a $1,500 laptop, but for mine I swapped out my HDD to SSD and I doubled my ram to 8GB.

Now with the implementation of SST, and I read online Danga City Mall seems to be undergoing major renovation, I do not recommend buying IT stuff from Malaysia. A lot of such stuff can bought online from various platforms which offer free delivery, refund and credit card discount as well.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Holiday Plaza top floor.

if you like pink color & branded(French-Guinot) facial, go for LUSH

if you like OEM, go for 女皇

LUSH is on the left of the escalator, 女皇 on the right, middle section of holiday plaza.

anyone went jb for facial before? any recommendation ? used to went a shophouse one for like rm100 or below, not bad.

XT60... which RC stuff u play with?

price cannot direct compare, in shops in SG, have to account for overhead

Ive personally never found IT things cheaper in mas. In fact ppl from mas come to sg to buy it stuff back. yes there is no GST there. now there is SST. but even before GST/SST, there is no competition there for electronics.

Take eg the xt60 connector in sg is $1.5 each. There, unless you go online to make an online purchase with a mas postage address, the shop sells it for $9.
The lack of comp for certain products make it a place easy to charge higher.

Last edited:

Walkytalky

Reaction score

price cannot direct compare, in shops in SG, have to account for overhead[/QUOTE]

For escooter batteries. Ya so SG should be more ex. but they sell it $9SGD in mas, and $1.5SGD in Singapore.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
escooter use XT60 :eek:

now i'm not surprised why so many explode and catch on fire...

XT60 max can take is 12 gauge wire, 9 amps current..

I would suggest u switch to XT90 and 10 gauge for 15 amps current draw, safer...

price cannot direct compare, in shops in SG, have to account for overhead

For escooter batteries. Ya so SG should be more ex. but they sell it $9SGD in mas, and $1.5SGD in Singapore.[/QUOTE]

ckwoo1208

Reaction score
Sorry if this was asked and answered earlier, would anyone know if the carpark at Woodlands Train Checkpoint is still open? Last been there almost half a year ago, it was already shrunken in size and looks ready to be demolished.

Thanks much!

starbury

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry mega JB noob here...hope you guys can help me with your expertise

A) missed out on KTM train tix, so which is the next fastest way into JB? Or all the same cos going by road? Single traveller here.

B) wanna do some shopping for kiddie clothes/shoes, adult sneakers, hair salon...any mall to recommend? Having a uniqlo would be a plus

C) or any fave/newest mall to recommend?

TIA :)

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry mega JB noob here...hope you guys can help me with your expertise

A) missed out on KTM train tix, so which is the next fastest way into JB? Or all the same cos going by road? Single traveller here.

B) wanna do some shopping for kiddie clothes/shoes, adult sneakers, hair salon...any mall to recommend? Having a uniqlo would be a plus

C) or any fave/newest mall to recommend?

TIA :)

A) Go by bus from woodlands custom. By bus need to q up at respective lane for it. If you want faster, after custom at sg, walk down the stairs, just before others q for public buses, usually there are other private buses waiting to pick up workers or this buses are returning to JB, try this buses and would be faster to get you to JB custom.

B) City Sq and Paradigm have uniqlo. Hair saloon, i suggest you go KSL or Holiday Plaza. Many such shops in these two malls. Rem to compare price. Singaporean style.... lolz

C) KSL/City Sq/ Paradigm Mall. These are popular. Capital City Mall is the newest, but last heard most shops haven open up yet.

Enjy!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.